Livingston -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

8 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Breathtaking finish to the season. Just imagine if we win the last match handily?

Why.  IHE may just be willing to place a bet on us  to get promoted? :crazy:

We could well win the last match handily but what's important now is for Dumbarton to win in Fife, handily or otherwise. Oddly, because it's now out of our hands, there will be more pressure on Dunfermline that on us, especially as they are at home. Pressure can do strange things even to in form teams.

Major monetary injection needed then to salvage this club and promote a resurgence of past glories. Right?

So maybe  at this point in time we should invite Blair to comment  upon his ambitions and intentions re bolstering the strength of the club. Since by now he will, no doubt,  have  generated some definite  scenarios in his mind as to the advantages of supporting the club financially. And with what actual goals in mind ?

Remember Guys, "the tide, if taken at the flood , leads on to greatness" . It's now or never to take the plunge. The risk may be high but  with the right investment accompanied by energetic support in other ways this energy could work wonders for this club. The players have shown their passion and energy and they will continue to do so if a resurgence of support occurs. Continue to inject positive energy into this club and the sky may be the limit. ESPECIALLY if we win our last league match of this season.

We have a good Manager now so we have to try to support him. And then figure out what the crowds in Inverness actually want? Find it , work on it, ,try things and  see what  happens.  Could be a real challenge I guess. But nothing ventured , nothing gained. The Yanks know how to get the enthusiasm to fever pitch and, yes they DO use Dancing Girls, pulsating marching bands and a lot of "Hoo-Ra".   to get the blood going. And it works and the coffers fill up with spondoolacks . so ....?

If you don't want that then what do YOU think the crowds will respond to?  Certainly NOT water-logged pitches and frequent postponements, cluttered fixture lists etc. etc.

Or of course the complete opposite:- wring our hands and  do very little?

• Agree 2

Whatever the result on Saturday, for the lads to keep this alive until the last game is nothing short of miraculous, given where we were in the depths of the winter. Short on confidence, inconsistent and with poor discipline, it looked like the only play-offs in view were for league 1.

So while there's a chance, there's a chance. Dunfermline could not deal with the pressure and make a frolicks of it - who knows! In the meantime, we should be thankful that our season has been kept interesting to the end.:clapoverhead:

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

8 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

Whatever the result on Saturday, for the lads to keep this alive until the last game is nothing short of miraculous, given where we were in the depths of the winter. Short on confidence, inconsistent and with poor discipline, it looked like the only play-offs in view were for league 1.

So while there's a chance, there's a chance. Dunfermline could not deal with the pressure and make a frolicks of it - who knows! In the meantime, we should be thankful that our season has been kept interesting to the end.:clapoverhead:

Couldn't have said it better, 100% agree with that.

14 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

This. Who’d have thought that the last game of the season would have a positive meaning (even if it is a slim chance) even a month ago?

9 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

We could well win the last match handily but what's important now is for Dumbarton to win in Fife, handily or otherwise. Oddly, because it's now out of our hands, there will be more pressure on Dunfermline that on us, especially as they are at home. Pressure can do strange things even to in form teams.

It’s 140 miles away, but if you listen carefully you can hear all those squeaky bums in Dunfermline. 

• Funny 6

15 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Yaaaasss wer defo finishing the season on a high we outplayed the pars at the wkend now this looking good for nxt season hopefully keep our main men and add a few low budget rough diamonds ! 

Emmm, we drew 2-2. ????

No way would this would have happened a few months ago. Back then they were a bunch of haphazard strangers who had me sighing every few seconds at matches. In fairness to Robbo and co, plus the players themselves, they have become a team with a magnificent spirit and full of heart and pride. Magnificent they have kept this going to the last game of the season. Well done to one and all. Plus us fans who have stuck by them, doing just that. :ictscarf:

PS - Would it not be so sweet to jump into 4th place and ram that down Kallum Higginbotham's throat!!

Edited by Guest

• tm4tj unpinned this topic

So what has been the catalyst to meld these different players into a real , forward-looking team?

My feelings are that it was....wait for it............

Why, The presence of John Robertson , of course.

And now I know why my parents made me wear the Robertson tartan in my kilt when I w as a wee lad and not the MacBean tartan which was the family  clan on my mother's side..       :wave: