Political Correctness off topic stuff

ferben1994

3 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I remarked to someone over the weekend that it was rather fitting that Bristow should have bowed out on a treble 20.  I was told that was a very tasteless and disrespectful remark by this rather PC person.  B***ocks.  I think the Crafty Cockney might have had a wee chuckle at the thought.

indeed I think he would !  I try to pay little heed to those who are offended on behalf of others ... especially when the others are not actually offended !  One of the great things about living where I do is that the city is so diverse that I could tick so many of these 'PC' boxes if I wanted to use adjectives in front of the word friend .... and these friends can be just as Non-PC as anyone else ... especially after a few beers ;) 

My East Indian pharmacist (chemist shop) persists in hiring  folks of similar origin. i.e. either Asian or East Indian. He recently moved  into another  location right beside the Doctors who were beside him in that former location. It's a much bigger store than formerly and he is now  complaining about how poor his business is. and how his expenses have risen. 

A thought has occurred to me that since I have difficulty in fully understanding them when they discuss items with me due to their specific accents clouding the conversation, then maybe other potential customers have the same experience and feel the same  frustration. And that's one of the reasons why I persist in dealing with him exclusively. There's no racial bias but problems which arise due to the different background and poor communication are not going to bring him any more business, not to mention the mere fact that he seems to now have too many employees and appears to want to take a back seat and away from the counter. The seed may  probably fall on non-fertile ground but I might have a friendly word in his ear about hiring some  Anglo Saxons and maybe he will just have to also raise the wage level a wee bit if he does. If not, his financial situation may well continue to deteriorate. He is a clever  man and I find   him quite helpful since he now knows our family's medical backgrounds very well  so I think this is good for him and keeps me coming back also. But frankly, I don't think he will change so maybe I should just leave him to run his own business as he pleases? 

Anyway, in Canada all  inhabitants are either new immigrants or are descended from past Immigrants  so we really are a diverse bunch . So many different surnames that you can't take it all in and don't even try.....just go with the flow. What is interesting is that for shopping , etc., you can go to different districts for the variety of  items that you seek. or the restaurants  you crave, etc.  Once you get over the culture shock after you arrive here in La La Land, you simply accept people at face value  or go into hibernation  because,  whether you like it or not, the variety of people here is more than likely to keep you from getting bored stiff.:wink: Black, white, pink or Kaki, we are all just human beings and political correctness or prejudice soon disappears from your life because it achieves little of real value.  

13 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

A classic example is homosexuality which not so long ago was both illegal and generally seen as wrong.  These days, having a gay friend seems to be a must have fashion accessory to demonstrate what an inclusive individual you are.

C568C0E0-D26A-41AC-A39E-B688F4D8750A.jpeg.462aec03c3163b0254fe20573a1a8a35.jpeg

• Agree 3