Who would you like to see at ICT next season?

Alan Simpson

Window shuts on Friday and I think it's fair to say we could do with some reinforcements given patchy form to date, particularly up front.  I would suggest Camnmy Smith would be a decent signing given his form in the Championship last season but very much doubt we have the wherewithal and I'd guess "bigger" clubs would be ahead of us in the queue.  Jai Quitongo is another I would like to see but given he's now training with Partick also highly unlikely.  Any local millionaire fancy financing a marquee signing or two?

58 minutes ago, ymip said:

Window shuts on Friday and I think it's fair to say we could do with some reinforcements given patchy form to date, particularly up front.  I would suggest Camnmy Smith would be a decent signing given his form in the Championship last season but very much doubt we have the wherewithal and I'd guess "bigger" clubs would be ahead of us in the queue.  Jai Quitongo is another I would like to see but given he's now training with Partick also highly unlikely.  Any local millionaire fancy financing a marquee signing or two?

I very much doubt if we have the funds to add anyone but would be delighted to be proved wrong.

Hasn't Robbo said recently that we need players to leave before we bring anyone in?

ETA: He has -> https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/1547292/no-more-inverness-arrivals-unless-players-leave-says-robertson/

However if we were to sign a player or two I think we need to strengthen central midfield and maybe get a winger in as well. Can't see it happening.

Edited by RiG

A poor transfer window was hoping for a loan signing or 2 ! Think wev actually lost better than brought in certainly at right back seedorf beats Rooney and Vigurs beats the piece of balsa wood also known as Beith! If only we had even small funds a lot of decent players available!

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Robbo says there's no more transfers from other clubs, but is willing to take in Loans or Free Agents...

...Is Miles Storey a free agent yet? ?

He is. Saw him in Eastgate Centre today. 

No surprise that after the release of Warren to supposedly allow funds for recruitment we haven't brought in anyone. Reality is that its unlikely anyone will leave as none have performed well enough to get offered more lucrative contracts elsewhere to even contemplate walking away for free - and we certainly cant pay any more guys off. The level of squad we have is what we will need to get used to, lets hope the youth get a chance because they will probably not have a better chance to make the first team.

On 8/29/2018 at 3:50 PM, Alan Simpson said:

A poor transfer window was hoping for a loan signing or 2 ! Think wev actually lost better than brought in certainly at right back seedorf beats Rooney and Vigurs beats the piece of balsa wood also known as Beith! If only we had even small funds a lot of decent players available!

TBF quite a few of the new players were written off at the start of the season, but came through in the end. I liked Seedorf, but he was either really good or very poor, Rooney may end up being consistently steady! Is Beith the new Elbouzedi, seemingly with potential, but never fit enough to show it.  I still wish we had kept Bell.

14 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

TBF quite a few of the new players were written off at the start of the season, but came through in the end. I liked Seedorf, but he was either really good or very poor, Rooney may end up being consistently steady! Is Beith the new Elbouzedi, seemingly with potential, but never fit enough to show it.  I still wish we had kept Bell.

Seedorf another who never really got a run tbf! Hopefully Rooney will improve eh so far he's been shocking! Dunno never seen Beith since he signed does he even exist? True story bud Bell at least had a bit of trickery and movement big White so far has shown all the athleticism of a traffic cone another who can only get better surely! Said months ago fcuk the budget on1 decent player i.e. Storey instead of 3 duds!

• Agree 1

On 8/29/2018 at 10:39 PM, bdu98196 said:

No surprise that after the release of Warren to supposedly allow funds for recruitment we haven't brought in anyone. Reality is that its unlikely anyone will leave as none have performed well enough to get offered more lucrative contracts elsewhere to even contemplate walking away for free - and we certainly cant pay any more guys off. The level of squad we have is what we will need to get used to, lets hope the youth get a chance because they will probably not have a better chance to make the first team.

I can't help thinking the comparative quality of the squad is at the level we were around about 1999-01. With the lack of finances to improve the squad with known quality we will be looking towards bringing through some of the youngsters to progress the club forward over the next few years, its a no brainer.

Is there money still free to spend on wages for new players from the departure of Warren? Maybe we might have to wait until January to find out.

if we are going to "throw in some youngsters" and play the squad on that basis we will all need to be very patient. Another couple of years in championship maybe! By that time maybe the club will be run by people who can attract the investment needed to be a top league club.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Robert said:

Surprised to see Cammy Mackay go on loan to Rothes until January.

I thought he would be our regular back up for Ridgers.

Is Hoban seen as a better prospect now?

Cammy picked up an injury so lost his No2 place. He is better playing than watching and warming up before matches.  Personally i feel the boy will either come back as No2 keeper or he will off.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

Cammy picked up an injury so lost his No2 place. He is better playing than watching and warming up before matches.  Personally i feel the boy will either come back as No2 keeper or he will off.

I agree. He will certainly be kept busy enough between the sticks at Rothes. It could be the making of him.

• Agree 1

I felt really positive at the start of this season after our pre season and bet fred group stages but now after the first few games of the league unable to beat teams down to ten mean for a large portion of a match. Not signing replacements for players that have left I now feel we will be lucky to gain a play off place. Are we turning into falkirk?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

Is there money still free to spend on wages for new players from the departure of Warren? Maybe we might have to wait until January to find out.

That's the point, it was all spin from the club - there isn't, wasn't and never will be the 2 or 3 players brought in with that money. There will have been a settlement for Warren to go how much of the remaining annual salary is unknown, couple that with some of the extended deals of youngsters and needs to cut costs there will be nothing left to invest.

If fans think the captain is away and free up his 'Premiership' wages we might get 2 decent guys in for that money - names we know who have experience - then it helps sell season tickets. Much like last year and the various statememts made and broken then too.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Agree with that if a youngster isn't in the picture game time is vital especially at adult level. However how often over the last few years do we see this - good youngster on the verge of the team sent out, then released on return and we bring in a guy with no better record from another club or down south. Being a GK it's harder as it's only 1 place to fight for but let's hope he gets a chance.

• 11 months later...