Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

If you had to pick a football cliché to describe our latest recruits it'd probably be 'workmanlike'. Pretty sensible strategy IMO, given what we saw last season. The Championship isn't a league for sand dancers (i.e. the type of players John Hughes and Richie Foran were fond of signing).

Edited by AlexJones

10 hours ago, AlexJones said:

If you had to pick a football cliché to describe our latest recruits it'd probably be 'workmanlike'. Pretty sensible strategy IMO, given what we saw last season. The Championship isn't a league for sand dancers (i.e. the type of players John Hughes and Richie Foran were fond of signing).

Spot on and certainly experience there with Rooney over 100 appearances and White with over 300 appearances and nearly 100 goals.

White from Barrow in Furness  is an interesting player who has an eye for the goal. Has good balance.

Barrow are doing better at this point in their season. Not the most prepossessing place in the world. Industrial town. Furnaces in the Furness district , like!

He is tall and resilient and is very cool under pressure, usually picking his spot. Does score some cool goals  and has a turn off speed and is difficult to dispossess when running in on goal.

How he fares in the Championship  is still open to question, though, and he may get a bit of a rough ride and closer marking as well.

Aye. :mountie:

Jordan White will be a decent signing I reckon he will be a good replacement for Connor Bell & will link up well with Nathan Austin George Oakley & Daniel Mckay.  He has more experience then Bell is much taller & stronger then him he has also scored a fair few goals in his career he wears his heart on his sleave & looks like a player that will work hard for us looking forward to seeing how he gets on up in the Highlands maybe a hat-trick against County? 

It does make you wonder how Robbo would have done with the budget that Yogi & Foran had....that's a pointless 'What If?' question, I know...

Good to sign Jamie McCart on a permanent deal...a known quantity & a decent signing with plenty of potential.

It shows one of the reasons Robbo was appointed this time around...he knew the club & took an interest in it, so he was, no doubt, well aware of McCart from his previous loan spell...

• Agree 5

10 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Jamie is a great signing - he trains and performs like a true professional

You would hope that anyone who is pie to play football full time, no matter what their salary, would train and perform like a true professional.

9 hours ago, Kind of Blue said:

Really pleased about the signing of McCart.  Building on last season our defence could be the best in the league.

on paper our defence options  sounds pretty solid but I'll wait and see how it goes before making comparisons . here's hoping you are right.

Edited by caleyboy

11 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

You would hope that anyone who is pie to play football full time, no matter what their salary, would train and perform like a true professional.

You would hope that but my point is that he was very focussed and very professional in that season of hell.