IRN BRU CHALLENGE CUP FINAL

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

9 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

I meant from tbe club themselves, regarding merchandising. I thoroughly enjoyed the cup 3 years ago too - I made sure that I appreciated it fully, as I might never get ro experience it again. 

Obviously, the irn-bru cup doesn't compare to that ...certainly not expecting shop displays in Inverness, etc.

My point (probably badly made...apologies!) is thst the club are doing a good bit to drum up interest, whereas they probably didn't have to do so for the cup, which I always felt was a bit of a missed opportunity, commercially speaking, for the club itself.

Just saying that the club are doing a decent job of pushing the irn-bru cup final & drumming up interest, that's all.

Personally I don't think they are. They aren't doing a bad job but everything seems a bit late in the day to drum up some interest. Harry Gows were given tickets last night to give away today and even they made a comment about the late notice given to them.

I know there was a bit of a delay in getting the tickets to the clubs from the SPFL but that shouldn't have stopped ICT from drumming up some interest right from the word go. Most folk these days get their news from social media but until recently Facebook and Twitter were pretty quiet about this game. It doesn't take much to set up automated Tweets to ping out info about how to get tickets for the game.

It was good to see that the team were going round schools in the area to get younger fans interested. However I would have liked to have seen more things like "The person who buys the 100th, 500th, 1000th ticket wins a special prize" and it could have been things at minimal cost to the club like signed strips, be a mascot at a home game (or even the final itself), do some more ties in with local shops to win tickets basically do anything to try and incentivize (is that a word?) folk to buy a ticket for this game.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Personally I don't think they are. They aren't doing a bad job but everything seems a bit late in the day to drum up some interest. Harry Gows were given tickets last night to give away today and even they made a comment about the late notice given to them.

I know there was a bit of a delay in getting the tickets to the clubs from the SPFL but that shouldn't have stopped ICT from drumming up some interest right from the word go. Most folk these days get their news from social media but until recently Facebook and Twitter were pretty quiet about this game. It doesn't take much to set up automated Tweets to ping out info about how to get tickets for the game.

It was good to see that the team were going round schools in the area to get younger fans interested. However I would have liked to have seen more things like "The person who buys the 100th, 500th, 1000th ticket wins a special prize" and it could have been things at minimal cost to the club like signed strips, be a mascot at a home game (or even the final itself), do some more ties in with local shops to win tickets basically do anything to try and incentivize (is that a word?) folk to buy a ticket for this game.

I seen that Dumbarton done this with something like the 1000th person getting their ticket for free. 

3 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I seen that Dumbarton done this with something like the 1000th person getting their ticket for free. 

They could have done it for the 2,000th and 2,500th person as well. Their ticket sales have been phenomenal for this game. I didn't think I'd see the day when ICT were outnumbered by Dumbarton in a cup final but that's what looks like happening tomorrow.

It does seem the club is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't on this. Some fans okay with what is happening and others obviously displeased. There does seem to be an air of constant negativity over many posts these days, much of it stemming from, in my opinion, unrealistic expectations of some fans. We are where we are this season, need to avoid relegation, which I am confident we will, and put in place a team and plan for next season. The current board has to be given a bit of time to sort this out as they are picking up the pieces from poor management at every level within the club including promoting occasions like this. A bit off topic in places I know so apologies.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

I've seen a few hundred ICTFC fans outsing 10's of thousands at Ibrox and Parkhead....so I don't give a toss who brings the most fans.

P.S. I'll be celebrating in Spain, so if you could all give just a wee bit more to make up for my absence, that would be great ??

evening everyone, due to being off work ill for the past 3 days, I'm no longer able to attend tomorrow. with that being said, I now have 1x adult ticket and 1x child ticket that are free to a good home. if anyone knows anyone who would like them and can collect from Milton of leys, let me know.

thanks.

Is there not an element here of wee boys going behind the bike sheds to compare willies, but with the strange twist of each secretly hoping his will be the smallest so he can find something to blame his parents for?

Following a miserable 2016-17 which produced nothing more concrete than relegation and then a big struggle to make an impact in the Championship this season, Inverness Caledonian Thistle is now less than 24 hours away from a National Cup Final.... and what do we see on its fans' forum? Some people still looking for anything at all to moan about and for somebody else to blame for perceived shortcomings of governance - most recently, Cup Final ticket sales -  when the focus should really be on the game itself and the chance of a potentially corner-turning cup success.

Well done to Huisdean for an excellent post about 10 above this one.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

The important thing tomorrow is for those of us able to make it to get right behind the team and help get the right result. With that in mind I reckon 3-1 caley. Bell scoring opener followed by Oakley and Mackay a late third. ?

• Agree 2

I will be glued to Alba cheering the team on, wishing I could be there (missing out due to a family birthday).

With tickets on sale at Perth, hopefully some more make the decision to go.

I've been to our last two finals, will never forget either, particularly Hampden, and I really hope tomorrow can spark a positive end to the season.

To all of you going, have a great, noisy, successful time!

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, jed5697 said:

The important thing tomorrow is for those of us able to make it to get right behind the team and help get the right result. With that in mind I reckon 3-1 caley. Bell scoring opener followed by Oakley and Mackay a late third. ?

That's the spirit.  Will be happy for any ICT goals but if Mackay got a goal it will be magic.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, hasman82 said:

evening everyone, due to being off work ill for the past 3 days, I'm no longer able to attend tomorrow. with that being said, I now have 1x adult ticket and 1x child ticket that are free to a good home. if anyone knows anyone who would like them and can collect from Milton of leys, let me know.

thanks.

And I have return train tickets for sale for only £35. Leaving 10.45am

Edited by L_G

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Is there not an element here of wee boys going behind the bike sheds to compare willies, but with the strange twist of each secretly hoping his will be the smallest so he can find something to blame his parents for?

Following a miserable 2016-17 which produced nothing more concrete than relegation and then a big struggle to make an impact in the Championship this season, Inverness Caledonian Thistle is now less than 24 hours away from a National Cup Final.... and what do we see on its fans' forum? Some people still looking for anything at all to moan about and for somebody else to blame for perceived shortcomings of governance - most recently, Cup Final ticket sales -  when the focus should really be on the game itself and the chance of a potentially corner-turning cup success.

Well done to Huisdean for an excellent post about 10 above this one.

Quite bloody right! :clapping:

• Agree 1

Will be there tomorrow and hoping to see an ICT win. Taking two of my sons and three of my youngest's mates.

Up to Robbo, the players and all others with the team to get themselves motivated and ready to win..............the last ICT win I saw (other than a scrappy (League Cup?)win against the Blue Brazil) was the cup final v Falkirk. Have seen some shocking performances since then.

Time to start turning the tide.

• Agree 1