Caley thistle Board

Blair

22 minutes ago, Blair said:

Hello Caley thistle board my Indian friend Vikas made me software to make all my sites GDPR compliant would you like me to give you free access to this?

Why stick this on here and not just contact the club direct? :amazed:

I have contacted the past and present directors and chairperson of this club at least 5 of them with all of them refusing to speak so far for why I put it here if they don't want my software no problem.

No  I have a lot of programmer friends put simply I do some programming myself or other jobs but I have friends or workers who do others things for me he's doing a email system for  I will not bore you to much with the full dealing of the system but it's really cool system all together. 

With all due respect, I would be extremely wary of a random third party software for this purpose too .....  even if it did turn out to be legit. 

However, this is an important topic and one we have to comply with too. I have been using ICO.org.uk and the forums of our software providers as our main sources of information and although it is not completely clear how (or if) BREXIT will affect this, there is nearly a full year between the date that this should be in place and the potential BREXIT date in 2019 so its not something to avoid. Its also a pretty decent idea anyway as there should be safeguards and rules on how you handle people's data. 

Specific to this site - We do not do anything with your data other than try to enhance your experience on the site. We dont sell it, give it away or otherwise provide it to anyone, but I will look to post something in the blogs in the next week or so about this so people can read about it if interested or concerned.

If you want to read about it now, here's a few insomnia cures ! The first three from ICO, the last from our software providers. 

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/lawful-basis-for-processing/consent/

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/how-invision-communitys-tools-can-help-with-gdpr-compliance-r1052/

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, givmeaccccc said:

GDPR. There is no time to waste for organisations to be ready as it is introduced on May 25 this year 2018. As far as I can gather it has nothing to do with the Brexit date in 2019.

You are right. My comment about Brexit was because I had seen a few forums and other sites saying they did not need to comply as it was a European law and Brexit would nullify it. They are wrong on both fronts. its introduced this month as you note and thats a year before Brexit. It also seems that this is one of the European laws that will be enshrined in British law once Brexit has happened so burying heads in the sand is pointless.

It has been a bit of a minefield to get all the right details and clarity on our legal responsibilities, especially as I live in Canada, have citizenship of both UK and Canada, and our servers are in the USA, with us also utilising Cloudflare for additional security and to serve pages to users more quickly in their locations .....  so to make things easy we are going to tweak things so we are compliant as our main audience is in Europe and we have no issue with trying to treat our user's data with integrity. We are very close to compliant based on the checks I have done and should only need to tweak a few settings to make sure we are not enabling certain defaults, giving the choice back to users. We then have to re-work our terms, privacy and cookie policy and information documents.