Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Even if we could afford him, which we can't, just what has Miles Storey done since he left us to justify us breaking our wage structure for ? 

Nothing since but ain't that what wer all about getting rough diamonds! ICT suited storey he'd be a machine at this level hope we can do a deal to get him who nos if warren leaves that's a wage freed up

• Disagree 2

Judging by Yngwie's post in the UK Football section, Storey is still under contract but on the transfer list, so we would need to buy him: unlikely!! We should be looking forward, not backward in terms of our squad.

Intersting comparison: they transfer list Storey so want a fee, we will release Gary Warren free if he finds a club that suits him. 

i think we are being the honourable ones!

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Robert said:

Judging by Yngwie's post in the UK Football section, Storey is still under contract but on the transfer list, so we would need to buy him: unlikely!! We should be looking forward, not backward in terms of our squad.

Intersting comparison: they transfer list Storey so want a fee, we will release Gary Warren free if he finds a club that suits him. 

I would be very surprised if Partick held out for a transfer fee. Their priority will be to get him off the wage bill.

12 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Nothing since but ain't that what wer all about getting rough diamonds! ICT suited storey he'd be a machine at this level hope we can do a deal to get him who nos if warren leaves that's a wage freed up

Red dotted for suggestions that would undoubtedly improve our ropey front line unreal!

• Disagree 3

14 hours ago, Robert said:

Interesting comparison: they transfer list Storey so want a fee, we will release Gary Warren free if he finds a club that suits him. 

Storey is ten years younger - It’s not really the same.

There is no physical "Transfer List"...it's just a term used by a club when they are willing to let a player who's still under contract leave.  It doesn't automatically mean they are looking for a fee either.  Gary has "transfer listed"...it's just that the term has not been used by the club in describing the situation.

1 hour ago, Glover said:

Storey is ten years younger - It’s not really the same.

Why. I keep trying to reiterate. Gary has 1 year left on his deal. If he finds nothing that betters his current terms not reduced, current, then he stays for the year and we weren't offering a new deal so he's a free agent.

We have not in any way treated him badly. 

He is, as it stands our player and our captain. 

On 5/26/2018 at 7:42 PM, jingsmonty said:

Personally, I'd rather have Nathan Austin over Storey..which, luckily, we do! 

Agree. I think Austin played 1 game when I was last over before going out injured. He didnt score but I saw enough nice touches in that game to think we had picked up a player who might be pretty good for us. If he can stay fit next season I think (hope) he may prove me right. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Agree. I think Austin played 1 game when I was last over before going out injured. He didnt score but I saw enough nice touches in that game to think we had picked up a player who might be pretty good for us. If he can stay fit next season I think (hope) he may prove me right. 

Agreed. Has the potential to be the striker we've been searching for since Billy McKay left first time around.

• Like 1

Storey and Tansey seem to be some of the latest in a long line of players who did well at ICT but misfired as soon as they went elsewhere. It's often said that some times players just "fit" a certain club but it does seem that we have been an excellent fit for players who just don't get going when they make their big move. Aside from the likes of Shinnie, Hayes, Robson, Rooney and probably only a few others I would say the vast majority of players who have left ICT have done so to the (slight) detriment of their careers.

• Agree 3

18 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

If we can't afford him then he's over-priced.  He scored a few with us but he's done nothing either before or since.  Apart from his spell with us his career record is 12 goals from 124 appearances.  Just 2 goals from 33 appearances with Partick.  It may be  he would be keen to return in the hope of re-igniting his form, but if he came here it would need to be on our terms and not his.

That's my thoughts too...I certainly wouldn't chase Miles Storey, but if he was willing to fit into the current wage structure, why not? 

As DoofersDad rightly said, he's done nothing since he left to justify us chasing him...but maybe a move back here might be good for him to recapture his form. He was decent, in spells, for us.

I'd rather have an Austin/Oakley strike partnership, to be honest..not so sure about Connor Bell, though...last I read was that he would get another deal if more cash was freed up (obviously tied in with the Gary Warren situation).

Storey or Bell...now, there's something to ponder......! 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I would say the vast majority of players who have left ICT have done so to the (slight) detriment of their careers.

But significant enhancement of the bank accounts. Footballers play for money mainly now and not the lure of trophies or loyalty.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Storey and Tansey seem to be some of the latest in a long line of players who did well at ICT but misfired as soon as they went elsewhere. It's often said that some times players just "fit" a certain club but it does seem that we have been an excellent fit for players who just don't get going when they make their big move. Aside from the likes of Shinnie, Hayes, Robson, Rooney and probably only a few others I would say the vast majority of players who have left ICT have done so to the (slight) detriment of their careers.

In contrast to our former managers who have generally left to the major detriment of their careers.

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

That's my thoughts too...I certainly wouldn't chase Miles Storey, but if he was willing to fit into the current wage structure, why not? 

As DoofersDad rightly said, he's done nothing since he left to justify us chasing him...but maybe a move back here might be good for him to recapture his form. He was decent, in spells, for us.

I'd rather have an Austin/Oakley strike partnership, to be honest..not so sure about Connor Bell, though...last I read was that he would get another deal if more cash was freed up (obviously tied in with the Gary Warren situation).

Storey or Bell...now, there's something to ponder......! 

Storey or bell that's nothing to ponder bell had a decent enough start but certainly wouldn't give him another contract he's sh&te to be brutal storey would tear up this league tho no doubts hel end up at County 

5 hours ago, ferben1994 said:

Why. I keep trying to reiterate. Gary has 1 year left on his deal. If he finds nothing that betters his current terms not reduced, current, then he stays for the year and we weren't offering a new deal so he's a free agent.

We have not in any way treated him badly. 

He is, as it stands our player and our captain. 

It depends on how this was put to Gary...if it was a "look, if you can find another club that suits you, we won't look for a fee & will release you", then that is fine.

If, on the other hand it was "Gary, you're preventing us from strengthening our squad & the sooner you go, the better - we want you out", then that isn't..

I hope it was the former & not the latter!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RiG said:

It's a good point - probably the classic example is HisRoyalWyness, who didn't exactly set the heather on fire at Hearts, but remains a legend for ICT...

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

In contrast to our former managers who have generally left to the major detriment of their careers.

Robbo is the exception....or maybe not....maybe he's just meant to be here!

Edited by jingsmonty
Additional text

15 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

It depends on how this was put to Gary...if it was a "look, if you can find another club that suits you, we won't look for a fee & will release you", then that is fine.

If, on the other hand it was "Gary, you're preventing us from strengthening our squad & the sooner you go, the better - we want you out", then that isn't..

I hope it was the former & not the latter!

Don't suppose it really matters how it was put to the big man at the end of the day the message is the same don't let the door hit u on the way oot! I like warren club legend but he's on the slide and perhaps his wages could be used to strengthen the squad 

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

40 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Storey or bell that's nothing to ponder bell had a decent enough start but certainly wouldn't give him another contract he's sh&te to be brutal storey would tear up this league tho no doubts hel end up at County 

The only question on my lips is...are you Miles himself or his agent? ?

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

I first thought he was like an Austin Allegro - wouldn’t run for 20 minutes without breaking down. Then it was Tracy Austin - delivering more than first impressions suggested. I’m now thinking he could be a Jane Austen - quietly developing into a classic. 

I think a combination of Austin, Oakley and MacKay will cause opponents a lot of problems next season. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Don't suppose it really matters how it was put to the big man at the end of the day the message is the same don't let the door hit u on the way oot! I like warren club legend but he's on the slide and perhaps his wages could be used to strengthen the squad 

Very harsh indeed! We won't do ourselves any favours attracting players to the club if we treat a long serving player (& captain) with a "don't let the door hit you on the way out" attitude.....

Edited by jingsmonty
Additional text