Fans Player of the Year Vote

old caley girl

Wondered what the views are of the lack of availability of voting slips for this yesterday? 

Ive spoken to mainstanders as well and it appears no voting areas were available in either stand. This means that only those who attended sports bar or hospitality yesterday got a vote by the looks of it  

Surely if the club lacked bodies to run this widely they could have asked for volunteers? I for one would have been more than happy to help pull this together to ensure as many fans as possible got a say. There was a pop up shop in the north stand as well which seems a missed opportunity to have a box and slips? Is no one in authority at the club fan focused anymore? 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Wondered what the views are of the lack of availability of voting slips for this yesterday? 

Ive spoken to mainstanders as well and it appears no voting areas were available in either stand. This means that only those who attended sports bar or hospitality yesterday got a vote by the looks of it  

Surely if the club lacked bodies to run this widely they could have asked for volunteers? I for one would have been more than happy to help pull this together to ensure as many fans as possible got a say. There was a pop up shop in the north stand as well which seems a missed opportunity to have a box and slips? Is no one in authority at the club fan focused anymore? 

I wondered about this myself.  I've no idea who was organising it but I would willingly have helped as well.  I stayed for the presentations only because someone else asked if I was. I was unaware it was happening.  Maybe there was an announcement over the PA system but I can rarely make out a word of what is being said.  So many simple things about communication within this club that are just shockingly bad.

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Did the same thing not happen last season and possibly the one before?  There's been nothing in the North Stand for about three years.

Not true as I helped put boxes out in those areas the last few seasons.

• Agree 2

I recollect one in the Main Stand food bit when Raven won it but I don't recollect any in the North Stand.  Had they been there, I'd have voted.

Edited by Renegade

We thought this as we were sitting in the main stand yesterday. I said to my son that this is the last home game, and we usually vote, but there was no info, and then they were announcing  there would be presentations after the game! Who was voting??? Very poor communication from the club, especially when the board said there was going to be better communication. If we can't get the small things right, what hope have we got for bigger things?

• Agree 2

Absolutely woeful attempt at organising end of season presentation. Cringed in embarrassment for the players who came back out in front of maybe 100 fans who bothered to stay.

Only the Chairman spoke but actually said nothing of consequence while no words from the manager , club captain or any of the guys who won the awards. Bizarrely last year was more upbeat. Appreciate the goal in the 96 minute sucked the life out of any celebrations but that was woeful.

As for the voting slips they were around the main stand bar area but you had to hunt for them amongst the empty napkins , used tea bags and empty beer glasses.  Terrible attempt by someone just going through the motions who has been given the gig of organising the supporters player of the year. 

• Agree 5

22 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Absolutely woeful attempt at organising end of season presentation. Cringed in embarrassment for the players who came back out in front of maybe 100 fans who bothered to stay.

I did make out something about a presentation over the garbled tannoy and I do feel bad for the players but I couldn't bring myself to stay. I was an utterly seething mess. 

48 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Only the Chairman spoke but actually said nothing of consequence while no words from the manager , club captain or any of the guys who won the awards. Bizarrely last year was more upbeat. Appreciate the goal in the 96 minute sucked the life out of any celebrations but that was woeful.

As for the voting slips they were around the main stand bar area but you had to hunt for them amongst the empty napkins , used tea bags and empty beer glasses.  Terrible attempt by someone just going through the motions who has been given the gig of organising the supporters player of the year. 

It was a bit of a minter of a "lap" of the stadium really. Don't blame the players for being bummed out given how things had gone in the game but completely agree that it was a shame so many fans just bailed and left. No wonder they seemed totally unenthused by the whole thing.

• Sad 1

Just now, RiG said:

It was a bit of a minter of a "lap" of the stadium really. Don't blame the players for being bummed out given how things had gone in the game but completely agree that it was a shame so many fans just bailed and left. No wonder they seemed totally unenthused by the whole thing.

Another problem with organisation though? Not enough communication of what was happening. More than a tannoy announcement needed really. Also could they not communicate in advance with the folk running buses such as the social club? Then folk could stay? 

Im ashamed to say I ran for the Social Club bus as it was nearer to alcohol to try and soothe the pain of that gutting end to the match. Im going to Morton on Sat so will show my respect to the players then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RiG said:

When the club don't bother to give us supporters a chance to vote for our players of the year why should we stay behind to watch the presentation? It's just a feckin shambles!

• Agree 1

I will be doing the calculations for our player of the year voting over the next couple of days. You have all voted for it over the last year and the voting slips were readily available :)

If there is a clear winner we will announce who it is ... if still up in the air we will post the permutations for the last couple of games. Once we know who it is @CaleyD will be tasked with sorting out a presentation at some point. 

• Like 1

Why could they not print a voting page in the season ticket book, and when it gets to the last home game of the season you fill in your choice and hand it in, you could do the same with walk up tickets that are bought for last home game. That way, every supporter who enters the stadium gets one vote to select their player of the year, and not just the folk in hospitality. The club really need to know how shabby this whole thing looks. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 4/22/2018 at 9:56 PM, Scotty said:

I will be doing the calculations for our player of the year voting over the next couple of days. You have all voted for it over the last year and the voting slips were readily available :)

If there is a clear winner we will announce who it is ... if still up in the air we will post the permutations for the last couple of games. Once we know who it is @CaleyD will be tasked with sorting out a presentation at some point. 

It was close but there IS a clear winner .... so I will announce it before tonight's game. 

• Like 2