Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

Finances aside, at least Robbo will have a full close season to add to the squad, as opposed to the farcical situation last summer....and a much more settled squad to boot.

Not sure he needs to add too much - more important to try & retain the decent players we have already, also pruning the squad of bit part players.

A good start has been made already with this...

Yup. I would also like those teams. A proper freshen up of the league. 4 news team from 10 would be nice. Can't see it though. I reckon Dumbarton will oust alloa and whoever is in the premiership will win the playoff. Leaving us with only county and Ayr as our new teams in the league. Hope I'm wrong

3 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Agreed. Beating East Fife, Stranraer and getting to the last 16 of the Scottish Cup is pretty horrendous. 

agreed but you need to look deeper than that. just ask the players!

File this one under ridiculous but whilst I was up in Aberdeen over the weekend I was speaking to some Dons fans and they were saying that Tansey really hasn't settled well in Aberdeen at all and he will be looking to move on come the summer. Maybe a loan option for us if Vigurs was to move on?

Can't see Tansey coming back. He left with a bad taste in his mouth. TBH he was pretty inconsistent for the first 3/4 of the 16/17 season. If he goes OTB permanently we'll see him at the derbies next season. I'd rather have Vigurs stay. 

4 hours ago, Caman said:

Can't see Tansey coming back. He left with a bad taste in his mouth. TBH he was pretty inconsistent for the first 3/4 of the 16/17 season. If he goes OTB permanently we'll see him at the derbies next season. I'd rather have Vigurs stay. 

He was not the same player once the sheep started sniffing around and has done nothing since so I would not be wanting him back.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, Caman said:

He was not the same player once the sheep started sniffing around and has done nothing since so I would not be wanting him back.

12 hours ago, IBM said:

Doesn't help when he left with injuries like several other ICT players, makes you wonder how patched they were playing for us at times and maybe some of our demise was not having a squad of fully fit guys. With our record of collecting injuries and players such as Foran, Doran, Fisher, Tansey, Meekings, Mckay all needing treatment either at the club long term of ops and rehabilitation on leaving, there must be a link back to our medical/backroom team or training methods. For Tansey, he needs a run of games in a team when he is fit to get back to his best.

As far as Tansey is concerned, he would, without doubt, improve the squad.

However, the bottom line is that we can't afford him and we are, in any event, much better looking to recruit young players with potential right now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3