Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

His overseas experience didn't amount to much.  He got fairly little match time whilst he was there, and even that was mostly as sub.  Although I quite liked Nick, I can't see him improving our sqaud greatly.

maybe time to get himself into uni and finance it with part-time footie (he's a very inteligent laddie)

51 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

We need to sign someone who's a natural leader, well respected by his peers and would run through a brick wall for the club....anyone know a player who might fit the bill?

Gary Warren

45 minutes ago, Renegade said:

P&J are saying Bell is away as we were unable to offer him much than he was on already. 

A few good games then he lost his hunger.

He didn't merit a pay rise. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

37 minutes ago, Caman said:

A few good games then he lost his hunger.

He didn't merit a pay rise. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

I think that's really quite harsh on Bell. I saw nothing to suggest that he had "lost his hunger" though he was definitely not as effective later in the season as he was at the start he certainly didn't stop trying.

That said, I do agree that he didn't merit a (significant) pay rise. Obviously I've no idea what kind of numbers we are talking about here but if his agent was being unrealistic with what his client was after I support the club saying that we won't deal. However I wouldn't have minded him being given a small increase.

Anyway, the article is here if anyone wants to check it out online. Robbo also says that his signings are mostly done although we are looking at maybe another couple of players.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

The "reports" have been lifted off a Livi fan forum and repeated with no quotes or any other comments. Make of that what you will.

If that's the origin of the story then quality factual reporting from the sun and daily record ad per usual.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

I think that's really quite harsh on Bell. I saw nothing to suggest that he had "lost his hunger" though he was definitely not as effective later in the season as he was at the start he certainly didn't stop trying.

That said, I do agree that he didn't merit a (significant) pay rise. Obviously I've no idea what kind of numbers we are talking about here but if his agent was being unrealistic with what his client was after I support the club saying that we won't deal. However I wouldn't have minded him being given a small increase.

Anyway, the article is here if anyone wants to check it out online. Robbo also says that his signings are mostly done although we are looking at maybe another couple of players.

Harsh - Being truthful isn't harsh. 

Worth a Pay Rise - Not on your nelly. Oakley stuck with it and earned his starting position. Bell did not. 

Edited by Guest

57 minutes ago, Caman said:

Harsh - Being truthful isn't harsh. 

Worth a Pay Rise - Not on your nelly. Oakley stuck with it and earned his starting position. Bell did not. 

How and when exactly would you say that Bell "lost his hunger" then?

Edited by RiG

I'm not sure Bell lost anything, but he worked hard with unfortunately not enough end product. He may be young but as often the case at the club this is a guy brought in and given more game time than our own youngsters without really showing he is a whole lot better. If suggestions are correct and he is looking for a pay increase, it could be argued he lost his place in the team and wasn't integral in the team heading upwards - if anything after the failure of promotion or at least play-off places the players should really be facing reality and accept they failed to deliver what was required.

If he feels he is worth more money and wants to move on then he's not irreplaceable and hopefully the club can look within to give a younger players a chance. 

17 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Can't say I know that much about White but he has a decent record in this division previously with Livingston.

Here is a shaky YouTube video of some of his goals from Livingston.

Seems like a good solid signing...as much as I rate Austin & Oakley as a partnership, we can't rely solely on them...or Daniel Mackay either (who I rate highly as well).

We need cover & competition for positions.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

How and when exactly would you say that Bell "lost his hunger" then?

My last comment on Bell as he is history. Lattetly when on the pitch he was more likely to be bundled off the ball and fall over. He was out of sorts and as far as I am concerned not 'up for it' and was bottom of the list regarding our strikers. He's history. Time to move on.

Welcome Jordan White. 

11 minutes ago, Caman said:

My last comment on Bell as he is history. Lattetly when on the pitch he was more likely to be bundled off the ball and fall over. He was out of sorts and as far as I am concerned not 'up for it' and was bottom of the list regarding our strikers. He's history. Time to move on.

Welcome Jordan White. 

Fair enough. I think you're being pretty unfair to him as he is a slight player anyway so he was hardly going to be much good at holding the ball up anyway but we're not going to agree!

Interested to see what Jordan White can do. His record at this level is encouraging.

Possible line up?

Ridgers
Rooney Mckay Donaldson Tremarco
Trafford Polworth
Doran Walsh Chalmers
Austin

Edited by RiG