Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

3 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Don't suppose it really matters how it was put to the big man at the end of the day the message is the same don't let the door hit u on the way oot! I like warren club legend but he's on the slide and perhaps his wages could be used to strengthen the squad 

Crikey thats harsh!! 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, jingsmonty said:

Very harsh indeed! We won't do ourselves any favours attracting players to the club if we treat a long serving player (& captain) with a "don't let the door hit you on the way out" attitude.....

Ye it is harsh warrens been a great player for us but clubs now needing rid probably for both football and financial reasons not enough money going round now for robbo to be sentimental he's no doubts got a couple of players lined up and needs the big mans wage freed up! Warren still do a job for somebody!

12 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Storey or bell that's nothing to ponder bell had a decent enough start but certainly wouldn't give him another contract

Agree with that to an extent. Also I think Storey would do well at Championship level but surprised PT let him go. Never really got a fair go at the dons then was in and out of that struggling PT side - wouldn't be a shock to see him head back South as I only think teams outside the top tier in Scotland would give him a chance much like Fisher who seems in a similar situation.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Abdul Osman a player we tried to get before also freed by Patrick a Draper type of midfielder fit in well with us as would Stevie Lawless on the left doubt we could afford either but what a difference they'd make to our squad 

Osman has just come off an utterly appalling season where he was more concerned about selling hats than he was actually playing for Partick. Wouldn't be happy if he rocked up with us.

7 hours ago, RiG said:

Osman has just come off an utterly appalling season where he was more concerned about selling hats than he was actually playing for Partick. Wouldn't be happy if he rocked up with us.

He'd be worth a shout - he may feel he has something to prove. With the caveat that ONLY if we can sign him within budget,of course.

Same goes for Bannigan & Lawless too....although neither may fancy a move up North

Edited by jingsmonty
Typos in post
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Agree with that to an extent. Also I think Storey would do well at Championship level but surprised PT let him go. Never really got a fair go at the dons then was in and out of that struggling PT side - wouldn't be a shock to see him head back South as I only think teams outside the top tier in Scotland would give him a chance much like Fisher who seems in a similar situation.

Maybe not Storey, but I'd have Fisher back in a heartbeat! Not in any way likely, though...

We aren't too bad up front...can see an Austin/Oakley front 2 being productive next season..add in a bit more game time for Daniel Mackay as well...

Edited by jingsmonty
Typos in post
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

Maybe not Storey, but I'd have Fisher back in a heartbeat! Not in any way likely, though...

We aren't too bad up front...can see an Austin/Oakley front 2 being productive next season..add in a but more game time for Daniel Mackay as well...

Probably the best we've been provided for as far as forwards are concerned for five years.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Storey or Bell that's nothing to ponder Bell had a decent enough start but certainly wouldn't give him another contract he's sh&te to be brutal storey would tear up this league tho no doubts hel end up at County 

Bell had a very good start I thought, and he scored 7 goals up to the New Year and he was getting a fair number of plaudits from posters on here (he was one of the bright spots in a poor start)....sure, he went off the boil a bit, but he'll only be 22 in July and has plenty of development to go, surely we don't write someone off for a temporary loss of form, when the overall signs are good

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Bell had a very good start I thought, and he scored 7 goals up to the New Year and he was getting a fair number of plaudits from posters on here (he was one of the bright spots in a poor start)....sure, he went off the boil a bit, but he'll only be 22 in July and has plenty of development to go, surely we don't write someone off for a temporary loss of form, when the overall signs are good

Very fair point - not all of out players have been consisrently good from the get go...Wyness & Billy Mckay (1st time around) spring to mind.

Agree that Bell is worth retaining...

Even though Brechin were awful, I quite liked the look of wee Jordan Sinclair who scored two against us at their place, from midfield, though one was a pelanty. You sometimes wonder what the story is with some players. He had a year at Hibs, but never played, then a year at Livi in League 1 but only appeared 10 times. 22 appearances and 6 goals last season for Brechin. Still only 21.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Cut throAt this division if you can get someone in who'll likely get your more goals on a similar wage do it Bell had plenty chances to prove his worth i don't think he done enough tbh how long do you give someone? Same goes for Trafford I'd have Osman Lawless or Tansey again over him but he's on a longer contract ain't he!

• Disagree 2

15 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Cut throAt this division if you can get someone in who'll likely get your more goals on a similar wage do it Bell had plenty chances to prove his worth i don't think he done enough tbh how long do you give someone? Same goes for Trafford I'd have Osman Lawless or Tansey again over him but he's on a longer contract ain't he!

Tansey!  I could do with a pint of what your on tonight :lol:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Probably the best we've been provided for as far as forwards are concerned for five years.

I don't know about that, I'd include Billy Mckay (1st time around) & Marley Watkins in that, but certainly an effective pairing nonetheless

36 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Tansey? Osman? Storey? Do you just like the idea of a team full of expensive, unfit has beens? Trafford was a great player for us when he had to step in, and could contribute so much more this season. Storey was good when he was here, but only relative to the utter nonentities that we had upfront prior to him arriving. He was the type of player that very quickly settled into the lifestyle and started to show less and less interest and willingness to win the ball. What makes you think he'd be any better the 2nd time around? Same with Tansey, he goes to Aberdeen.... Gets nowhere, achieves very little, is not match fit and is now unsurprisingly surplus to requirement. So what, we pay what would be a fortune to us to take him back here so he can try and recapture some of his previous form. Would the drive be there, no..... Would the enthusiasm be there, no.... Would it be value for money, no. I'm quite excited at the current squad we've got, and think robbo and his coaches will get the best out of them starting with a good preseason 

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Tansey? Osman? Storey? Do you just like the idea of a team full of expensive, unfit has beens? Trafford was a great player for us when he had to step in, and could contribute so much more this season. Storey was good when he was here, but only relative to the utter nonentities that we had upfront prior to him arriving. He was the type of player that very quickly settled into the lifestyle and started to show less and less interest and willingness to win the ball. What makes you think he'd be any better the 2nd time around? Same with Tansey, he goes to Aberdeen.... Gets nowhere, achieves very little, is not match fit and is now unsurprisingly surplus to requirement. So what, we pay what would be a fortune to us to take him back here so he can try and recapture some of his previous form. Would the drive be there, no..... Would the enthusiasm be there, no.... Would it be value for money, no. I'm quite excited at the current squad we've got, and think robbo and his coaches will get the best out of them starting with a good preseason 

I don't think any of them could be considered unfit has beens would defo improve our squad if we could get any of them ! Trafford jury's defo out on him would rather Tansey any day dunno what finances would be involved surely not a fortune can't imagine there's gonna be a stampede for there signatures! Tbh tho where was the drive from our current players till the end of the season when it was to late! Fingers crossed we keep up the end of season performances should be in the mix even without 3 "superstars" I mentioned lol

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

I don't know about that, I'd include Billy Mckay (1st time around) & Marley Watkins in that, but certainly an effective pairing nonetheless

Marley Watkins now that was a player eh! Key to our season could be keeping Austin fit if we don't bring in another half decent striker! Can't see Bell or wee Mackay getting 15-20 goals tbh!

• Agree 1

Greg Tansey was garbage during his first spell with us, was really good for a season and a half and then went back to being garbage after that Aberdeen saga. He was absolutely dreadful when he eventually did sign for Aberdeen and would certainly be looking for Premiership wages. There’s absolutely no chance of him coming back and even if there was a chance, I would pass on him.   

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 5

13 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

I don't think any of them could be considered unfit has beens would defo improve our squad if we could get any of them ! Trafford jury's defo out on him would rather Tansey any day dunno what finances would be involved surely not a fortune can't imagine there's gonna be a stampede for there signatures! Tbh tho where was the drive from our current players till the end of the season when it was to late! Fingers crossed we keep up the end of season performances should be in the mix even without 3 "superstars" I mentioned lol

One word comes to mind.

Doh!!!!!

Greg Tansey would be a great signing for us.  We offered Kyle Hutton a deal to play central midfield, it's obvious that Tansey is a better player than him, he's probably a better player than Trafford as well.  There isn't a team in the Championship who would turn him down.  We won't be signing him as we can't afford him.  The P&J reported that he doesn't want to play in the Championship either.

• Agree 1

Tansey didn't want to be here after January 2016. He left as soon as he could, i.e. last summer. 

I prefer to remember him as part of the Scottish Cup wiinining side (ala Draper). 

Let's move forward. It's not 'Back to the Future' after all!!!!

2 hours ago, mikeyrob73 said:

what is it with always looking backwards? Robbo has actually had time to look at players that are needed this year instead of a rush job

Definetly! Last year, I think the priority was to get a team - any team - onto the park. I really wasn't suprised by our terrible start.

I'd like to think, with a fairly settled squad & a couple of cost effective additions, along with some Youth players (Daniel Mackay has certainly shown talent already), that the way we finished last season will be more indicative of where we're at, rather than the start!

Most of Robbo's signings have been effective & the ones that haven't been, are away.

• Agree 1