Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

We need the anorak who updates the squad and contract information.

21 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Is his name Mac?

:getmecoat:

MacKintosh I fink - and we need him quickly.

16 hours ago, RiG said:

Sorry, Gary Warren has been released?

Jhesus - I thought that was a Chinese whisper.

14 minutes ago, johnnykanu12 said:

Daily Record reporting he doesn't want to move his family north and has snubbed a move.

If so, that shows a distinct lack of ambition on his part for a still relatively young player trying to rebuild his career.

Edited by Kingsmills

9 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

If so, that shows a distinct lack of ambition on his part for a still relatively young player trying to rebuild his career.

maybe he has a well paid job plus his pt earnings from football which knocks our offer out.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

If he does not want to move family north for family reasons then maybe that has more to do with it. depending on ages of children it could be quite an upheaval to move them from schools where they are settled, doing well and away from friends etc Not that we are looking ... but I would not want to move house with my own family right now for that very reason. 

• Agree 3

On 5/24/2018 at 3:39 PM, johnnykanu12 said:

27 year old doesn't want to move, but willing to play part time football, massive lack of ambition.

I would say he is maybe being sensible, rather than lacking ambition - he may have a decent job/career outside football, that he can work in for another 20+ years, rather than take a punt at full time football & risk having no income in a year or 2. And, as others have mentioned, there's the moving kids from school, selling/renting a house, etc. It's a major decision for him!

Different if he was younger & single, perhaps, but Kyle Hutton has to do what's best for him & his family...I don't have a problem with that.

Edited by jingsmonty
Typos in post

Promotions and advancements are always major decisions. But if you never move from one place in life then you may  well  miss great opportunities to improve your position and grow as a human being . Facing the unknown and possible adversity  is what being strengthened is all about. If you fail then you learn to live another day; If you succeed there is the satisfaction and energy to allow you to continue the process of moving onwards and upwards. And you can move careers at the drop of a hat in Canada whereas in Scotland if you quit the Bank job, as I did, then you would  have to start in another bank at the bottom again and that was vicious control  factor on your ambitions by upper Management that I abhorred and ditched at the first opportunity. Then I was free to grow and develop and to make a major contribution on my terms, my energy and my drive to contribute.

I moved two younger children to Canada to a much different environment than what they were experiencing in Scotland an both thrived.   My (now)  middle aged son was recently recognised at a touching ceremony for being  a 25 year veteran city bus driver in the Vancouver area with a medal and a document attesting to his competence and as an example of an honest , effective  member of the whole team. AND they looked after him when he recently had to go into hospital for his second major heart operation.    

My daughter was recently recognised with her two assistants for being the British Columbia Police Force representative that changed the Canadian Judiciary rules for allowing the police to advance computerised evidence instead of paper documents in Court cases (which leads to speedier outcomes and great cost savings and less trees having to be cut down to make paper, etc). So both my kids did not suffer but revelled in the greater challenges which allowed them to grow and thrive and make a meaningful contribution to society.

And, thirdly, my wife admits that when she returned to Ukraine a couple of years ago to see her mother she found that she could not live there any more because she had changed , having risen to the challenge of becoming fluent in English, adapting to challenging circumstances and demands and revelling in the less restrictive freedoms of Canada where nobody cares where you come from or are going so long as you can do the job, fit-in and  want to thrive and succeed. The restrictive atmosphere  of Britain stifled me and kept me from  growing and advancing. Waiting for "dead men's shoes" foe promotion  in Britain changed into  whether or not you can do the job and "when can you start?" In short, opportunity for mental and emotional fulfilment and success.

So, friends, let John Robertson introduce his changes and remember, please , that if John makes mistakes then that's good 'cos it's the learning process of his job. So far I think he is doing a splendid job for Caley Thistle and deserves our full support.

:mountie::cheer01:

• Agree 1

Oh well, looks like county will pick up another bargain! Unbelievable! Was going to renew my season tickets tomorrow but this news is making me have second thoughts! So much for the local radio advertising that the feel-good factor has returned to ICT ? Picture the scene at the next derby match where there's more 'ICT' players on the county side than on our own! FFS 

I don't buy the argument that GW's wage could pay for 3 new players. I'd much prefer quality over quantity! ! !

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Oh well, looks like county will pick up another bargain! Unbelievable! Was going to renew my season tickets tomorrow but this news is making me have second thoughts! So much for the local radio advertising that the feel-good factor has returned to ICT ? Picture the scene at the next derby match where there's more 'ICT' players on the county side than on our own! FFS 

I don't buy the argument that GW's wage could pay for 3 new players. I'd much prefer quality over quantity! ! !

As much |as I rate Gary Warren , he's shown signs that his days are numbered over the last 18 months. Head over heart on this occasion. 

26 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Al Fraser has just tweeted that Robbo told him today that Warren has been asked to find new club.

Which is of course worlds away from him actually finding a club who will match his current contracted earnings, as we found with Raven and OFW.

1 minute ago, Adamskibeats said:

As much |as I rate Gary Warren , he's shown signs that his days are numbered over the last 18 months. Head over heart on this occasion. 

Then why not just come out and say that instead of spinning it as a money issue?

If this is true about Garry Warren, I think it is a very shoddy way to treat our club captain and a player who has given his all for the club in his time here. I agree that all plàyers have a shelf life,  and time catches up with us all, but there are far more professional and dignified ways to inform the supporters about these matters than a tweet from a journalist,  especially a player of Garrys reputation with the fans. This isn't just some player who turned up last season and didn't make the grade, like Seedorf, this is a player who has been at the heart of everything good we have done over several seasons. We are not blessed with an abundance of central defenders, so would it not be sensible to keep him as a squad player?

I also hear that Partick Thistle have released 14 players including Danny Devine and placed Miles Story on the transfer list, possibly another two players for the ICT tribute team that play out of Dingwall!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Adamskibeats said:

There is a part of me that agrees with this - I've thought that Mckay/Donaldson was our best central defensive pairing last season.

BUT still a very harsh way to treat our captain & an ICT legend...I saw Gary Warren staying & perhaps moving into a coaching role...not to be, it seems.

I really feel for Warren...he may be getting on a bit & not be quite the player he was, but I've always thought that he was a great captain who leads by example - someone who would run through a brick wall for the jersey.

End of an era, if true.

Edited by jingsmonty
Typos in post
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

If this is true about Garry Warren, I think it is a very shoddy way to treat our club captain and a player who has given his all for the club in his time here. I agree that all plàyers have a shelf life,  and time catches up with us all, but there are far more professional and dignified ways to inform the supporters about these matters than a tweet from a journalist,  especially a player of Garrys reputation with the fans. This isn't just some player who turned up last season and didn't make the grade, like Seedorf, this is a player who has been at the heart of everything good we have done over several seasons. We are not blessed with an abundance of central defenders, so would it not be sensible to keep him as a squad player?

I also hear that Partick Thistle have released 14 players including Danny Devine and placed Miles Story on the transfer list, possibly another two players for the ICT tribute team that play out of Dingwall!

Probably! Not sure I'd rate Storey over Nathan Austin, mind you. If we're going for a blend of Youth, with a bit of experience, that's fine by me.

Have to say that I agree with you about Gary Warren - even if he is past his best, he deserves better treatment than that! How long did he have left on his contract anyway?

Edited by jingsmonty
Typos in post

2 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Very reminiscent of when we let Munro & Tokeley go...ironically, Warren was one of the players who they made way for....

Brutal reality of football, I suppose....

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

Probably! Not sure I'd rate Storey over Nathan Austin,inmind you. If we're going for a blend of Youth, with a bit of experience, that's fine by me.

Have to say that I agree with you about Gary Warren - even if he is past his best, he deserves better treatment than that! How long did he have left on his contract anyway?

Yes I agree Austin Is a better all round player than Storey, and I believe that Warren's contract runs out In the summer of 2019.