Inverness CT -V- Dunfermline

Scotty

9 minutes ago, SMEE said:

We are going to miss out by a cats whisker. An amazing effort tho, given where we were just about 2 months ago

Have to agree - still an amazing run, even if it probably won't be quite enough...bodes well for next season though

• Like 1

Sick and tired of referees directly affecting football results. Soft free kick led to equaliser. Dunfermline is another street-wise central belt team that:

1. foul and get away with it and

2. fall to get the free kick. 

Just feel like there is almost systemic bias against us sometimes.

• Agree 8
  • Facepalm 3

Feeling gutted right now, still a slight chance we can do it. So close today its heartbreaking, you could see at the end what it meant to the players.

Proud of the whole team, lets hope we can keep as many of the squad as possible and finish lasts games in style and make it to the top next season :ictscarf:

Edited by TheCaleyOne
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

So proud of my team and the entertainment they have given us lately.

Gutted for the lads.

I'm not sure that I've ever walked up the road in such quiet before -everyone was so subdued.

I'm not sure that Dumbarton will want to do any favours for us, but it would be fantastic if they did.

Till then I'll choose to keep on believing.

• Agree 2

Absolutely gutted. For them to equalise in the 5th minute of stoppage time is hard to take. Again the officials were very poor. The referee was stopping the flow of the match for soft challenges and for the stand side linesman not to see first Oakley and then Polworth having their shirts nearly pulled off their backs in the penalty box is beyond me, what was he seeing when everyone in our part of the main stand could see it so obviously?. So near and yet so far,  let's hope we can keep the majority of this squad together for next season, and get off to a flyer. I hope that all the Vigures detractors could see that the match was crying out for some composure on the ball in midfield which Vigures would have thrived on.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Ten4 said:

Draw was fair result BUT we should've stepped up as they were there for the taking. Polworth MOM you must be joking! 

Sorry don't agree Dunfermline had 2 extra players than us all game they had the Ref & main stand Linesman playing for them too . Gutted for the guys today as i think thats the best they played all season Cracker of a game but i felt it changed when Austin went off he really was causing them problems all game also there was no way stoppage time was 6 minutes :cry:

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 2

Huge effort from the players today. We were so close to doing it. Let's hope we can keep the majority of this team together and have a right good go at things next season.

I thought Liam Polworth was fully deserving of MOTM. His workrate and desire in the 2nd half especially was outstanding. Also a mention for Nathan Austin for his goal, a brilliantly taken finish. 

• Agree 3
  • Confused 1

I like Daniel Mackay but he was the wrong choice to bring on when Austin came off.  A player with a lot of potential but no experience or power to take on M'Voto who a couple of times just stood in-front of him.  We should've brought Calder on and gone to a 4-2-3-1.  Calder could've slotted into left back as well if we went to five at the back.

• Agree 6

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic