How can I sponsor Caley?

Blair

1 hour ago, Blair said:

Thanks for all who replied to  me here. We are now ready to chat out things. I am wondering as well please note I have not lived in Inverness in a while so my  information could be out of date. I was thinking as good idea I could say buy 100 Caley T-shirt then give it to Inverness Academy and   100 for Inverness High school  my goal is to get more people going to the Caley matches do you think is a good idea or bad?

Why don't you just do what several posters have recommended, that is speak directly to the Chairman or the C.O.O.?  I'm sure they will be delighted to advise you how to make your investment.  Is it really necessary to bleat on about it on this thread? I, for one, am getting rather tired of it.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

.Is it really necessary to bleat on about it on this thread? I, for one, am getting rather tired of it.

Now that CMIB has raised the issue, I think I'd want to add that I'm getting a bit tired of it as well. If you're going to do it, just do it.

When Blair first posted on this forum some months ago, I was mildly chastised by one or two fellow posters for what was a mildly abrasive initial response on my part. Their reaction wasn't wholly unreasonable, on the original premise that Blair was just a young lad making a point about the club...... as opposed to the Slavic, Putin-supporting Oligarch which he has now revealed himself to be. Hence I now feel slightly less inhibited. :smile: (So here's hoping that Poloium-210, tabun, sarin or dodgy umbrellas aren't among Blair's merchandise! :lol:)

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 5

Charlie,  I am truly gobsmacked by your overpowering gobbledegook, gubbing up the thread from Gallipoli to Geronimo's farm in Saskatchewan , Canada.

Please,  let the poor man alone. He seems to be  the genuine article but he may be the world's most clever manipulator as well;  being able to generate waves of humour in some  or even irritation  and/or boredom in others . Take it all with a pinch of salt and await developments with bated breath.  Haud yer wheesht , man, and listen and learn. Aye! That's the ticket.

So Blair doesn't have your highly expressive, voluminous and voluptuously validating superiority on all things related to the spoken English word but he has as much right as anyone else on this forum to express himself in any reasonable way he chooses. Surely it's what he is trying to enunciate, rather then the form or context in which he does this, that matters. If your sky-high.er education allows you to sift the wheat from the chaff with such ease then WHY do you need an interpreter to get it when he speaks?

So you are bored and we are s-o-o-o upset about that.  If so, then the answer  is simple......just b--gger off to Buffalo. No need to read the thread at all. Or even to put the new poster down by dumping a ton of bricks on his head.  After all, you do NOT own this site. What if a wee birdie landed on your shoulder and, in a sepulchral whisper told you that  Mr. Blair was ...er...autistic? For how long would you wear your sackcloth and ashes before rueing the day you eschewed diplomacy for impetuous pomposity.

I view Blair with mixed emotions and I might be persuaded in due course to assume that some of his statements maybe should be viewed with some scepticism and a wee little pinch of salt. Except that it's early days and what IF he  has a lot of MONEY or has contacts who do have a lot of money? And he really does want to spend it on CaleyThistle? .OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!  Scary, what? 

Who cares if it's him who  saves the club financially and from desperate obscurity,  or Valdimir Put-the-Butin who does it, so long as someone does.  Aye.:smile:

• Agree 3
  • Funny 3

33 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Charlie,  I am truly gobsmacked by your overpowering gobbledegook, gubbing up the thread from Gallipoli to Geronimo's farm in Saskatchewan , Canada.

Please,  let the poor man alone. He seems to be  the genuine article but he may be the world's most clever manipulator as well;  being able to generate waves of humour in some  or even irritation  and/or boredom in others . Take it all with a pinch of salt and await developments with bated breath.  Haud yer wheesht , man, and listen and learn. Aye! That's the ticket.

So Blair doesn't have your highly expressive, voluminous and voluptuously validating superiority on all things related to the spoken English word but he has as much right as anyone else on this forum to express himself in any reasonable way he chooses. Surely it's what he is trying to enunciate, rather then the form or context in which he does this, that matters. If your sky-high.er education allows you to sift the wheat from the chaff with such ease then WHY do you need an interpreter to get it when he speaks?

So you are bored and we are s-o-o-o upset about that.  If so, then the answer  is simple......just b--gger off to Buffalo. No need to read the thread at all. Or even to put the new poster down by dumping a ton of bricks on his head.  After all, you do NOT own this site. What if a wee birdie landed on your shoulder and, in a sepulchral whisper told you that  Mr. Blair was ...er...autistic? For how long would you wear your sackcloth and ashes before rueing the day you eschewed diplomacy for impetuous pomposity.

I view Blair with mixed emotions and I might be persuaded in due course to assume that some of his statements maybe should be viewed with some scepticism and a wee little pinch of salt. Except that it's early days and what IF he  has a lot of MONEY or has contacts who do have a lot of money? And he really does want to spend it on CaleyThistle? .OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!  Scary, what? 

Who cares if it's him who  saves the club financially and from desperate obscurity,  or Valdimir Put-the-Butin who does it, so long as someone does.  Aye.:smile:

Quite right Scarlet.

There are unfortunately a few posters who take great pleasure from insulting new contributors to these forums.

Live and let live, I say!

• Agree 7

What I am saying is ... if you leave  the washer on and just give it  time it will eventually all come out in the wash so why not at thjis early stage just :ictscarf:give Blair the benefit of the doubt that he is the genuine article and just needs some assistance. 

• Agree 2

Me and Jim Oliver from the Caley club have started to discuss things if you don't know Jim he's great guy  I have met him at least once in Inverness I think if I remember correctly he was in charge of group in Inverness  who supply Oil rigs with  agency workers I can't remember the company name but either way that's all talks properly started and he asked me to pay them a visit to Inverness so when I get bit further with my house I will go to Inverness and meet them all.

Edited by Blair
  • Agree 1

Thank you bughtmaster. I am not if you like secret Puttin secret worker . I admire the man since he's smart and brave and he managed to do something which is incredibly hard to make a country like Russia profitable since it's so big and most Russians experience extreme things all the time like say we have -20 they get -50 temperature. I will be fair I am quite lucky since I have giant cheeks so I can handle cold more than a normal person since I have if you like a face mask. If any of you want me to request improvements done to the club I would love to hear any since my football knowledge is only about a small amount of things which is about Caley I more less care zero interest in any other football clubs anymore.

As a fan living in  Western Canada. I would love it if you would consider requesting that the club bring back the Saturday Home matches videos for all of us overseas  guys. The charge to us was 5 pounds which was dirt cheap and obviously uneconomic and I think that  they could easily double that charge and still find that the O. F's would be very happy.  The video was fine and the commentator , Don Johnstone, was well-schooled in all the stats, etc., re players and did a very fine job overall. Great value for money IMHO. :ictscarf:

To be honest Scarlet  Pimple that's same as what I would want as well I  would really like to see as much of Caley matches as possible.  I know when Caley goes back into the SPL say next  season they will get a lot of the match recorded again which will be great since part of a thing which does annoy me a bit this season in some games when Caley lose they have decent ball amount say 50% or more but still lose.

I was going to offer Caley for me to build them free video site and  I will host all of Caley videos myself on the site I have built few videos stes not as big as youtube or close but still fairly big.

We can currently access the videos of the matches that the club provide after the games have been played  but what I liked most of all was sitting at home on the days of the home games and tuning in on the computer live in real warmth and comfort and seeing all the action as it happened. 

All power to your elbow, Blair. Sounds as if you are on the right track. Nothing ventured , nothing gained eh.?:wave:

Thanks CaleyD always thought Caley had the prettiest football stadium for the location by far.  This is just quick video webinar  I was on yesterday I have the baby face or the younger one in this video if you want to know what I look everyone on this webinar with me have been doing SEO for like 10 years or website design or more doing online this is to show you I do know what I am talking about SEO or not some kind mystery person.

44 minutes ago, Blair said:

I have the baby face or the younger one in this video if you want to know what I look everyone on this webinar with me have been doing SEO for like 10 years or website design or more doing online this is to show you I do know what I am talking about SEO or not some kind mystery person.

Blair..... are you sure your real job isn't answering customer service calls in a tin hut in downtown Delhi? ?

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2

13 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Blair..... are you sure your real job isn't answering customer service calls in a tin hut in downtown Delhi? ?

Can you quit with the racist crap, please, Charles?  I damn near called you out last time - this time I am.  Didn't the reactions to your earlier post teach you anything?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Can you quit with the racist crap, please, Charles?  I damn near called you out last time - this time I am.  Didn't the reactions to your earlier post teach you anything?

Good Lord! I thought the Beast from the East had brought us quite enough snowflakery! Now it seems that referring to a frequent daily experience - unintelligible nuisance calls originating from the Subcontinent... or even perhaps to such calls as simply being unintelligible.... is considered to be racism.

Our freedom of expression seems to have declined a very long way in a very short time since the days of "The Wheels On Your House".

• Disagree 3

38 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

Racist or not, it is stupidly derogatory of someone who wants to help out ICT.

In that case I wish he would just do what the other sponsors do - sponsor the club- rather than turn the operation into an eternal Soap Opera which has now extended to 50 posts, 18 of these from himself, extending across two pages and seven days.

• Agree 1