Toothless ICT v Winless Brechin - GAME OFF

RiG

20 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Caman, please accept my apologies in advance if the top line of your statement is intended to be taken at face value as opposed to the irony which I have interpreted. But, in the latter event, it's you who needs to get real because that would betray little concept of the realities and demands of upper level competitive sport. After 90 minutes of football, or indeed after most sporting activities, even those of short duration, the need for recovery must take a high priority and needs to be managed very carefully.

By the time you get to the end of a 40+ week season even playing once a week, the issue of cumulative fatigue is a consideration and concern, which is why adding in this that and another into some players' schedules is a worry. When you go to extended periods of playing competitively twice a week then that cumulative fatigue is an hugely bigger concern - and that's before you even start to think about injury risk and management.

What we're talking about here is a bit more than kick and rush at the Bught in the the Welfare League before going back to the Gelluns for a pint.

Charles, with hindsight I will partially withdraw some of what I have said. 

However, I don't think it's totally wrong either. It's not beyond 'young men' to play 3 hours of football a week, on top of training. If it is, those who can't manage should fine a job within their capabilities, mentally and physically. 

Lastly, time to try out football seasons Scandanavian style. I would think it is worth it. Shinty has benefitted, so why wouldn't football?

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

Club put on FB tuesdays game is now in jeopardy. So yes makes the decision not to rearrange a few weeks ago look very silly indeed 

Please keep that the "Dunfermline v ICT - Game to be called off" thread :wink: