Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

16 minutes ago, RiG said:

Fair enough. I think you're being pretty unfair to him as he is a slight player anyway so he was hardly going to be much good at holding the ball up anyway but we're not going to agree!

Interested to see what Jordan White can do. His record at this level is encouraging.

Possible line up?

Ridgers
Rooney Mckay Donaldson Tremarco
Trafford Polworth
Doran Walsh Chalmers
Austin

Is Walsh not more of a wide player? I'm not sure tbh. 

Beith - central midfielder?

Not a bad formation, but maybe two up front? Oakley for Walsh with Austin/Oakley up front?

Warren, Elbouzedi, D Mackay, Beith, White, C Mackay + 1. Strong enough bench. 

Main thing is it is good to see a clear vision with a line up in early June. 

Edited by Guest

32 minutes ago, Caman said:

Is Walsh not more of a wide player? I'm not sure tbh. 

Beith - central midfielder?

Not a bad formation, but maybe two up front? Oakley for Walsh with Austin/Oakley up front?

Warren, Elbouzedi, D Mackay, Beith, White, C Mackay + 1. Strong enough bench. 

Main thing is it is good to see a clear vision with a line up in early June. 

Dumbarton fans on P & B say he can play wide but, IIRC, they say he is best playing in the middle behind the striker. Formation was just one I picked to accommodate all our midfielders but then we have been playing with two up front in some form of diamond shape so it's a complete guess on my part :laugh:

Edited by RiG

10 hours ago, Caman said:

A few good games then he lost his hunger.

He didn't merit a pay rise. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

Absolute nonsense from our man at Aldi.  Bell fell out of favour towards the end of the season but he grafted non-stop in every game I saw him play for us.  He also seemed to be genuinely delighted to be playing for ICT and was always appreciative of the fans.  No need at all to slate the guy in this manner.  I'm sure most fair minded fans would wish him well and thank him for his efforts while with us. 

• Agree 8

8 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Always surprises me when I see the "subject to medical" line being trotted out.

This from the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.....

They have agreed terms, I believe no contract has been signed yet.

3 minutes ago, ymip said:

Absolute nonsense from our man at Aldi.  Bell fell out of favour towards the end of the season but he grafted non-stop in every game I saw him play for us.  He also seemed to be genuinely delighted to be playing for ICT and was always appreciative of the fans.  No need at all to slate the guy in this manner.  I'm sure most fair minded fans would wish him well and thank him for his efforts while with us. 

Totally agree....knocking a player who's moving on seems to be used as a coping mechanism for some people who feel the need to try and find some justification for the decision which goes beyond what it actually is.  Garry Warren seems to be getting similar treatment at the moment.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, AncientMariner said:

They have agreed terms, I believe no contract has been signed yet.

Of course not....they've said it's subject to a medical, which FIFA say you can't do!

A verbal agreement is legally binding....and the fact the club have now put it in writing publicly, doubly so.

It gets reported as being the case a lot of the time, but it's mostly (although not exclusively) just paper speak.

5 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Of course not....they've said it's subject to a medical, which FIFA say you can't do!

You've read it wrong, the contract can not stipulate subject to etc. 

Currently, there is no contract and although in many cases a verbal contract is binding in Scotland, this is outwith the remit of FIFA as they cannot legislate for individual countries. 

FIFA transfer regulations stipulate a contract must be signed and a verbal offer does not constitute a legally binding contract.

• Agree 2

Disappointed if Bell has left, looked like a top player early doors, hard working too. That he fell below Oakley and Austin in the pecking order is more a reflection of their strong finish to the season than a 'downing tools' on his part.

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, AncientMariner said:

You've read it wrong, the contract can not stipulate subject to etc. 

Currently, there is no contract and although in many cases a verbal contract is binding in Scotland, this is outwith the remit of FIFA as they cannot legislate for individual countries. 

FIFA transfer regulations stipulate a contract must be signed and a verbal offer does not constitute a legally binding contract.

Verbal contracts are binding under most legal systems the world over.....FIFA rules do not overrule the law of the land in ANY jurisdiction, despite what they might think!

Also, we're not talking a "verbal offer" we're talking about an "agreement"....as per the article published.

1 minute ago, AlexJones said:

Disappointed if Bell has left, looked like a top player early doors, hard working too. That he fell below Oakley and Austin in the pecking order is more a reflection of their strong finish to the season than a 'downing tools' on his part.

He has left, he confirmed it on Twitter.

6 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Verbal contracts are binding under most legal systems the world over.....FIFA rules do not overrule the law of the land in ANY jurisdiction, despite what they might think!

Yes but FIFA only recognise signed contracts and their stipulation posted by you would not apply.

Edited by AncientMariner

2 minutes ago, AncientMariner said:

Yes but FIFA only recognise signed contracts and their stipulation posted by you would not apply.

FIFA don't get to set the law on what forms a binding contract....it's not within their power to make a decision on that.

36 minutes ago, ymip said:

Aldi?

Taking a slagging which I can live with. 

'Knocking' a player who has left, nope. Saying what I saw. He lost interest and was not 'up for it' latterly. 

He did not merit a pay rise so glad he did not get one. 

End of conversation/ opinion from me re him. 

I don't think Bell lost interest.  He always seemed to give 100% as far as I was concerned.  He certainly started the season more effectively than he finished it but I think there are 2 reasons for that.  Firstly, playing with Baird suited him. Baird was also small and so our style of play reflected that with balls played on the deck.  The emergence of Oakley and latterly Austin changed the way we played and Bell seemed to play a little wider and deeper when paired with them.  The second reason is that defenders became more effective in simply bullying him off the ball.  He's a lively player and has an eye for the snap shot at goal.  He's OK as a squad player at this level but I'd definitely rate Oakley, Austin and MacKay ahead of him.

• Agree 2

I think fans often make assertions about players not trying or not being committed when their form dips but there are other reasons why players might not play well.  I doubt many professional footballers, especially playing on a short term contract, ever stop trying.

29 minutes ago, ictchris said:

I think fans often make assertions about players not trying or not being committed when their form dips but there are other reasons why players might not play well.  I doubt many professional footballers, especially playing on a short term contract, ever stop trying.

Ok, maybe I was being hash, but it was my opinion which I am entitled to, not 'nonsense'. He has gone to Carlisle which is his neck of the woods. Probably better for him as a young guy who may have been homesick in the wilderness of the Highlands. Some of his tweets, either from him or his followers, seemed to imply he should 'come home'. So I'll sign off with wishing him well and thanks for his 7 goals. 

Edited by Guest

In all my time at ICTFC I saw very few players who could ever have been accused of not trying....those who were guilty of it either learnt quick (from team mates mostly) that it wasn't acceptable or didn't last long at the club.

Players have poor games or are off the pace from time to time, but that doesn't mean the effort wasn't there.

1 hour ago, ictchris said:

Have to agree with all of the above, especially there can be so much going on a players mind or personal life.

Imo they all try but are only human and life affects them the same as us, wish the young man all the luck in future.

Personally sorry to see him go. He had pace and worked hard. His goal at Tannadice was a cracker: started in the left back position and knocked it in at the post a matter of seconds later.

Hopefully things work out for him.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1