12 week minimum ban for standing

Shorty

3 hours ago, jamie ictfc said:

Am I right in thinking that all clubs have a Supporters Liasion Officer? Does anybody know this persons remit? I would expect that they should be managing this situation far closer that they appear to be and Liase a lot closer with the current board and the fans who have been disgruntled since day one of this regime.  The fact that this person is so far unknown is laughable and points out that they are clearly failing in this role. 

In Scotland, only Premiership clubs are required to have an SLO....and even that is little more than a box ticking exercise as there's little laid down in terms of the function/s they must perform/fill.

Historically, ICTFC operated on the basis that the "SLO" was a function and not a person (although they did have a named person in the Premiership).  This meant that the correct person could/would liaise with supporters depending on what the situation required.  That meant that anyone, including the chairman, could and would be assigned to a relevant scenario....and on occasion when it perhaps needed the knowledge/skills of more than one person, the internal communication was such that this could be quickly put together and/or a degree of trust that if one person had to make a decision on behalf of someone else they could do that without fear of being rebuked.  It wasn't perfect, but it made the most efficient use of the resources the club had available.

To my knowledge we don't have an operational SLO at the moment.  It's possible someone may carry the title, but based on my time operating at the club under the current chairman/board there certainly wasn't the level of communication between board/senior management and staff that would have allowed them to fulfil that function in any meaningful way, shape or form.

In the absence of an SLO then fans could normally expect a supporters group to fulfil the function of liaising with a club on their behalf.....but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

No standing, no shouting, no swearing and not being drunk - i am fecked 

Ladies day tomorrow.....I'm not banking on any of them still being in the stadium come kick-off ?

• Funny 3

Are you watching?  are you watching? Are you watching Graham Rae? Good on them and they were standing when they were singing it, we need more of it tbh. 

On the subject of the statement there is a bit that says abuse of stewards, what if it’s the other way round I.e. a steward Called me chubby yesterday. The fact I’ve known him over 20 years and I’ve put a couple of pounds on might have helped :crazy:

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

It fair spoilt my day. I remained abstinent, sat for 90+ minutes, kept my lips pursed, consumed a whole bag of chewy Bon bond and behaved impeccably.

And then he woke up ...........what a nightmare..............must have been the voddie.

On 4/15/2018 at 3:01 AM, jagster said:

Are you watching?  are you watching? Are you watching Graham Rae? Good on them and they were standing when they were singing it, we need more of it tbh. 

TFC-USECTOR-STANDING.jpgThis is what Scottish football needs again ... what is the problem with standing?

Every TFC home game I have been to for the last 11 years has been in the same section at BMO Field (113) which has always been designated a supporters section and where flags, banners, standing and singing have been not only allowed but encouraged. This is in a stadium with upwards of 20,000 in attendance for most matches, where alcohol is served by the bucketload, and where this section is always full to capacity regardless of the other sections ... There are no official 'safe standing' seats like you might see in Germany (although that is coming for the front 5 or 6 rows) just regular seats like the TCS.

In 11 years I have never seen an issue with standing other than 'tourists' who either have not been to games, or who normally sit elsewhere in the ground, bitching about why they cannot see for those standing when they do manage to acquire tickets in this section ... they are quickly pointed towards these signs that the club attached to the stairwells and also the same info printed on the tickets ! Even REAL Tourists visiting from out of town - including 3 sets of ICT supporters I have taken to TFC games in the past - know to stand, sing and enjoy the atmosphere ! If you enjoy you are fine, if you get out of line you are dealt with by security or the police. 

On every visit back to ICT I am disheartened by the atmosphere in the stands and also the threat hanging over supporters if they dare to try and make an atmosphere. Some may argue we have always had the 'sweetie rustlers' and yes we did, and in my area of the main stand I would likely have been tarred with that brush, but I know that both myself and those around me did try back in the day to get things going .... and nowadays when I visit I just tend to keep my mouth shut. (although I did get a warning at Xmas at the Livi game as discussed on another thread at the time). Threats of FBOs or criminal convictions as well as over officious stewarding and in some cases unsympathetic leadership teams at various clubs have sucked the absolute life out of games at many stadiums. Its another attempt to enforce a one-size-fits-all solution to a problem that does not exist on any great scale outside of the usual two suspects. 

Kenny Cameron has been vilified on here since he stepped down but I do know he had broached the standing issue with the SPFL and was very fan focused (to the point where you could simply drop by for a chat !). The document circulated may have been mandated by the SPFL, or by some change in the handbook requirements to have a published policy about just about anything, but it certainly appears that the relationship between club and fans has reverted from 'Together-Ness' to being one of 'Them and Us' that existed a long time ago and did no-one any good and another reason why we need a cohesive, coherent and effective supporters group like CJT V2.0  

• Agree 6

Correct!

One solution  may be to make the back 2-3 rows in the stands as seated or standing even as a trial before the season ends? Would that work?

In days gone by, the terracing was all standing and enjoyed by all. Next season the area opposite the main stand could be allowed as open terracing as in days of yore, could it not--or is there an enclosure there by any chance? 

When I watched the Hibees for the 6 years I resided in Edinburgh  I was always at the back (the top) of the  terracing opposite the stand  and had no problems with any other fans there. Often the banter was good to very good. Howeve,r when I once went to Ibrox to see the one and only Rangers V Celtic match I have ever seen live, then I was careful to watch my  step as a bottle flying round your head was...er...somewhat scary I must admit.:laugh:

Last night at Dumbarton was ridiculous. Everyone standing was told to sit down no matter where they were and even if they weren't obstructing anyone's view. 

Gary Warren sat in the stand after his injury and the stewards made him empty his water bottle into a cup. 

Stewards seemed friendly enough, just ridiculously officious. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

Last night at Dumbarton was ridiculous. Everyone standing was told to sit down no matter where they were and even if they weren't obstructing anyone's view. 

Gary Warren sat in the stand after his injury and the stewards made him empty his water bottle into a cup. 

Stewards seemed friendly enough, just ridiculously officious. 

Have you thought of feeding that back to Dumbarton themselves? Might be an idea

3 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Have you thought of feeding that back to Dumbarton themselves? Might be an idea

Ach I'll not bother. We'll be 2 leagues apart soon anyway. 

• Funny 1

On 17/04/2018 at 3:06 PM, Scotty said:

TFC-USECTOR-STANDING.jpgThis is what Scottish football needs again ... what is the problem with standing?

Every TFC home game I have been to for the last 11 years has been in the same section at BMO Field (113) which has always been designated a supporters section and where flags, banners, standing and singing have been not only allowed but encouraged. This is in a stadium with upwards of 20,000 in attendance for most matches, where alcohol is served by the bucketload, and where this section is always full to capacity regardless of the other sections ... There are no official 'safe standing' seats like you might see in Germany (although that is coming for the front 5 or 6 rows) just regular seats like the TCS.

In 11 years I have never seen an issue with standing other than 'tourists' who either have not been to games, or who normally sit elsewhere in the ground, bitching about why they cannot see for those standing when they do manage to acquire tickets in this section ... they are quickly pointed towards these signs that the club attached to the stairwells and also the same info printed on the tickets ! Even REAL Tourists visiting from out of town - including 3 sets of ICT supporters I have taken to TFC games in the past - know to stand, sing and enjoy the atmosphere ! If you enjoy you are fine, if you get out of line you are dealt with by security or the police. 

On every visit back to ICT I am disheartened by the atmosphere in the stands and also the threat hanging over supporters if they dare to try and make an atmosphere. Some may argue we have always had the 'sweetie rustlers' and yes we did, and in my area of the main stand I would likely have been tarred with that brush, but I know that both myself and those around me did try back in the day to get things going .... and nowadays when I visit I just tend to keep my mouth shut. (although I did get a warning at Xmas at the Livi game as discussed on another thread at the time). Threats of FBOs or criminal convictions as well as over officious stewarding and in some cases unsympathetic leadership teams at various clubs have sucked the absolute life out of games at many stadiums. Its another attempt to enforce a one-size-fits-all solution to a problem that does not exist on any great scale outside of the usual two suspects. 

Kenny Cameron has been vilified on here since he stepped down but I do know he had broached the standing issue with the SPFL and was very fan focused (to the point where you could simply drop by for a chat !). The document circulated may have been mandated by the SPFL, or by some change in the handbook requirements to have a published policy about just about anything, but it certainly appears that the relationship between club and fans has reverted from 'Together-Ness' to being one of 'Them and Us' that existed a long time ago and did no-one any good and another reason why we need a cohesive, coherent and effective supporters group like CJT V2.0  

Have long beaten the drum about opening the west to standing, you could meet your mates every week, discuss the game and get an atmosphere going also for someone with athritic joints standing at a barrier is much more enjoyable than sitting.

In a game v Celtic in the SC, (the game where they kicked our entire midfield off the park and we lost 2-1 McSwegan came on to play midfield!!) we were standing at the back of the open southern end of the main stand, a policeman came up to us and told us to sit down even though no one's view was being obstructed, when we pointed to the Celtic support and asked "what about them" the answer was "they will be sitting down in a minute" still not sure whether the Police/Stewards are too scared to ask the Celtic support to sit or whether there are different rules for different clubs. Frankly, were the club to ban me for something so petty I wouldn't be back. (I qualify this by saying I have no intention to block any other supporters view or enjoyment of the game) in my experience people automatically stand up when a scoring opportunity presents itself.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1