Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

20 hours ago, Sean127 said:

Always amazes me that so many on hear always seem desperate to get players back that left us when given the chance before. Mutombo, williams, ross, storey etc all my honest opinion wouldnt improve our starting 11. Okay squad players maybe but none would command lower squad stage wages so its a no to all from me.

Wow the 4 of them would stroll in to our starting 11! This is a squad who lost 2-0 at home to Morton without registering a shot on target 

• Disagree 3

12 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Wow the 4 of them would stroll in to our starting 11! This is a squad who lost 2-0 at home to Morton without registering a shot on target 

This is also a squad that went something like 12 games unbeaten at the business end of the season.

• Agree 5

Lawrence Shankland has signed a new deal with Ayr United. Probably a long shot anyway but I like the idea of going for players in and around us in the league who are young (ish) and want to progress a wee bit with us before potentially landing a big move in a year or two.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, RiG said:

This is also a squad that went something like 12 games unbeaten at the business end of the season.

I no that credit where credits due but ffs some of the drivel we were served up at the start of the season was unreal I'd have improved the team let alone a class act like mutumbo!

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, Alan Simpson said:

I no that credit where credits due but ffs some of the drivel we were served up at the start of the season was unreal I'd have improved the team let alone a class act like mutumbo!

I genuinely liked Mutumbo when he was here also, but "Class act" might be over exaggerating his ability somewhat, 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

I genuinely liked Mutumbo when he was here also, but "Class act" might be over exaggerating his ability somewhat, 

As they say up here he didn't set the heather on fire :lol:

• Funny 1

A lot of talk about Mutumbo in this thread.  I'm not sure what has happened to him.  I know he joined RNK Split in Croatia in 2017, but whether he is still with them is unclear. Split's results are easy enough to find but finding their goalscorers in 2018 is extremely difficult. The usual websites I used when I was following exICT scorers more diligently than I do now don't seem to include them.  And Mutumbo's Wiki page doesn't appear to have been updated in a year.

2 hours ago, Renegade said:

P&J are reporting that we’re trying to sign Dumbarton midfielder Kyle Hutton. 

Do we need another central midfielder?  Beith, Polworth and Trafford can all play there.  Hutton is also a bit older than the players we've been looking at.

• Agree 1

In two minds about the players we're signing. Excited about new faces and hoping for the best ... but also aware that we've essentially acquired the midfield of a team that has just got relegated from the Championship ?

Hope to be proved wrong 

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, cif73 said:

In two minds about the players we're signing. Excited about new faces and hoping for the best ... but also aware that we've essentially acquired the midfield of a team that has just got relegated from the Championship ?

Hope to be proved wrong 

Dumbarton are part time. They proved stubborn opponents for us. Tom Walsh will be highly motivated to be full time again. Kyle Hutton may or may not sign but after his time at Rangers he took some while to recover from a broken leg. I seem to recall him being a strong player against us this year in the games I saw. He too would be highly motivated to return to full time football. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Dumbarton are part time. They proved stubborn opponents for us. Tom Walsh will be highly motivated to be full time again. Kyle Hutton may or may not sign but after his time at Rangers he took some while to recover from a broken leg. I seem to recall him being a strong player against us this year in the games I saw. He too would be highly motivated to return to full time football. 

Sounds like exactly the type of player we need - someone who is young & motivated.

11 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Absolutely. Two talented and highly motivated young players.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Renegade said:

We're making an approach for ex-Dundee, East Fife and Real Sociedad defender Julen Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia apparently.

Long term injured (achilles and then dislocated shoulder) and coming back with a point to prove .... provided we are giving ourselves a bit of an out clause so we dont have someone on the long term injury list if he gets crocked then that might be ok. 

As others have said .. young and upcoming players or those coming in with a point to prove are, and always have been our forte ... 

27 minutes ago, Renegade said:

We're making an approach for ex-Dundee, East Fife and Real Sociedad defender Julen Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia apparently.

The plan is to sell the name on the shirt by the letter and resolve our financial woes at a stroke.

• Funny 1

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Long term injured (achilles and then dislocated shoulder) and coming back with a point to prove .... provided we are giving ourselves a bit of an out clause so we dont have someone on the long term injury list if he gets crocked then that might be ok. 

As others have said .. young and upcoming players or those coming in with a point to prove are, and always have been our forte ... 

Reminds me of when we signed Craig Dargo, when Killie let him go after prolonged injury issues.

On 5/15/2018 at 8:05 PM, Alan Simpson said:

Mutumbo would stroll into our starting 11 ? 

19 games 1 goal 

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

The plan is to sell the name on the shirt by the letter and resolve our financial woes at a stroke.

Careful, you might be accused of dangerous talk and fuelling rumours of administration!!