Sign in to follow this  
scottishhighlands

The Royal wedding

I suppose some people will never be happy until we get  the banana  Peoples Republic of Caledonia, and have an hard Brexit border stretching from Berwick to Carlisle. 

Because that's whets coming

1 hour ago, Laurence said:

I suppose some people will never be happy until we get  the banana  Peoples Republic of Caledonia, and have an hard Brexit border stretching from Berwick to Carlisle. 

In that case, can we bring the whets on as soon as possible so that we can play our full part in Europe and the wider world while the rump UK remains in splendid isololation led by progressive and forward looking characters like Rees Mogg and John Redwood.

Perhaps you should head south just in case you get trapped on the wrong side of the border.

• Agree 6

Romantic drivel -   If we have a border issue between the Republic and Northern Ireland that would be nothing compared to the issues thrown up by a Brexit border  I mentioned , .   Only  time will tell what the issues will be between England  and   Scotland's border  - All imports will have to be paid for,  Scotland will have a balance of payments problem from day one.   Stand at the side of the road, Count how many cars are built in Scotland. Go in Argus, Tesco,  Asda, or any major store, find goods made in Scotland.   Remember separate from England , Scotland will have to pay its own bills.

No British  treasury to bail  out Scotland,   -  Berlin won't want another Greece ?  No way will England let Scotland have the pound, they are not daft enough to underwrite Scotland's import bill.

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Laurence said:

Romantic drivel -   If we have a border issue between the Republic and Northern Ireland that would be nothing compared to the issues thrown up by a Brexit border  I mentioned , .   Only  time will tell what the issues will be between England  and   Scotland's border  - All imports will have to be paid for,  Scotland will have a balance of payments problem from day one.   Stand at the side of the road, Count how many cars are built in Scotland. Go in Argus, Tesco,  Asda, or any major store, find goods made in Scotland.   Remember separate from England , Scotland will have to pay its own bills.

No British  treasury to bail  out Scotland,   -  Berlin won't want another Greece ?  No way will England let Scotland have the pound, they are not daft enough to underwrite Scotland's import bill.

Perhaps you could enlighten me on just when the pound was England's property to dictate who uses it or not and for your information the British treasury will not be called on to bail out Scotland notwithstanding the fact that North Sea oil from Scottish waters has been bailing out the British treasury to the tune of three hundred billion non English pounds for most of the last forty years.

• Agree 1

On 5/26/2018 at 8:30 PM, Laurence said:

Don't let the big border gate hit yo fat ass on the way out.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

On 5/26/2018 at 8:30 PM, Laurence said:

Serious question Laurence. Why have you chosen to make your life in a nation that you have such contempt and disdain for ?

• Agree 1