A brave attempt. Strengthen in the summer and get off to a flyer next season and see where it takes us. Remember what an absolute mess ICTFC were in only 36 games ago. Special credit goes to Robbo. He came into a toxic club, with barely a team to talk of. He took a shedload of flak from many fans, then turns things around dramatically, with a Cup Win and  narrowly missing out on PLay Offs.

Edited by SMEE
  • Like 1
  • Agree 11

Well done all at ICT. Who would have thought we would be where we are today in January.  Immensely proud of our club, players and Management team. We will be back with a stronger start to next season. Watch out County, United and the rest.

• Like 1

So near yet so far. We never believed we could win eight on the spin, but we came so close to doing so.

No play offs, but in the last two months, we have been the form team, so hopefully we push on and start the new season well.

Hopefully we know who are staying and who are going soon, so any gaps can be plugged. The strategy seems rightly be to look for young, hopefully up and coming players. A few more like Donaldson and Austin will do nicely.

A worry about midfield if we lose Vigurs and / or Polly, but Trafford has done well recently and I think there is more to come from Chalmers and Calder has been positive when playing wide midfield. I don't know much about Rooney or Blair, but hopefully they will be useful additions.

Realistically we are not ready to go up, much as I would have loved us to, so perhaps signing off on a 12 game unbeaten run is the best outcome.

Well done to Robbo for turning things round, and delivering most of what he promised, and well done to the players, particularly with the cup win and the recent run.

Roll on the Betfred Cup and the first league game on 4 August. We may even have derbies to look forward to.....

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

Agree with all the comments above. Well done for an excellent team display. They certainly did their part convincingly today and it could have easily been a bigger score.

Also a massive shout out to our fans today especially the singing section who sang and drummed enthusiastically throughout and afterwards ... long after it was known how the Dunfermline game was progressing. We've a great range of songs now ... it's moved on a bit from the "give me a c" days. :lol::cheer01:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

A whopping 12 match unbeaten run to end the season, what a cracking achievement for any team let alone from the position we found ourselves in after such a dreadful start to the season! Huge thanks and respect to the whole squad for the work and effort that must have gone into that. The thanks and respect are echoed for Robbo and the coaching staff for turning our season around. Tremendous performance from everyone that has lifted the spirits of us all. :notworthy: :clapoverhead: :ictscarf:

• Agree 3

RiG's bang on with that reply. Robbo and the players deserved a show of appreciation for the effort and that's what we gave them. No celebrations, just a big loud display of support. 

I know Morton weren't really playing, but we were just brimming with confidence throughout the team, pounding them for the first half hour and playing some great football at times. Seedorf, Chalmers, Oakley, Trafford and McKay are all players i've had my doubts about at times this season, but they all had excellent games which tells us how well the team is working as a unit. 

This run might not have seen us into the play-offs, but it allows us to go into next season with a positive feeling, something that seemed unimaginable just 5 weeks ago. 

• Agree 5

All of the above posts are positive. And so is the energy.

John Robertson must be really chuffed to bits with the development , commitment and desire of HIS team. And a passionate thanks and long clapping for him  and his constantly positive outlook throughout the season.

What a way to end the season and so many emphatic wins to boot. This must be a harbinger of things to come.

Roll on next season and a brilliant series of wins  to start the campaign for promotion back where we belong---the Premier League.

:clapoverhead:

37 minutes ago, DWH said:

To summarise, as a team over the last couple of months we've regained a lot of pride.

Very much looking forward to next season.

Exactly. :ictscarf:

Well, an absolutely incredible run to finish the season that nobody could have predicted considering our early season form. 

The cup win seems to have instilled a belief and confidence in the team that was lacking early on? That and a huge improvement in discipline beginning around the same time (especially Vigurs!)

If we can somehow keep this squad together things could be looking up for next season. 

Thanks Inverness C Thistle it's been a rollercoaster as usual but what would we do without you?

:ictscarf:

• Agree 4

My brother was up on holiday and took in the last couple of home matches, and couldn't believe it was the same team he saw at the start of the season as they had improved in all departments so much. All we needed was one draw to be a win and we would have made the playoffs, we were certainly the form team in the latter stages of the season. We might lose one or two players from the current crop, although I hope we don't, but I think Robbo knows the way he wants the team to play, and will recruit well for next term. It was one of the strangest seasons I have seen for many a year. I hated most of the early matches, and then my everlasting memory is Tuesday night games, in the freezing rain, it made me long for summer football. Now, I cannot wait for the new season to begin! Am I a glutton for punishment? Such is the life of a football fan.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

My brother was up on holiday and took in the last couple of home matches, and couldn't believe it was the same team he saw at the start of the season as they had improved in all departments so much. All we needed was one draw to be a win and we would have made the playoffs, we were certainly the form team in the latter stages of the season. We might lose one or two players from the current crop, although I hope we don't, but I think Robbo knows the way he wants the team to play, and will recruit well for next term. It was one of the strangest seasons I have seen for many a year. I hated most of the early matches, and then my everlasting memory is Tuesday night games, in the freezing rain, it made me long for summer football. Now, I cannot wait for the new season to begin! Am I a glutton for punishment? Such is the life of a football fan.

Great result yesterday....we did what we needed to do just in case the Pars slipped up, that's professional

I can't wait for next season ... Falkirk away is on the bucket list, (and maybe Ross county away?!?)

• Agree 1

Nothing to add really.  Start of the season, going to the game and dragging the wee man along was brutal. Now it has been as it should be, looking forward to the next game, checking the phone every 2 mins on away scores and most definitely looking forward to next season with a great core squad who we need to hold and build on. Chapeau Robbo, his back room team and the Players - you’ve shown determination and grit to turn things around.  So maybe a bit to add......??

A3D94F71-F57E-4316-84F0-25ED22F0939F.gif

11 hours ago, Caley Stan said:

This run might not have seen us into the play-offs, but it allows us to go into next season with a positive feeling, something that seemed unimaginable just 5 weeks ago. 

I think this is massively important for the club. A bit of positivity on the pitch for the first time in what seems like an age. We will likely lose some players of quality over the summer as well as trimming some excess "fat" but hopefully Robbo has a bit more time to identify folk that can come in and bolster the relatively sound core squad we have and the players we already have will hopefully be strengthened by a season of football and playing together as well. I don't think we'll win the title next season (shock pessimistic prediction there!) but I do think we will mount a strong charge for the playoffs. 

Morton had clearly downed tools yesterday but you can only beat what's put in front of you and we did that easily. A good performance all round really and a healthy away support as well that gave excellent backing throughout the game.

Huge credit to the players, Robbo and the backroom staff for what they've all achieved, particularly over the past two months. It's been a hugely exciting ride at times but augers very well for the 2018/2019 season. Good luck to the team - the only way is up from now on ! 

:ictscarf:

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic