Livi v ICT - GAME OFF

RiG

2 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

This could be developing into the mother of all fixtures backlogs!

Yup. We only have two free midweeks between now and the end of the season. Last thing we need is another midweek game.

1 minute ago, IBM said:

It will be like playing on a ploughed field :sad:

I have played shinty on many a boggy and ploughed field. Balmacara probably the worst. Still bagged a hat trick there though. But then that's a real man's game. :cheer01:

1 hour ago, Caman said:

I have played shinty on many a boggy and ploughed field. Balmacara probably the worst. Still bagged a hat trick there though. But then that's a real man's game. :cheer01:

Ironically enough, Balmacara (the "new Balmacara", I think) was the most playable pitch in shinty last Saturday and hosted the only game that went ahead.

9 hours ago, RiG said:

Yup. We only have two free midweeks between now and the end of the season. Last thing we need is another midweek game.

......... and most of them away too.

4 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

Course it's frozen at 8 in the morning. Surely it will be fine by 3pm when temperature has risen. I thought they were worried about a waterlogged pitch.

But if it wasn't and it was called off after ICT fans and players had started travelling they'd get dogs abuse for not calling it off earlier. 

Regardless, it seems that Livi haven't made much of an effort to get the pitch ready anyway. Snow was only cleared off it the other day and they don't use their USH anymore either. They could have had this game go ahead but they, like ICT, don't make the same effort as they would have done if they were in the top tier. 

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Blimey...if we still have any injured players, they should all be fit by the time we play again (hopefully that includes Donaldson, and Austin)

It'll definitely test the depth of the squad...but if we get some momentum going we actually want games to come fairly quickly.

I am all for making early decisions to avoid inconvenience for fans but an 8am inspection when the issue is frost is ridiculous.

The pitch has another seven hours in what will almost certainly be warmer conditions than overnight to thaw out. Wrong call on this occasion.

Admittedly we're in the West but we're the same latitude (or is it longitude?) as Livingston and while we had frost last night, by the time I got up (7.30am) it was bucketing rain. Must have been similar there and surely the pitch will be playable long before 3pm?