Scotty

17 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Polworth is the second best player we have ever produced through our own youth system and although, like much of the team, his form has dipped on occasion this season, he is always fully committed and the team tends to do much better with him than without him.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but I really don't understand the abuse that Liam gets from the stands and, far too often, on this forum.

sorry but i would give my second place to Grant Munro. He had a far better attitude and matured far quicker. 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

sorry but i would give my second place to Grant Munro. He had a far better attitude and matured far quicker. 

I think I would agree with caleyboy here (assuming that the likes of Christie Senior or Kevin MacDonald are to be considered as from a separate, pre-ICT era?)

Just because a player has played an important part in the progress and successes of ICTFC since 1994 does not necessarily mean they would rank among our most talented players.  Charlie Christie is probably a prime example of that.  A good player for the level we were at during his time, but there are many who have played for us at a higher level who would be considered "better" players, IMO.

9 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

His new club, ACS Sepsi, don't seem to agree. He hardly gets a game, even as sub. unless he has a long term injury, of course.

Does Polworth play for them as well?

17 minutes ago, forresjags said:

What about Graeme Shinnie , granted he joined us at 17 but came through the youth set up before going out on loan at Forres.  He has to be one of the best we developed .

I wasn't including shinnie but obviously he would be our best if he was to be classed an ICT Youth. 

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Liam Polworth is 23 years old and has already played something like 3 or 4 times the number of games that Munro had played at the same age and at a higher level as well.

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Just because a player has played an important part in the progress and successes of ICTFC since 1994 does not necessarily mean they would rank among our most talented players.  Charlie Christie is probably a prime example of that.  A good player for the level we were at during his time, but there are many who have played for us at a higher level who would be considered "better" players, IMO.

C'mon guys, don't let facts get in the way of some good old Polly bashing :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Facepalm 1

The most obvious answer is that Grant Munro is the best we have produced he managed to continually improve and make through the leagues and at different levels, then go onto captain our club he would go down as one of if not our best centre half we have ever had and lets not forget that goal he got against celtic in his last season, I think Harry Kane would be claiming that if he could.  Captain, leader and decorated champion.

Next would be Nick Ross just due to his overall work rate and contribution he made to the team through-out his time playing for the club not to mention THAT goal against Hearts he has to be number two.

Christie would be next and probably had he stayed with us longer he could be the best however he left us after not very long in the first team.

Lastly would be polworth, I mean if he left tomorrow would anyone really care, work rate questionable, attitude questionable, good at dead balls sometimes not exactly a player people could say has done much to make fans remember him either apart from his countless complaints at his teammates for messing up or time after time losing the ball and just standing there watching it instead of getting it back.

• Disagree 5
  • Funny 1

I would like to heavily disagree that Munro is better than Christie. Ross, aswell neat and tidy squad player. Has failed to break into any first team thus far. Polly still has some way to go but I like his directness. Back on topic, Doran and Liam found lots of space between dumartons defence and midfield with Vigurs picking them out for fun. 

1 hour ago, caleydawson said:

Lastly would be polworth, I mean if he left tomorrow would anyone really care, work rate questionable, attitude questionable, good at dead balls sometimes not exactly a player people could say has done much to make fans remember him either apart from his countless complaints at his teammates for messing up or time after time losing the ball and just standing there watching it instead of getting it back.

Not a fan then?

Liam Polworth tops the assist charts by 5 goals this season. Could he do more at times? Of course but so could this entire team. Has he found form just at the right time? Absolutely lets just all hope it's not to little to late.

1 Liam Polworth Inverness Caledonian Thistle 13
2 Ian McShane St Mirren 8
  Lyndon Dykes Queen of the South 8
4 Ryan Williamson Dunfermline Athletic 7
  Joshua Mullin Livingston 7
6 Raffaele De Vita Livingston 6
  Kallum Higginbotham Dunfermline Athletic 6
  Stephen Dobbie Queen of the South 6
9 Lewis Morgan St Mirren 5
10 Billy King Dundee United 4
  Fraser Aird Dunfermline Athletic 4
  Craig Sibbald Falkirk 4
  Cameron Smith St Mirren 4
  Iain Vigurs Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Sean127 said:

Liam Polworth tops the assist charts by 5 goals this season. Could he do more at times? Of course but so could this entire team. Has he found form just at the right time? Absolutely lets just all hope it's not to little to late.

1 Liam Polworth Inverness Caledonian Thistle 13
2 Ian McShane St Mirren 8
  Lyndon Dykes Queen of the South 8
4 Ryan Williamson Dunfermline Athletic 7
  Joshua Mullin Livingston 7
6 Raffaele De Vita Livingston 6
  Kallum Higginbotham Dunfermline Athletic 6
  Stephen Dobbie Queen of the South 6
9 Lewis Morgan St Mirren 5
10 Billy King Dundee United 4
  Fraser Aird Dunfermline Athletic 4
  Craig Sibbald Falkirk 4
  Cameron Smith St Mirren 4
  Iain Vigurs Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4

I don't agree with the public criticism that Polly gets, but can we please stop with the "hitting form at the right time" bahollicks....in reference to any player/team.  The right time for a team to hit form is day one, if we'd done that then we would be in St Mirren's shoes right now.  The idea that we've somehow been gearing up for a late push and it's all coming together nicely is, in the words of Stephen Fry, "@rse gravy of the worst kind".

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic

I've just caught up with this after a few days off line.

We need to support Polly. He has great vision and energy, and can pick out great moves and passes.

Of course, some don't come off, but that's not always down to him, and those that do are evidenced in his assist stats.

I suspect we will lose him in the summer, but I really hope he stays and aids our promotion push next year.

I think the same about Vigurs. Yes, some of his touches scare me as they could go wrong, and he needs to get a grip of his temperament, but he is a quality player who we could do with keeping.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 1