IRN BRU CHALLENGE CUP FINAL

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

6 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

Has our club done anything to drum up interest or excitement? Surely the more this is plastered and marketed the more likely fans will go along and persuade others to join them. A Saturday 4.15pm ko gives the excuse makers very little excuse.

Saw the manager on sky sports promoting the edinburgh derby, but no mention of any of our upcoming games.

I'm struggling as it is to get enthusiastic about going to this. Reminds me of the dilemma I had about whether to vote in the EU referendum. Nothing to do with my trip to Rome for the rugby next weekend either. Only the chance to catch up with my Perth resident daughter that swings it for me.

Apart from the article on the back page of the IC rag today promoting free tickets for kids under 12, I'm not aware of efforts even to get ST holders to go never mind attracting the occasional glory hunters we need to help make up the numbers.

Edited by Row S

13 minutes ago, Row S said:

I'm struggling as it is to get enthusiastic about going to this. Reminds me of the dilemma I had about whether to vote in the EU referendum. Nothing to do with my trip to Rome for the rugby next weekend either. Only the chance to catch up with my Perth resident daughter that swings it for me.

Apart from the article on the back page of the IC rag today promoting free tickets for kids under 12, I'm not aware of efforts even to get ST holders to go never mind attracting the occasional glory hunters we need to help make up the numbers.

Surely glory hunters wouldn't be daft enough to choose ICT as their team. 

If your looking for an extra because your a season ticket holder your in luck. They go on sale a day before the general public. 

I'm really looking forward to this one actually. I think it will be a tough match and Dumbarton clearly look like they are up for it.

2 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Surely glory hunters wouldn't be daft enough to choose ICT as their team. 

If your looking for an extra because your a season ticket holder your in luck. They go on sale a day before the general public. 

I'd count my other half as a glory Hunter as she only goes to cup semis, finals and European ties.

Wow, on sale a day earlier to ST holders! I'll need to get there early to beat the rush.?

• Funny 2

Yup the glory hunter tag doesn't really fit. I use it for the majority of football fans who say they support either of the old firm who have never been to parkhead or Ibrox. 

Prefer the term day tripper. They just want to get involved in an enjoyable day out with a big more of a special atmosphere than the run of the mill fixtures. I don't have any problem with that. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 11:53 PM, Row S said:

On 3/10/2018 at 12:11 AM, ICTPAISLEY said:

Surely glory hunters wouldn't be daft enough to choose ICT as their team

I'm really looking forward to this one actually. I think it will be a tough match and Dumbarton clearly look like they are up for it.

Trust me when i say no one has ever labeled me a glory hunter for supporting ICT. Even at the scottish cup final most ask the story of how i became a supporter and find it rather interesting. :laugh: But unfortunately this glory hunter is missing the irn bru cup final due to work but i booked myself flight over for our last home game in April against Dunfermline looking like a nothing game at this point.. . . . . Canne wait! 

• Like 1

Belfast Brigade, I admire your spunk and dedication to the cause. Lang may yer lum reek, laddie. You are an inspiration to all the others who are  either lukewarm or flatter to deceive in terms of their affiliation or affection for our wonderful team. 

I take it you were born in Scotland though were you not?

https://www.pinterest.ca/HelloBC/winter-in-bc/i

Kind regards from a currently beautiful sunny day in British Columbia, Canada. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Belfast Brigade, I admire your spunk and dedication to the cause. Lang may yer lum reek, laddie. You are an inspiration to all the others who are  either lukewarm or flatter to deceive in terms of their affiliation or affection for our wonderful team. 

I take it you were born in Scotland though were you not?

https://www.pinterest.ca/HelloBC/winter-in-bc/i

Kind regards from a currently beautiful sunny day in British Columbia, Canada. 

weather looks lovely. Maybe time to break out the BBQ? And i was not born in Scotland. Born and raised in Northern Ireland. I have Scottish heritage but none coming from inverness. Just happened to come across this wonderful club  and traveled to watch them play in turn falling in love with the wonderful place that is inverness :ictscarf:

Edited by Belfast Brigade
  • Like 3

I must say that my attitude to "glory hunters" has softened a bit. Even as recently as the 2015 Cup Final, I had a bit of an ambivalent attitude to the unprecedented presence of around 15,000 in the Inverness end - glad to see that level of backing for the club, but also a bit resentful at people turning up only for this extra helping of self-gratification.

Now, I tend more to believe that everyone is free to buy into attending matches at whatever level their interest determines.

With ICT there will maybe be a few dozen who attend every game, home and away; a few hundred who never miss a home game; a couple of thousand season ticket holders who attend most home games; a few thousand attending half a dozen or more games.... up to 15,000 for a Scottish Cup final. Nobody in a "more frequent" category really has the right to play the Self Righteous card and criticise less frequent attenders.

Then there's the large majority of the population of Inverness who have no interest at all in watching ICT, many, possibly even most, of these with no interest in football at all.

Where the final of a national cup for lower league sides (that's a definition, not a dismissive term) comes on that spectrum remains to be seen.

Charles as he usually does , sums up the  so called glory hunting , perfectly

My own observations  are the same. I have noticed that people will attend these matches, with their whole family.  Several people with the usual  normal supporter.  On my way back from Hampden I was sitting next to a guy who never or very rarely went to a match ,  But he was thrilled to have been at the Final.   When Ross County made there final did they not say  " The last people to leave town switch the light off ",   Sometimes you just can't get a ticket, when Bury played Liverpool at Anfield in a later round of the FA cup . I was desperate to get a ticket. But a sign at the ground said "sold out " ,  I did manage to get one as I knew one of the players, who got one for me. 

Booked a ticket for me and my brother, it may not be as big an occasion as the Scottish Cup Final by any means but after this horror show of a season I really hope for a good day, and the Caledonian Bar welcoming us is a kind gesture so glad my days off landed on Match day. Hope to see a great turnout of Highlanders to the Fair City.