Well, another season in the Championship then...to be honest, if someone had told me we'd still have a chance of making the playoffs a few months ago, I would have assumed it was the relegation playoffs!

This is what we probably all expected - us to do the job but lose out to Dunfermline...bit like last season but in reverse..

I'm not too downhearted though...if we can carry on this form & keep most of the team together, we should have a realistic chance of promotion next season...hopefully as champions! Look at St Mirren & think where they were a year or so ago..

All credit to the team for the excellent run we've been on lately, the damage was done long ago at the start of the season...I'd like to think we will start stronger next time around

Edited by jingsmonty
Typos in post
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Facepalm 1

We could try this challenge (define emergency)regarding Ralston's 'emergency' loan to Dundee United  -

Well done to Robbo and the team for a great run in : just ran out of matches as I suspected would be the case (I know about last week but we should have been comfortably in the play offs long before then).

Hope most of team are retained with the addition of a couple of new faces and we can carry on where we left off in August(?).

Really enjoyed the cup win : great to experience that winning feeling again. Here's to another trophy in a year's time!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

The negative; that we no longer have a chance of promotion but we knew that, in our heart of hearts, at five to five last Saturday.

The positives; despite our poor financial position and despite what the scaremongers and agitators are trying to imply, we are not entering administration any time soon.

We have a manager who was clearly rusty after more than a decade away from the game but who now seems to have rediscovered his mojo.

We have a squad of players who, after disastrous start to the season and a mediocre middle, have now gelled and have built up considerable confidence and momentum to carry into next season

We have, at last, not just one but two forwards capable of scoring with a third young striker full of potential waiting in the wings.

We also have the advantage of, as early as April, knowing exactly where we will be next season and with what budget so have months to prepare accordingly and, by the looks of things, already are.

All in all much to look forward to and feel positive about next season, including the increasing likelihood of derby matches. I, for one, can hardly wait.

• Like 2
  • Agree 11

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic