Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Wonder if Willo Flood would be up for a season in the highlands he's made a proper mess of his moves so far this yr! Could still do a turn!

I don't think we want any more Floods on our pitch!

17 minutes ago, Hiro said:

I see we've just signed Sean Welsh.  File that one under odd.  I wonder of that means we have reservations over the fitness of Angus Beith.

More than reservations given that he's not long since had hip surgery.

Still can't believe we signed someone with a long term, recurring injury on a 3 year deal....and used Jake Mulraney as a bargaining chip to allow us to do so!

• Agree 1

Partick Thistle fans I've asked have been effusive in their praise for Welsh - when he's fit. Apparently he's a very good passer of the ball and solid defensively, yet not too bad when he gets forward. Not a bad replacement for Vigurs, potentially.

The problem of course is that he seems to be made of glass. He played very little between 2013 and 2015 because of knee problems, and barely played at all in 2017 because of injury, to the point that he was without a club for the first half of last season. Falkirk fans are not positive about his performances for them last season, but he did join a struggling team mid-season which is always tough.

Hopefully he's on a pay-as-you-play deal...

3 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

I've always liked Willo Flood. But Isn't he getting to the age of "being a wee bit past it  

I think your right with that bit. 

1 hour ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

I've always liked Willo Flood. But Isn't he getting to the age of "being a wee bit past it"?

Silky player with a good shot on him for such a slim man. If he is fully fit would be an asset to the team I think.

Comments please?.

Too old

• Agree 1

Er, um Caleyboy

You are  never too old when your heart is in it.Scarlet does his 6 miles on the bike every two days  to strengthen and assist with the healing of his badly injured left knee on the ski slopes many years ago. As you age  these injuries can drag you down unless you ignore them and  work them hard. Well that's my philosophy and it works for me since one fall can really get you down and almost out unless you fight it and force the blood to go to where it is needed.

Willo may be slight but he has the great attitude that  makes him a winner. Put him in the team and, heh presto, the Flood gates at the goal line may open wide.

Yes! Smile.

On 7/6/2018 at 6:51 PM, CaleyD said:

Going by the list at https://caleythistleonline.com/staff/ there's 10 moderators....many of whom never seem to lift a finger.  There's people on that list who haven't posted in months (even years).  I know it can be a thankless task and there's rarely any thanks for trying to keep things in some semblance of order, but if people aren't willing to do the work, then they should hand back the badge and/or be moved along.

I have reviewed the activity of all moderators and based entirely on that activity I have reduced this count from 10 to 5 : Moderators are now Mantis, Gringo, RiG, YngWie, and Kingsmills, all of whom, are and have been active in the moderator discussions and/or in actively moderating the site. TM4TJ and myself remain as Admins.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/17/2018 at 10:01 PM, Scotty said:

I have reviewed the activity of all moderators and based entirely on that activity I have reduced this count from 10 to 5 : Moderators are now Mantis, Gringo, RiG, YngWie, and Kingsmills, all of whom, are and have been active in the moderator discussions and/or in actively moderating the site. TM4TJ and myself remain as Admins.  

You've obviously missed Dougal from the esteemed list. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Heard a rumour from a county supporting pal that they're going for Polworth cash plus Billy Mackay !

Not sure which is more worrying!!  The proposed deal or that you have a mate who is a RC fan. ?

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Seen a blast from the past touting himself to Scottish clubs prince bauben surely better than Trafford even in his twilight years! Our teams crying out for a Danny Williams type of schemer what's the tanned maestro doing these days??

Think you'll find we have already found our new version of Danny......   Walsh, who has a sweet left foot, driving runs, taking players on....   snuff said.

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Seen a blast from the past touting himself to Scottish clubs prince bauben surely better than Trafford even in his twilight years! Our teams crying out for a Danny Williams type of schemer what's the tanned maestro doing these days??

A quick Google search reveals he is playing for Accrington Stanley.

23 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Heard a rumour from a county supporting pal that they're going for Polworth cash plus Billy Mackay !

Billy McKay had three very good seasons from which we were fortunate to benefit. He was distinctly mediocre before that and worse than mediocre since. We need to look forward not backwards.

• Agree 1

Articles on BBC about foreign training and scouting camps and then.another about the 100s of British players without clubs but we don't do much of these camps. It looks like there is a pool of players out there desperate but how many are willing to lower their wages and ambitions to keep that dream alive.

Let's hope we have a scouting network that market and find a bit of quality in the budget - If there is any left!!!

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Articles on BBC about foreign training and scouting camps and then.another about the 100s of British players without clubs but we don't do much of these camps. It looks like there is a pool of players out there desperate but how many are willing to lower their wages and ambitions to keep that dream alive.

Let's hope we have a scouting network that market and find a bit of quality in the budget - If there is any left!!!

if they don't have a club they ain't earning anything so a lower wage than they were used to is better than zilch. 

• Agree 1