Announcement

CaleyThistle

Now that's a "Black bear" not a grizzly and could be a cub......well as far as I can judge  with him being seated.. But cute though.

Grizzlies are huge;   ten feet tall etc.  And don't think running away from them will save you because  they  are very fast on their feet.  So just keep your distance and enjoy watching them.

And the caption might have read " Bored waiting for the Announcement like." :smile:

On 25/04/2018 at 1:38 PM, Caman said:

World exclusive.....

The announcement is to be regarding the food outlets. The Bovril will be properly stirred next season to prevent being left with a globule of it at the bottom of the container when you finish your drink. Personally, I am delighted with this and couldn't have asked for more!! 

This made me laugh as twice this season i have bought crisps from the food outlet at Main Stand and on both occasions they were out of date :amazed:

20 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Please desist from the positivity or add comments to another thread. Can somebody announce that Announcement has gone to General Nonsense ?

As for the Kinks - at least CB cant be regarded as "A Well Respected Man". I would have said "Apeman" but I may be threatened with banishment.

Nor a "dedicated follower of fashion" :smile:

• Funny 2

Time to stop this baseless scaremongering and concentrate on preparing for a real promotion push next season.

It won't be easy on a further reduced budget but that is inevitable with the halving of the parachute payment.

We have the basis of a coherent squad, we have confidence and momentum from the last eight games of this season and we have a full pre season without the upheaval of last year to prepare.

The one thing we are missing is unity with many bearing grievances for various reasons. TogetherNess has served us well in the past. We need to put those divisions aside and for everyone interested in the club to get fully behind it with a view to bringing top flight football back to the Longman the season after next.

• Agree 3

On 22/04/2018 at 2:52 PM, CaleyThistle said:

I hear there is going to be an announcement next week. Does anybody have idea what it's to do with?

We now have five pages of speculation since last Sunday, based solely - as far as I know - on the posting above.

The world is crying out for such creativity :lol:

• Funny 2

19 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Time to stop this baseless scaremongering and concentrate on preparing for a real promotion push next season.

It won't be easy on a further reduced budget but that is inevitable with the halving of the parachute payment.

We have the basis of a coherent squad, we have confidence and momentum from the last eight games of this season and we have a full pre season without the upheaval of last year to prepare.

The one thing we are missing is unity with many bearing grievances for various reasons. TogetherNess has served us well in the past. We need to put those divisions aside and for everyone interested in the club to get fully behind it with a view to bringing top flight football back to the Longman the season after next.

Agreed. Look where St Mirren and Livingston were 12 months ago. 

Cut the crap and negativity. Lets end the season with 3 points tomorrow no matter what happens at Dunfermline. 

:ictscarf:

49 minutes ago, Caman said:

Agreed. Look where St Mirren and Livingston were 12 months ago. 

This is an excellent point.  People are saying that we can't compete due to finances or crowds - Livingston have an average crowd of 1000 less than us, they have finished second in the league with a team made up of, not to be unkind, youth players and cast-offs.  

St Mirren have won the league by miles, clearly the best team in the division.  This comes off the back of some absolutely horrible seasons, with some parallels to our own fall.  They won a cup but didn't build on it and appointed a shocking manager leading to them being relegated.  Last season they had an utter disaster, they were 10th for practically the entire season, didn't win a game until December, only won two games in the first two thirds of the season.  They went on a great run and built on that.

If we recruit sensibly and retain some of our best players then we can challenge next season - properly challenge rather than the late scramble we've had this season.

• Agree 7
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ictchris said:

This is an excellent point.  People are saying that we can't compete due to finances or crowds - Livingston have an average crowd of 1000 less than us, they have finished second in the league with a team made up of, not to be unkind, youth players and cast-offs.  

St Mirren have won the league by miles, clearly the best team in the division.  This comes off the back of some absolutely horrible seasons, with some parallels to our own fall.  They won a cup but didn't build on it and appointed a shocking manager leading to them being relegated.  Last season they had an utter disaster, they were 10th for practically the entire season, didn't win a game until December, only won two games in the first two thirds of the season.  They went on a great run and built on that.

If we recruit sensibly and retain some of our best players then we can challenge next season - properly challenge rather than the late scramble we've had this season.

Exactly!

On 25/04/2018 at 11:13 AM, Charles Bannerman said:

As for poor Ferben, Mods - PLEASE don't ban him! Just as, according to Margaret Thatcher, "every Prime Minister needs a Willie", similarly "Every Forum Needs A Ferben", simply to remind other users of the coherence and articulacy of their own contributions.

So please don't deprive this Forum of its Willie!!

We're well covered for Willies on this Forum. Between you and your adversery, i'd say we already have a couple of complete roasters.

• Funny 4