Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

If you don't like someone's posts or agenda on here just change the settings to ignore them.

Seems there's more interest in petty user name calling at this time of year than discussing serious matters around the club.

Let's not hide from the fact that after the departure of Rice this is another cheap cost cutting appointment. The promotion or addition of Esson formally to the coaching team will most likely be in addition still to player role (no announcement he has retired) and arrival of Wilson will most likely give us a lower coaching overhead than last and previous years.

As said kellacher does deserve a chance but let's not miss the fact we have an inexperienced back room team.

I don't think that anyone needs to walk on eggshells because the use of vulgar language or profanity to describe someone, who clearly cannot fight back, is hardly  something to be admired or promoted.  A straight clean comment is all that is needed to express your feelings IMHO.

Anyway,

I seem to recall that Robertson was saying that if Warren left it would free up wages for 2 or 3 players. So are we likely to see some more arrivals then? That former Rangers lad was on trial but I don't see any other names doing the rounds.

Great shout.- Another piece of good business and total footballing sense to add three individuals who know the place and the ICT philosophy. Relative virgins they may be but all have huger than most experience and could all be regarded as fan favourites during their playing careers at the Dump. Quick adoring angoras - what is the total number of seasons of all three wearing the beloved shirt ?

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Anyway,

I seem to recall that Robertson was saying that if Warren left it would free up wages for 2 or 3 players. So are we likely to see some more arrivals then? That former Rangers lad was on trial but I don't see any other names doing the rounds.

I doubt that Robbo will see all of it in his player budget but it would be nice to see at least one addition to our perilously small first team squad.

Tim Chow being looked at apparently. Was rotten for them during his time there by all accounts. Would be a strange signing for me.

Edited by RiG

7 hours ago, RiG said:

Anyway,

Warren wages may have equated to 2 or 3 players of lesser experience/quality etc but lets not forget there was a settlement agreed with Warren too - nobody knows what percentage of his annual salary that may have been, add to that the apparent consideration to reduce the wage budget and costs overall I think its fair to say that there is little chance of 2 or 3 faces beyond what was already planned for. We should just assume that McCart is already the Warren replacement.

Was never impressed by Chow in the derbies against us, also seemed a bit of a hatchet man in the Sportscene highlights. Mind you, I suppose he might do a job in the championship. 

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Tim Chow being looked at apparently. Was rotten for them during his time there by all accounts. Would be a strange signing for me.

No thanks. He's s##t. 

Probably a mistake. Given who he played for, probably just visiting the travellers site next door for spares for his Transit. ?

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Caman said:

No thanks. He's s##t. 

Probably a mistake. Given who he played for, probably just visiting the travellers site next door for spares for his Transit. ?

That's offensive to the traveling community just as my tongue in cheek comments bout big Scott proper offended the more portly ICT fans! Tim Chow btw ain't a bad player at all would defo be a cracking squad player

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Enough please. Back on topic. Any further personal insults and those responsible will be banned from the thread.

Any issue with that then please refresh your memory my reading the very clear site rules.

How about the Admin/Mods read the site rules and start applying them?

It's like watchin a parent who tells a child over and over to be good or there will be consequences....but there's never actually any action/consequences.

As always, Scotty will have to come in and sort shit out because Mods don't want to get their hands dirty.  The forum is suffering big time because of it.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, mikeyrob73 said:

The personal insults started with the pop at Kellacher and nothing was done or said  Kingsmills, maybe if Mods had stepped in at that point people wouldnt feel the need to get personal ? 

seems personal comments only count when aimed at fellow posters? 

Mikey, look: my missus brings me my cup of tea on Wednesday morning and the first thing I see is your comment 10 mins earlier, plus all the other shit from the night before, so hard lines there. A mild warning would be enough for most people. Most of us have a life outside of this site.

4 hours ago, CaleyD said:

How about the Admin/Mods read the site rules and start applying them?

It's like watchin a parent who tells a child over and over to be good or there will be consequences....but there's never actually any action/consequences.

As always, Scotty will have to come in and sort shit out because Mods don't want to get their hands dirty.  The forum is suffering big time because of it.

Point taken, Don, but no apologies for missing the last 10 hours worth of posts. Too busy enjoying my birthday yesterday and the aftermath. Right, here goes, rubber gloves on, forum nazi alert, etc etc.

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Point taken, Don, but no apologies for missing the last 10 hours worth of posts. Too busy enjoying my birthday yesterday and the aftermath. Right, here goes, rubber gloves on, forum nazi alert, etc etc.

Another birthday...did you not have one last year as well?  Hope it was a good one.

Going by the list at https://caleythistleonline.com/staff/ there's 10 moderators....many of whom never seem to lift a finger.  There's people on that list who haven't posted in months (even years).  I know it can be a thankless task and there's rarely any thanks for trying to keep things in some semblance of order, but if people aren't willing to do the work, then they should hand back the badge and/or be moved along.