Scotty

Great result. With the three teams above us all losing, couldn't ask for a better set of results. They are all within striking distance for us now, and if we can keep this run up, they will drop points. Nice to have some momentum and feel like we are getting a settled team.

49 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Yes, we could have done with Falkirk doing us a favour today, as realistically Dunfermline, out of the top 4, look like the only one we can catch.  I'm just starting to believe that it is possible.

It's still very much possible, especially as Dundee Utd still have to play Livingston and St Mirren (and will almost certainly be the only team Brechin beat this season!)

The two Dumbarton matches could be key for us and then we play Dunfermline (which I am up for)

A great win today and, including the cup, that's 6 games unbeaten..... Lets make that 7 against Falkirk this Tuesday

Great result, puts us in the driving seat for Tues night now and another step closer to maybe just maybe clinching that elusive play off spot. Even if we don't, simply finishing the season off the way we're going will lift the players and fans going into next season when we can hopefully do a Smirrurn of our own! 

• Like 1

Sounds like a good job, professionally done. The next three games could define our season: if we can get nine points against Falkirk and Dumbarton, we will be right in the mix. If we don't, it will just be pride to play for in our last three games.

Looking at the run ins, other than when they come here, Dunfermline's is quite easy with home games against Brechin and Dumbarton: to overhaul them we probably need six wins.

As a result, Dundee United are probably our target. They will probably slip up against St Mirren next week and still have Livingston and Queen of the South to play, along with Brechin and Falkirk.

So, a long shot, but .......

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

Fantastic result today. Glad there was no cup hangover for the team and they have kept focused. The recent results are adding to my excitement for my trip over in a few weeks. As already said the Tuesday night game is a big one now. Hopefully we can pounce on them as they lick their wounds from their derby defeat today. Must approach with caution though

• Agree 1

Well not long home. Why oh why couldnt we have found this level of consistency earlier? Good professional performance today. Team totally up for it and everyone played well. 

I dunno if weve left it too late tbh but having that wee bit hope is keeping our season alive. 

Special mention to the small but noisy bunch of fellow #caleyawayers who did our bit too!! Enjoyable awayday even if its some trek home...lol 

• Agree 4

16 hours ago, KennySim93 said:

Can't help feeling that we're going to finish just a couple of points short of the playoffs.  What could have been if we didn't have that awful start to the season!

It wasn't so much our awful start that was the frustration. That was entirely predicaible after the chaos of the close season. What really killed off our hopes of an immediate return to the Premiership was our dip in form in December and January after our encouraging run of games without defeat in October and November.

That was very disappointing indeed and much of the blame for that must be laid at the feet of the manager with a number of players suddenly seeming disinterested and a truly shocking spell of indiscipline where we seldom seem to finish with eleven men.

It is very encouraging to see that we have turned things around again but, despite the enthusiasm of some, it is too late for this season we are too far behind and, even if we keep it up, we will shortly run out of games to catch up.

What we can do is build up momentum for next season. St Mirren did the same last year in the last ten games and look where they are now. If we can keep this up and retain our best remaining players we are well capable of gaining promotion next year. We just need to be far more consistent than this.

• Agree 4
  • Facepalm 2

I think my glass is almost full because its almost in our own hands but the earlier dunfermline win over livvie might be the result that stops us getting into top 4.

Even if we win all our games dunfermline have to throw three points away and utd have to lose 6. 

But a strong fifth would bode well for next season but not for our players wages and contracts. 

If we made playoffs we would have a strong chance if we keep 11 on the pitch. 

Fingers crossed. 

32 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

I think my glass is almost full because its almost in our own hands but the earlier dunfermline win over livvie might be the result that stops us getting into top 4.

Even if we win all our games dunfermline have to throw three points away and utd have to lose 6. 

But a strong fifth would bode well for next season but not for our players wages and contracts. 

If we made playoffs we would have a strong chance if we keep 11 on the pitch. 

Fingers crossed. 

If we win all our remaining games, we will have 59 points. Dunfermline can then only get to 58, Morton to 56 and QoS to 52 (as we have to beat both Dunfermline & Morton to win all our games) and we would finish at least 4th, irrespective of what Dundee Utd do. 

So it’s entirely in our own hands - not that it will be easy. 

• Agree 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic