Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

1 hour ago, Caman said:

Tansey didn't want to be here after January 2016. He left as soon as he could, i.e. last summer. 

I prefer to remember him as part of the Scottish Cup wiinining side (ala Draper). 

Let's move forward. It's not 'Back to the Future' after all!!!!

If a former player was willing to return specially if he's better than what wev currently got then why not an obsession in these threads with people dissing former players! 

• Disagree 1

9 hours ago, Renegade said:

Greg Tansey was garbage during his first spell with us, was really good for a season and a half and then went back to being garbage after that Aberdeen saga. He was absolutely dreadful when he eventually did sign for Aberdeen and would certainly be looking for Premiership wages. There’s absolutely no chance of him coming back and even if there was a chance, I would pass on him.   

The fact he left our club for Aberdeen with a hernia issue and needed surgery is a big part of his issue. Not the only player in recent years to need rehab at other clubs - perhaps we never saw his best consistently as he was never fully fit and we played patched up players.

3 hours ago, mikeyrob73 said:

what is it with always looking backwards? Robbo has actually had time to look at players that are needed this year instead of a rush job

Why would replacing Bell with a Storey be a bad thing fAr better player! He's had time but look who he tried to sign Kyle Hutton ffs wouldn't have him in a lucky bag how small is the budget Tansey Lawless etc mentioned on here are far better than him

16 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Cut throat this division if you can get someone in who'll likely get your more goals on a similar wage do it Bell had plenty chances to prove his worth i don't think he done enough tbh    how long do you give someone?    Same goes for Trafford I'd have Osman Lawless or Tansey again over him but he's on a longer contract ain't he!

He did plenty in the first half of the season, but lost out as Robbo tried different combinations, particularly once Austin got himself fit, struck me as being the sort of player who'd get in just the right positions to score simple goals, and seemed a hard worker. Why do we write someone off for a because a loss of form/managers selection choice, but not consider the previous good form. Bell is someone who could benefit from strength training in the gym and building up stamina levels , and building on his experience...there is definitely a decent player there.

• Agree 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Why would replacing Bell with a Storey be a bad thing fAr better player! He's had time but look who he tried to sign Kyle Hutton ffs wouldn't have him in a lucky bag how small is the budget Tansey Lawless etc mentioned on here are far better than him

Because we CANT AFFORD Storey , same as we cant afford Tansey or Draper. Fairly simple. 

• Agree 5

11 minutes ago, mikeyrob73 said:

Because we CANT AFFORD Storey , same as we cant afford Tansey or Draper. Fairly simple. 

In addition to none of them probably favouring a return. Certainly not Draper due to how he was moved on last summer.

8 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

You no the budget then I take it! Surely this new board didn't come in with no money

Nope i don't know the budget anymore than you do, what is plainly obvious is that we have less money than before our relegation and then a full year in The Championship, with no TV money. 

Would you be happy to see these guys come back on their previous wages and the club to under Alan? Is it win at all costs and damn the future of the club? 

5 minutes ago, mikeyrob73 said:

Nope i don't know the budget anymore than you do, what is plainly obvious is that we have less money than before our relegation and then a full year in The Championship, with no TV money. 

Would you be happy to see these guys come back on their previous wages and the club to under Alan? Is it win at all costs and damn the future of the club? 

That's the thing tho brother the longer you stay in this division the broker you get not saying sink the club but maybe push the boat out a bit eh!

6 minutes ago, mikeyrob73 said:

How do you propose to "push the boat out"  brother? where do the funds come from for this boat? 

Use up the last of the parachute payment drapers sale last season! Or u could win the club millions by going on who wants to be a millionaire!

No Millions involved in Who wants to be a Millionaire, its 1 million, the clues in the title. 

16 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Use up the last of the parachute payment drapers sale last season! Or u could win the club millions by going on who wants to be a millionaire!

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

If a former player was willing to return specially if he's better than what wev currently got then why not an obsession in these threads with people dissing former players! 

Each transfer should be assessed on a player by player basis, whether they've played for us before or not..

As for Tansey, yes, he was a great player - sometimes. He coasted for most of our relegation season....not 100% sure I'd want him back, wasn't very impressed with what he said immediately after our last Premier league game when we went down.....

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

i would like to see Gary Warren here next season

Me too - I think he still has a lot to offer & not just as a player...he'd be a great coach, as someone who has had to work hard to get to where he's at now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 5/30/2018 at 12:01 PM, ictchris said:

People always hark back to former players because we are fans, not scouts.  Most normal people don't have the time or inclination to compile in depth knowledge of available players within our budget range.

I'd agree with that,  most players that would be instantly recognisable to me would either be ex-players or players we couldn't afford...

I'm not against re-signing players, but only on the basis of what they can offer us NOW, rather than what they did previously....&, as I said elsewhere in this thread, only if they fit into our current wage structure. Re-signing players does work sometimes (Wyness, Vigurs), but it's more often that not, not the best way to build a squad..

Far more likely that Robbo would go for younger, unproven players who can get a chance & have something to prove. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Adamskibeats said:

I see Nick Ross has left Sepsi in Romania......

#LookingBackwards ?

Would he improve the team as it stands? I'm not sure he would...maybe a bit of overseas experience may have been a good thing for his game, I'm not sure?

Jury out on this one for me....