Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

19 minutes ago, Caol jag said:

Anyone else think Andrea Mobuyi motumbo would be a riot in the championship?!? 

Motumbo from a couple of seasons great player would love him back another stroke of genius by captain leader legend worst manager ever foran!

• Disagree 1

Just now, RiG said:

The only thing Mutumbo did of note was getting skegged by John Hughes (hilarious "banter") and getting sent off for hacking down Nick Ross.

He was a class act I can mind a peach of a goal against hibs in the Scottish cup I'd have him ahead of bell all day ! 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, hasman82 said:

Anyone heard anything about miles storey coming back? Just seen a rumour on Facebook that people seem to taking at face value.

Let me guess..... Ct loyal army FB page? Honestly that guys posts as fact, stuff that he dreams of the night before 

• Funny 1

8 minutes ago, hasman82 said:

Anyone heard anything about miles storey coming back? Just seen a rumour on Facebook that people seem to taking at face value.

Again we could not afford him and he has not performed since he left us so it's a no from me!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Let me guess..... Ct loyal army FB page? Honestly that guys posts as fact, stuff that he dreams of the night before 

I dream that we will win the Championship and Scottish Cup double next season. That's a fact.

• Funny 1

32 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

He was a class act I can mind a peach of a goal against hibs in the Scottish cup I'd have him ahead of bell all day ! 

No he wasn't and that goal against Hibs was the only thing of note from him in his time here. He would not survive 10 minutes in the Championship. Why do some people want us to keep looking backwards to sign players?

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

No he wasn't and that goal against Hibs was the only thing of note from him in his time here. He would not survive 10 minutes in the Championship. Why do some people want us to keep looking backwards to sign players?

Thankfully, John Robertson seems very much to be looking forwards rather than backwards.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

58 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

That's some serious romanticising of his time here.

• Agree 1

Mutombo was decent...on occasion. While he did have a handful of decent games and his effort can’t be doubted, he was a headless chicken with no first touch and could at times be rather selfish. To talk him up as some kind of football magician is fanciful. 

1 minute ago, Renegade said:

Mutombo was decent...on occasion. While he did have a handful of decent games and his effort can’t be doubted, he was a headless chicken with no first touch and could at times be rather selfish. To talk him up as some kind of football magician is fanciful. 

Class line that football magician lol!

• Disagree 1

Always amazes me that so many on hear always seem desperate to get players back that left us when given the chance before. Mutombo, williams, ross, storey etc all my honest opinion wouldnt improve our starting 11. Okay squad players maybe but none would command lower squad stage wages so its a no to all from me.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Renegade said:

Why. Must. People. Always. Look. Backwards?!

You've been on here long enough to know its the ICT fan way - never see the issues at present, never want to look forwards and only to reminisce with rose tinted specs craving for former players/managers/board members to  return us to the glory days................

We've signed a few young players from other clubs who have experience at Championship level or higher along with tying some of the existing squad on longer deals - with the added youth then there really isn't a lot of more additions likely or needed.

With the departure of Vigurs a strong midfield enforcing player would be great, but we have Trafford who deserves a chance. Probably need another experienced CD as I'm not sure we will get a full season out of Warren. Other than that its adding the right strength and depth rather than just throwing names around now - up front a 20 goal striker would be great but doubt we can afford one, we already have Austin & Oakley so perhaps theres already one in the squad!!!

• Agree 4

I have to agree with whats been said so far.  We have a strong team we now seem to have two goal scorers in Austin and Oakley.  If Vigurs goes he goes with my gratitude as he became the nucleus of the team and yes he got sent off a few times but to me that showed his fight and determination and he is at the twilight of his career so will need to think of his and his families future.  If he goes he will be replaced and we have cover in the squad as it stands plus we have the summer to recruit.  I'm genuinely happy with our current on field squad and with a couple of additions we will have a strong team a complete difference from this time last year where we had nothing.  A good start to the season is key this time around and we have a settled team who can achieve that and hopefully win more games.  Whatever way you look at it we are in a much more positive and stronger situation than 12 months ago.

• Agree 2

David Raven and Scott Boden released by Wrexham. The right back and striker we need to complete our summer signings. Anyone know what they are like? ?

Edited by Guest

36 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I believe Mr Raven is an ageing, yet reliable full back.  Mr Boden, I believe, is dreadful.

I believe you're right. ?

1 hour ago, Caman said:

David Raven and Scott Boden released by Wrexham. The right back and striker we need to complete our summer signings. Anyone know what they are like? ?

In the spirit of looking backwards....let's give Boden another chance....?