I will never have felt as angry and annoyed with my team for winning a cup final. Absolutely dismal embarrassing performance from most of the team.

Exceptions could be made only for Ridgers, Warren. Donaldson, Tremarco, and the subs. 

• Agree 2
  • Facepalm 5

Well done ICT, a struggle but we got there. 

As soon as it is possible Sign Daniel Mackay on a long, long contract and ensure a huge sell on fee is written into his contract. That lad transformed the Team's attitude as soon as 'he came on.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Took my daughter to her first ever football match and spent 90 minutes thinking she’ll never want to to another one, but what an ending. She says she enjoyed it, but I’ll perhaps need to explain that games don’t always result in a win, a cup presentation and all the confetti!

I've dragged my kids to some dismal away days recently and this was their first bit of football magic. A 93rd minute winner in a final right in front of us. Doesn't matter how bad the football is, there's not much in life that beats that feeling. 

• Agree 5

13 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

Well done ICT, a struggle but we got there. 

As soon as it is possible Sign Daniel Mackay on a long, long contract and ensure a huge sell on fee is written into his contract. That lad transformed the Team's attitude as soon as 'he came on.

think you'll find bigger and better clubs after him with his Scotland schools exposure.

Contrasting fortunes for the two players who represented their countries yesterday - Mackay was lively and did really well to put that cross in, whilst Froxyllias lost Tremarco, who knocked it in at the far post.

Ah well just in from Perth .... We won the cup....and tremarco scored think that's about all I remember about the high points. Great performance by young mckay tremarco and Donaldson though. Daniel made all the difference 

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Contrasting fortunes for the two players who represented their countries yesterday

BBC report says that Robertson drove down to York to bring Mackay back from his Scotland Schoolboys duty!

Don't know what people are moaning about, we just won a major trophy! Would you rather we played well and lost? :cheer01:
This was the biggest game most Dumbarton players will ever play in their careers. The underdogs on these occasions are always fired up and running through brick walls. Of course we weren't going to roll them over. I'll take an ugly win every day of the week!

BBC report says that Robertson drove down to York to bring Mackay back from his Scotland Schoolboys duty!

In stark contrast to Yogi Hughes who would've driven him to Celtic Park and begged him to sign for them. :crazy:

Edited by AlexJones
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 2

For 92 minutes, that was the worst game of football I had ever witnessed : no shape, skill or much resembling football.

Overall we deserved it because of the negative approach of our opponents.

Great to have another piece of silverware for the collection : now we need to set our thoughts to next season............

A truly awful game of football where it got to the stage I was willing either team to score just so I could go home! :shrug:Fitting that Tremarco got the winner considering his last Final appearance and kudos to young McKay who made an impact when he came on. Hope he's signed up on a very long term contract!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Well that's 92 minutes of my life i don't get back what a dreadful game but a cup win is a cup win Pass marks only to Donaldson, Tremarco , Ridgers and young Daniel who i hope the club have the brains to get tied up and eventually make some money out of .....but then perhaps not P.S please do not let Vigurs take any more penalty's 

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

I thought that Robbo said that himself in the post-match interview. But either he wasn't very coherent or I wasn't listening too closely - so it's good to have that confirmed!

Watching Tremarco score the winning goal in a cup final at that time and the following celebration was worth the trip. For someone who has put in so much effort for caley superb. When it comes to it football finals are won by moments of magic and that was certainly a magic moment. Live long for caley fans cheers Carl ?

• Agree 6

Not the greatest game ever but let’s give credit to Dumbarton. They defended very well indeed with a game plan to stop us playing. They kept things very narrow giving our midfield little space, and then they closed us down quickly making it difficult for us to find space. 

Having said that, we should have had the quality to find the cute passes into the space behind or to take defenders on - but we didn’t. That’s a worry. Mulraney looked particularly ineffective in a situation where getting past his man would have given him space to use his pace. 

Doran and particularly MacKay added that bit of sparkle as the Dumbarton defence tired. We might have got 2 or 3 at the end (Vigurs awful penalty apart). Doran drew a smart save from the keeper and MacKay took a shot when he had better options. 

Getting the cup win should be a great psychological boost, whilst the final 10 minutes should give some clues on how to break Dumbarton down in the games to come. As I say, not the greatest game ever, but a really important win for a number of reasons. 

Finally. Delighted for Gary Warren to be able to play in a final and collect the silverware. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

The manager drove to York (370 miles), picked up Daniel MacKay (and Kieran Chalmers I believe) and drove back to Edinburgh (200 miles) where they stayed overnight before heading on to Perth (a further 45 miles.... all "ish"). Daniel was asked about it in his Sportsound post-match interview, where one of the questions was "so who got to choose the music on the way back?" to which the answer was "oh there wasn't any music because the gaffer talked all the time".

Making that trip in advance of the stresses and strains of managing a team in a cup final shows quite a lot of commitment to tge job.

• Agree 8

Not the greatest game I have seen, but history won't remember that, just the name of the winners and the goalscorer. I think it showed where we need to strengthen for next season. Col Donaldson was terrific at the back and striding forward to start attacks, definitely deserved his man of the match. So pleased as well for Tremarco, he works his socks off for the team. Robertson must know now the he has to give young Mackay more game time, he was more effective in the short time he was on, than some that played most of the game. I hope this gives the team the boost that they need, and we can kick on for the rest of the season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can't believe people are moaning about the quality of the game - who cares. The atmosphere was great and the ending was perfect. It's been nearly 3 years since i had any fun watching Caley. The celebrations at the end today made it all worthwhile. I loved it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic