Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1479420/caley-thistle-manager-john-robertson-seeking-quality-over-quantity-this-summer/

Headline is a bit meainingless - no-one ever says "we are seeking quantity over quality" - but the article does offer a good contrast from last season to this.  I'd imagine we might have the odd trialist in for pre-season training, we usually do, but sounds like we may be settled for next season.

35 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

If we can get/keep everyone fit then think the squad is looking not too bad, so thay doesn't concern me.

I agree and if we manage to unearth a promising trialist or two within our budget then so much the better.

Hopefully get another couple of players in defo do with a central defender and a striker the Spanish boy from Dundee be a decent signing Warrens on his last legs! Surely with robbos legendary exploits he can unearth a striker Austins a top boi but injury prone what about Ryan Hardie freed by rangers wouldn't cost a mint surely 

1 minute ago, Alan Simpson said:

Hopefully get another couple of players in defo do with a central defender and a striker the Spanish boy from Dundee be a decent signing Warrens on his last legs! Surely with robbos legendary exploits he can unearth a striker Austins a top boi but injury prone what about Ryan Hardie freed by rangers wouldn't cost a mint surely 

I think John Robertson is a pretty decent manager but I confess that his legendary exploits have somewhat passed me by.

29 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I think John Robertson is a pretty decent manager but I confess that his legendary exploits have somewhat passed me by.

Robbos a legend on the Edinburgh clubbing circles longest kilt in the regiment from what iv heard lol!

• Disagree 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Renegade said:

There's no doubting his legendary exploits when he can unearth such gems as Matthew Elsdon, Feliticiano Zschusschen and Alex Cooper.

To be fair to Robbo, he was in the position of needing to get players in fast last summer and we clearly signed people who were available rather than assessing them and making an informed choice.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Renegade said:

There's no doubting his legendary exploits when he can unearth such gems as Matthew Elsdon, Feliticiano Zschusschen and Alex Cooper.

Think last season there was more of a need to put together some sort of a squad quickly....bound to get a few lumps of coal, along with a diamond!

Robbo also unearthed Coll Donaldson & Nathan Austin....also, Eldson, Cooper & Zschusschen are no longer there...not tied up on long contracts (like Scott Boden was!).

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, jingsmonty said:

Think last season there was more of a need to put together some sort of a squad quickly....bound to get a few lumps of coal, along with a diamond!

Robbo also unearthed Coll Donaldson & Nathan Austin....also, Eldson, Cooper & Zschusschen are no longer there...not tied up on long contracts (like Scott Boden was!).

Robbo didn't 'unearth' Donaldson and Austin, they were both well known players in Scottish football, who played for other clubs in the same league as us last season.

7 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Robbo didn't 'unearth' Donaldson and Austin, they were both well known players in Scottish football, who played for other clubs in the same league as us last season.

Maybe not but he had the good judgement to sign them.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ictchris said:

But he persuaded them to sign for ICT....and seems to be getting the best out of them both, compared to their previous clubs.

Counts as a success to me ...

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

But he persuaded them to sign for ICT....and seems to be getting the best out of them both, compared to their previous clubs.

Counts as a success to me ...

Agreed, here is just a couple of comments that came in when we signed him. Judging by this no one spotted the talent except Robbo. 

IMG_0479.PNG

Must be a new central defender on the way surely seeing as big warrens been freed! Wonder if it's gonna be the Spanish guy I mind when he was at east fife he was making waves sure rangers tried to sign him tho obvs he had the good sense to avoid sevco

1 hour ago, Stirling Observer said:

Unearth is the wrong word, however they were unwanted at their clubs and Robbo took a chance on them. Coll has been on a bit of a downward spiral for a while now, but has been outstanding for us.  

Said it before, but some players just fit better at some clubs than at others...has been a successful route for us before.

Think Coll has made his feelings about Dundee Utd clear!

13 hours ago, ictchris said:

To be fair to Robbo, he was in the position of needing to get players in fast last summer and we clearly signed people who were available rather than assessing them and making an informed choice.

Fair point. He did know Alex Cooper though who we all knew was guff before we signed him. 

12 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Must be a new central defender on the way surely seeing as big warrens been freed! Wonder if it's gonna be the Spanish guy I mind when he was at east fife he was making waves sure rangers tried to sign him tho obvs he had the good sense to avoid sevco

When exactly did this happen ?