The Royal wedding

I suppose some people will never be happy until we get  the banana  Peoples Republic of Caledonia, and have an hard Brexit border stretching from Berwick to Carlisle. 

Because that's whets coming

1 hour ago, Laurence said:

I suppose some people will never be happy until we get  the banana  Peoples Republic of Caledonia, and have an hard Brexit border stretching from Berwick to Carlisle. 

In that case, can we bring the whets on as soon as possible so that we can play our full part in Europe and the wider world while the rump UK remains in splendid isololation led by progressive and forward looking characters like Rees Mogg and John Redwood.

Perhaps you should head south just in case you get trapped on the wrong side of the border.

• Agree 7

• 3 weeks later...

Romantic drivel -   If we have a border issue between the Republic and Northern Ireland that would be nothing compared to the issues thrown up by a Brexit border  I mentioned , .   Only  time will tell what the issues will be between England  and   Scotland's border  - All imports will have to be paid for,  Scotland will have a balance of payments problem from day one.   Stand at the side of the road, Count how many cars are built in Scotland. Go in Argus, Tesco,  Asda, or any major store, find goods made in Scotland.   Remember separate from England , Scotland will have to pay its own bills.

No British  treasury to bail  out Scotland,   -  Berlin won't want another Greece ?  No way will England let Scotland have the pound, they are not daft enough to underwrite Scotland's import bill.

• Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Laurence said:

Romantic drivel -   If we have a border issue between the Republic and Northern Ireland that would be nothing compared to the issues thrown up by a Brexit border  I mentioned , .   Only  time will tell what the issues will be between England  and   Scotland's border  - All imports will have to be paid for,  Scotland will have a balance of payments problem from day one.   Stand at the side of the road, Count how many cars are built in Scotland. Go in Argus, Tesco,  Asda, or any major store, find goods made in Scotland.   Remember separate from England , Scotland will have to pay its own bills.

No British  treasury to bail  out Scotland,   -  Berlin won't want another Greece ?  No way will England let Scotland have the pound, they are not daft enough to underwrite Scotland's import bill.

Perhaps you could enlighten me on just when the pound was England's property to dictate who uses it or not and for your information the British treasury will not be called on to bail out Scotland notwithstanding the fact that North Sea oil from Scottish waters has been bailing out the British treasury to the tune of three hundred billion non English pounds for most of the last forty years.

• Agree 1

On 5/26/2018 at 8:30 PM, Laurence said:

Don't let the big border gate hit yo fat ass on the way out.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

On 5/26/2018 at 8:30 PM, Laurence said:

Serious question Laurence. Why have you chosen to make your life in a nation that you have such contempt and disdain for ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Well

I really don't know why you ask, unless its to make fun of me, but I will tell you,

I am now 75 years of age, I grew up in a time when if you lived in England, people loved Scotland and would go there on holiday whenever they could, my dad was a mill manager, one of the best engineers of working cotton mill machinery there was. He often came up to Paisley to help in maintaining the  mules there. He sometimes brought as well  me when I was quite small.  We had a  car and would pull a caravan, up from Lancashire, and at the age of 10 would visit Inverness.  When I was around 17, years of  I drove my motor bike all round Scotland, I just loved the place. Later on when I got married and had a young child , I visited Scotland and camped .  As I grew into my adult years, we often visited Scotland, and my son rented a cottage in Aberfeldy,, we visited him on many occasions,  He wanted us to move north.  On top of that at the end of the last century, having retired from the Fire Service, and was later, privatised by good old John Major, I'rn a bookshop in Sussex, I realised that was just  the Internet was  now the way to sell books, I was selling more on the Internet than I was selling in the shop. I gave up the lease, and took the books home. I noticed on the Internet that a large property was for sale in Inverness-shire ,  I  bought it because it had a large storage area.   I brought from Sussex  12 thousand books which I have since increased to 34,000 , I gave another 5000 to my son to start his own business .   I am well suited to life in the Scottish village, I Live in, and there is no way at my age am I going to leave, and be driven out by rampant  Nationalists who have no idea the harm they will cause to this beautiful place. 

21 hours ago, Laurence said:

Well

I really don't know why you ask, unless its to make fun of me, but I will tell you,

I am now 75 years of age, I grew up in a time when if you lived in England, people loved Scotland and would go there on holiday whenever they could, my dad was a mill manager, one of the best engineers of working cotton mill machinery there was. He often came up to Paisley to help in maintaining the  mules there. He sometimes brought as well  me when I was quite small.  We had a  car and would pull a caravan, up from Lancashire, and at the age of 10 would visit Inverness.  When I was around 17, years of  I drove my motor bike all round Scotland, I just loved the place. Later on when I got married and had a young child , I visited Scotland and camped .  As I grew into my adult years, we often visited Scotland, and my son rented a cottage in Aberfeldy,, we visited him on many occasions,  He wanted us to move north.  On top of that at the end of the last century, having retired from the Fire Service, and was later, privatised by good old John Major, I'rn a bookshop in Sussex, I realised that was just  the Internet was  now the way to sell books, I was selling more on the Internet than I was selling in the shop. I gave up the lease, and took the books home. I noticed on the Internet that a large property was for sale in Inverness-shire ,  I  bought it because it had a large storage area.   I brought from Sussex  12 thousand books which I have since increased to 34,000 , I gave another 5000 to my son to start his own business .   I am well suited to life in the Scottish village, I Live in, and there is no way at my age am I going to leave, and be driven out by rampant  Nationalists who have no idea the harm they will cause to this beautiful place. 

You mean those rampant Nationalists who simply wish to govern their own affairs like any normal nation, who wish to be fully integrated with their European neighbours rather than the devastating economic and cultural isolationism that is soon to be imposed on us despite voting overwhelmingly against it and those rampant Nationalists who welcome immigration and fully appreciate the economic good that immigrants and refugees bring to the country ?

As dougiedanger says, what a wonderful country for you to have moved to. Just a pity about all those whinging Jocks you have to put up with. They really need to learn their place.

• Agree 3

• 1 month later...

Well, , Laurence, considering your dedication to,  and love for, selling books in Scotland  it seems to be somewhat at odds with the experience I had when I contacted you requesting you to show our (my wife and I) )book..."Destinies in Motion"... on your shelves.

You ignored my contact completely and did not even acknowledge it.

A valid reason for not doing so would have sufficed.  But for you to choose to respond thus was hardly  APPROPRIATE was it?   Especially  from an ICT buddy.

Oh and by the way , my Dad, when he was alive, was born in Yorkshire and my exposure to folks from that area made me feel very good about their gracious respect, sense of humour and all round kindness and good manners.

Over to you...….. from a now blunt Canajin

I did answer you !!! - I explained to you at the time that I was an " out of Print bookseller ",  not a new book shop.  My core business is to recycle old books. especially books with Scottish titles,  I for my sins even sell Nationalist  biased  books which I must admit sell like hot cakes, most of which I read before posting,  So I am well aware of the issues,  probably as well if not better than most on this forum. I still have many on my shelves , if anyone wants them, I am as they say in Yorkshire " I am not a proud chap".

I take your comments as very unfair, Maybe you didn't get my response, if so I can see why you are upset. I have been writing my own book a task I find very demanding, my hat is off to your wife for her hard work.  I think I suggested at the time that you use Amazon, Because if I was to take your book, all I would do is put the book on a on-line platform.

regards Laurence

I am  happy to do that for you Kingsmills.My apologies for going off topic. Anyway, since Laurence won't ever address me by name you can get my drift as to why I bothered to jump in.

Laurence, you may have mentioned what you state on this Forum, but I NEVER received any reply directly from you.Enough!  It's finished. Back to the topic.