Announcement

CaleyThistle

2 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

All I can do is to reiterate that this now lengthy thread - on the strength of an unsupported, speculative post, with no substantiation whatsoever - began with a claim that an unspecified announcement was allegedly imminent. Very quickly indeed, this has been extrapolated to equally unsubstantiated speculation that this announcement will be about administration.

Now is this a new administration....or the same one that rumour said this was imminent two or three months ago?

Please note that I am NOT saying that administration, or indeed any of the other speculated subjects of this alleged announcement,  is NOT going to happen. (And I will quote that last sentence in the event of any future "I told you so".) All I am saying is that what we have heard makes none of the speculated outcomes more or less likely since it is not accompanied by any evidence.

For instance, a guy in the gym changing rooms has been telling me with total confidence that Dougie McGilvray is on the point of taking the club over. The trouble is that the guy has been telling me this regularly for the last three years or so. If Dougie ever were to do so, then I'm sure my informant will remind me that I heard it from him first..... in a manner similar to some newspapers when a managerial appointment is confirmed - conveniently ignoring the other 19 names they sprayed about that were 100% wrong. This present rumour may - or may not - follow a similar pattern.

On the performance of the current board, I suppose it's inevitable that CaleyD should find so many deficiencies in it, especially compared with the previous one ....... of whose complete infallibility he spent so long advising the world.

You'd be well suited to a position in politics with your whataboutery and inability to deal with the point at hand.

My post was not about whether or not their was any truth in the rumours....it was debunking the claim that they had no substance, by referencing the irrefutable comments from both chairman and manager.

On that basis, there is justification for the fan expectation that the board make some kind of announcement/statement to clarify the situation.  In fact, to quote the club board (as I have done previously).....http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1974-board-statement-14-08-17

"It is clear the lack of regular information updates from the Board continues to fuel speculation and concern amongst some of our supporters and the media."

So they have identified that there is an ongoing issue about their actions (or inactions) in regards to communication fuelling speculation....and they haven't (yet) moved to dispel it.

I've never once claimed the previous board were infallible....find a single instance of me stating that and I will delete my account from CTO and never darken it's door again.

• Agree 2
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

You could look at the pitch and see grass on it!  Then peer underneath and see the Longman Aquifer...

Precisely the kind of interesting and fun aspect that could be included ?

If I recall correctly, didn't the chairman say at the season ticket holders meeting at the start of the season, that they were thinking of relocating the sports bar down to the main stand home turnstiles area? And I think I also recall the chairman stating that the club wanted to improve the whole 'match day' experience for the supporters! Does anyone know what has changed, apart from Lionel Nessi?

5 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Think they fixed the quacking speaker in the East Side of the North stand? 

The one in the middle was quacking on Saturday, someone must have swapped a pair :wink:

• Funny 1

So when is this alleged "announcement" actually going to come?

In fact, what's the most likely next announcement? At this time of year, might it not be about 2018-19 season tickets which must surely be due to go on sale within the next two weeks? Maybe the board will even get Gordy Fyfe's uncle to do the official launch?

Inevitably, this thread's extremely vague, open ended, unsubstantiated OP was going to kick off speculation, and one form in which this quickly emerged was through "The A-word". So let's look at just how that sinister notion was inserted into this thread.

The first to use "The A-word" was Fraz - but only in one of a number of scenarios which were clearly humorous and satirical to the extent that 11 other posts followed in which this idea was not pursued.

And THEN we get the first serious and completely unprompted reference to "The A-word"...."Hypothetically speaking" of course - aye, right. And it comes from that one-time Arch Happy Clapper and Cheerleader In Chief for the former board, CALEY D, who not only makes serious reference to the concept but also tells us "it would come as absolutely no surprise" to him. Well of course it wouldn't, given that those he went to such pains for so long to present as The Infallible Ones have vacated the boardroom, to be succeeded by people with whom he no longer has any working relationship. Speculation... destabilising speculation... about Administration is hence the creation of CALEYD and we now await whether this has any more substance than what the rumour machine told us about it some months ago.

Donald... it's time you came clean about the nature of your agenda. Some years ago you waged a relentless campaign on here against the administration of the time. Then, by means which remain unclear, you suddenly not only took up the said Arch Happy Clapper and Chief Cheerleader roles, you also waged an equally relentless campaign telling us how absolutely wonderful the whole thing had suddenly become. This also created a conflict of interest, making it impossible to tell whether CaleyD was speaking or whether this was the official view of the club. And now, after you made more departures and comebacks than Frank Sinatra, you seem to have had a second holiday to Damascus, which appears to have prompted the dissolution of your relationship with the current board.

And with that, you have reverted to your earlier status of "Caley Thistle BAD". (This may be pure coincidence, of course???)

I therefore think it's time you explained to us the agenda motivating the tone and content of many of your comments - on this forum at least.

• Like 2

Here we go again with the argumentum ad hominem.

Come on Charles, let's have an intelligent discussion where you provide proper information/argument to backup your thoughts, views and opinions; instead of trying to undermine mine with personal attacks and poorly crafted attempts at character assassination!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 2

Charles

Probably better for you to try really hard to  avoid the personal attacks hidden behind the superficiality of lengthy soliloquies emanating from Hamlet. Just disagree with the member and not try to dismember him under the guise of dismembering his past statements. He is not your competition and I thought that hitherto you should be on the same team, eh?

If your attacks, and that's what they come across as,  carry weight you might win the day but winning gracefully trumps maybe being perceived as a tad vicious and uncontrolled. Plus the fact that I often can't comprehend what  your point really is.   It's fact or opinions that we need not a contest of wills and the ability to survive in a hostile world  where the other guy's opinion doesn't matter ......  I think!:sad:

9 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

So when is this alleged "announcement" actually going to come?

In fact, what's the most likely next announcement? At this time of year, might it not be about 2018-19 season tickets which must surely be due to go on sale within the next two weeks? Maybe the board will even get Gordy Fyfe's uncle to do the official launch?

Inevitably, this thread's extremely vague, open ended, unsubstantiated OP was going to kick off speculation, and one form in which this quickly emerged was through "The A-word". So let's look at just how that sinister notion was inserted into this thread.

The first to use "The A-word" was Fraz - but only in one of a number of scenarios which were clearly humorous and satirical to the extent that 11 other posts followed in which this idea was not pursued.

And THEN we get the first serious and completely unprompted reference to "The A-word"...."Hypothetically speaking" of course - aye, right. And it comes from that one-time Arch Happy Clapper and Cheerleader In Chief for the former board, CALEY D, who not only makes serious reference to the concept but also tells us "it would come as absolutely no surprise" to him. Well of course it wouldn't, given that those he went to such pains for so long to present as The Infallible Ones have vacated the boardroom, to be succeeded by people with whom he no longer has any working relationship. Speculation... destabilising speculation... about Administration is hence the creation of CALEYD and we now await whether this has any more substance than what the rumour machine told us about it some months ago.

Donald... it's time you came clean about the nature of your agenda. Some years ago you waged a relentless campaign on here against the administration of the time. Then, by means which remain unclear, you suddenly not only took up the said Arch Happy Clapper and Chief Cheerleader roles, you also waged an equally relentless campaign telling us how absolutely wonderful the whole thing had suddenly become. This also created a conflict of interest, making it impossible to tell whether CaleyD was speaking or whether this was the official view of the club. And now, after you made more departures and comebacks than Frank Sinatra, you seem to have had a second holiday to Damascus, which appears to have prompted the dissolution of your relationship with the current board.

And with that, you have reverted to your earlier status of "Caley Thistle BAD". (This may be pure coincidence, of course???)

I therefore think it's time you explained to us the agenda motivating the tone and content of many of your comments - on this forum at least.

Do us all a favour and take a break from here and also your crap highland news column.

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, ferben1994 said:

Do us all a favour and take a break from here and also your crap highland news column.

You can disagree with content without resorting to personal abuse. Any more and you will be barred from posting on this thread at the very least.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 4

Some of the long-winded posts on here are just a frustration to read - often they have lots of words but no real meaning or content - I think some really do like to try demonstrate or give the impression of intellect through these in a manner that most politicians would be jealous of.

Regarding Administration - yes the big A word. I have no affiliation to Caley D or anyone else but given its been mentioned, it wouldn't be a surprise for the following reasons and most astute fans will see it too

• No longer in the Premiership, so prize monies & revenue are down and going to drop further next season
  • Players on high wages probably outwith any sensible model for the club given its position - OFW, Doran, Warren, Mulraney, Tremarco & possibly Vigurs & Polly - not their fault and perhaps some did take cuts but these are/were Premiership quality players at last contract renewals/awards
  • Paying out wages to ex-employees - for how long did we pay Hughes (12 months?) and we see with Foran he still has 2 years on his deal to run if the 4 years was accurate - if he's not being paid then somewhere a lump sum was found
  • The way previous players were shipped or forced out - Raven, Draper and OFW (although he never left) - any means necessary to cut costs
  • The board have already stated this season we have minimum £400k losses
  • We have ever falling attendances and the previous team form, on pitch product and general lack of engagement is driving fans away
  • The behind the scenes board movements & dealings - what financial costs have these involved with parties

Add all those above together doesn't and wouldn't lead to any surprises of financial troubles if not now, heading there in the near future

• Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

You can disagree with content without resorting to personal abuse. Any more and you will be barred from posting on this thread at the very least.

Bar me all you like. This has to be the absolute tamest  most nanny state moderated football forum I have seen.

If I am to be barred I will make it worth my while and publically state that Charles Bannerman is a complete moron

Adios

• Agree 1
  • Funny 9

13 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

What a superb and hugely appropriate analogy, as we continue to wait for this claimed statement, Scarlet!?

"To be, or not to be? That is the question."?

My own preference - not aimed at anyone in particular, or aimed at everyone, if you like - would be "The rest is silence". :lol:

10 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Here we go again with the argumentum ad hominem.

Come on Charles, let's have an intelligent discussion where you provide proper information/argument to backup your thoughts, views and opinions; instead of trying to undermine mine with personal attacks and poorly crafted attempts at character assassination!

I don't think the importance of providing background and context to comments on here which have of late suddenly transformed from abject sycophancy to outright hostility (and therefore in a sense become ad homines in themselves) can be overestimated. Given their potentially destabilising effect upon the club, the background to such comments urgently needs to be understood.

As for poor Ferben, Mods - PLEASE don't ban him! Just as, according to Margaret Thatcher, "every Prime Minister needs a Willie", similarly "Every Forum Needs A Ferben", simply to remind other users of the coherence and articulacy of their own contributions.

So please don't deprive this Forum of its Willie!!

• Facepalm 2

7 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I don't think the importance of providing background and context to comments on here which have of late suddenly transformed from abject sycophancy to outright hostility (and therefore in a sense become ad homines in themselves) can be overestimated. Given their potentially destabilising effect upon the club, the background to such comments urgently needs to be understood.

As for poor Ferben, Mods - PLEASE don't ban him! Just as, according to Margaret Thatcher, "every Prime Minister needs a Willie", similarly "Every Forum Needs A Ferben", simply to remind other users of the coherence and articulacy of their own contributions.

So please don't deprive this Forum of its Willie!!

I'll take that as a no to the suggestion of an intelligent discussion ?

World exclusive.....

The announcement is to be regarding the food outlets. The Bovril will be properly stirred next season to prevent being left with a globule of it at the bottom of the container when you finish your drink. Personally, I am delighted with this and couldn't have asked for more!! 

It did go through my mind that perhaps this announcement is in regards to a new signing.  With us announcing Rooney and probably soon Beith, could it be someone else coming in that would send fans into hysterics.  Someone on another thread mentioned Goodwillie and if he were to sign, I for one would not be pleased if someone as unsavory as him was to sign for us.  

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Caman said:

Yep, Goodwillie is not the kind of person we want. Also, he's fat and c**p. Lastly, he played for them over you know what. 

Yeah, the fact he played for Ross County (as have Ridgers, Vigurs and plenty others through the years), really is the worst thing about him...:rolleyes:

Interesting that the club have, or will soon have, registered two new players this early on.  Very good that they are keen to register new players before the start of next season or indeed the end of this one, especially when finances were adjudged to be a sticking point.  Two new registrations and maybe more to follow?

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Glover said:

Interesting that the club have, or will soon have, registered two new players this early on.  Very good that they are keen to register new players before the start of next season or indeed the end of this one, especially when finances were adjudged to be a sticking point.  Two new registrations and maybe more to follow?

Please desist from the positivity or add comments to another thread. Can somebody announce that Announcement has gone to General Nonsense ?

As for the Kinks - at least CB cant be regarded as "A Well Respected Man". I would have said "Apeman" but I may be threatened with banishment.

• Funny 2