Special General Meeting - Rescheduled date

Well I finally got it in - albeit 2 hours and 3 minutes late !! Perhaps that may debar me ??

Not sure what role I can provide from afar but at least I felt that I had to make the offer.

So who else has applied ??  Or are we into confidentiality and political correctness ?

I did not submit a nomination as I dont know what I could do from even further afield, or even if I am still a member or not ... did have a card once, dont think I ever renewed it after a couple of years, but cannot find it to try and verify the info. Will take another look.

Regardless, I do however leave my offer on the table to assist - through CTO - in any way I can ... whoever gets elected can let me know what they need, and if I can help, I will.  

Thank you to those of you who submitted nominations.  All the forms were collected from the stadium at noon today and have been forwarded to the Election Management Committee for verification.  An announcement will be made as soon as we receive their confirmation.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, CaleyD said:

It's debatable whether enough time was provided for submissions in the first place, so I would hope it isn't rejected.

Now I would agree that rules are rules and deadlines are deadlines but I feel that CJT have "boobed" yet again. Just received the following e-mail - "The EMC have reviewed all nominations and there are 3 late submissions. There will be space to co opt others so the late submissions will be given to the new board who will consider the options".

Personally I am not overly bothered as I applied to show support and offer assistance from afar - so I can wait. But I NEVER received ANY correspondence from CJT and the first that I knew of the application form and the very, very short deadline was Caley D's post. But it is sad that the two others cant just be considered from the off.

Please check your junk mail folder. We have double checked and an email was sent and not returned.

Your application will be considered along with the other two very shortly.

Thanks for your support though

It was entirely within the EMG's remit to have accepted those late submissions and if, as suggested, there was sufficient space for them to have been accepted without taking number over the board maximum, then I don't see the problem....but it is equally their right to reject them.  I just hope they were fully aware of the options.

Laura, it is not for you or the EMG to state whether those nominations will or won't be consider for co-option by the new board...and the new board are under no obligation to even look at them.

Anyway, on to Tuesday's meeting, which would now appear to be one of affirmation voting as opposed to an election.

• Confused 1

Statement from Alan Russell, Supporters Direct and Independent chair of the Election Management Group

6 nominations were received, all nominees meet the eligibility criteria and have been suitably nominated/proposed/seconded, and now form the board of CJT – which now meets the requirements laid out in your rules

· These board members will serve for a period of three years, or longer should they stand for re-election in future

· 3 late nominations were received, these will be reviewed at the first meeting of the new board, and if those individuals meet the eligibility criteria and possess skills/abilities complementary to the board, could be co-opted onto the board

· A priority for the new board will be to review the membership process, and resolve the issues which led to dissatisfaction from some members in recent months

· Nominations will be sought at each AGM to continually refresh the board, with existing board members standing down by rotation (and hopefully seeking re-election!

The six newly elected members are:

Don Johnstone

Peter Mutton

Stewart Murdoch

Kath Fraser

Ewen MacRae

Laura Grant

As a result of this, there will be no need for the election meeting scheduled for this coming Tuesday.  Instead the new Board will hold a Board meeting at which the 3 late nominations will be discussed.  A statement from the Board will be issued following that meeting.

• Like 1

Good luck to the new board. I look forward to hearing of the progress made and more importantly to hearing that they are all committed to working together to promote the interests of all supporters of our club. I also look forward to hearing that the three late nominations - subject to being deemed valid -  are co-opted onto the board at the next meeting.  The more the merrier.

I also re-iterate CTO's offer to help in any way we can .... At least 5 of those 6 are or have been active members of the site so just holler ..... 

• Like 2

• L_G unpinned and unfeatured this topic