COO

Shorty

38 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Is this going to be the long awaited 'Announcement'?

maybe gordon fyfe is a name to consider? I still don't understand the value of his board appointment but he has a football background and survived a "political" career in highland council.

Whoever it is needs to have experience of managing a business which still has an annual turnover in excess of two million pounds. I would also very much prefer it to be someone new to the club bringing in fresh energy and ideas rather than anyone tainted by association with past regimes.

It has to be someone who can justify any remuneration which could otherwise have gone into our limited player budget and have the ability to generate more income than being spent on her or his salary.

• Agree 2

The last few times Ive been in stadium Ive spotted a blonde lady in a suit who Im told is in charge at the moment. I believe her name is Yvonne Crook. Not sure why the club have not told us of Danny's change of role or if indeed this lady is acting COO?

35 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

The last few times Ive been in stadium Ive spotted a blonde lady in a suit who Im told is in charge at the moment. I believe her name is Yvonne Crook. Not sure why the club have not told us of Danny's change of role or if indeed this lady is acting COO?

open and honest policy showing through dont you think

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

Unless there have been further changes within the last few weeks, my understanding of the situation was that SPFL rules obliged Danny to focus only on his Project Brave related roles to the exclusion of his original "bovine" :redcard::lol: role.

In the wake of that, Jim Oliver became commercial and operations manager while Yvonne Crook has been providing consultancy input on branding, marketing and business development.

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Unless there have been further changes within the last few weeks, my understanding of the situation was that SPFL rules obliged Danny to focus only on his Project Brave related roles to the exclusion of his original "bovine" :redcard::lol: role.

In the wake of that, Jim Oliver became commercial and operations manager while Yvonne Crook has been providing consultancy input on branding, marketing and business development.

i am sure others such as Charlie Christie would be quite capable of filling that PB role. Maybe Danny just didn't suit the more general role.

26 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

i am sure others such as Charlie Christie would be quite capable of filling that PB role. Maybe Danny just didn't suit the more general role.

I would have preferred if it had been advertised? Then best candidate appointed

• Agree 4

45 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I would have preferred if it had been advertised? Then best candidate appointed

Yvonne Crook is married to a relation of the Chairman. Nepotism is back at Caley Stadium.

While I knew of this relationship several weeks ago, your comment on nepotism seems a bit harsh at the moment. Give the lady a chance to see how she does, if she fails to perform then your criticism may be justified.

Just now, Huisdean said:

While I knew of this relationship several weeks ago, your comment on nepotism seems a bit harsh at the moment. Give the lady a chance to see how she does, if she fails to perform then your criticism may be justified.

Any idea why the club is keeping her role a secret then? 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Maybe so but it doesn't look at all good particularly in the light of the earlier promises of communication and transparency.

As OCG asks, why hasn't such an important management position been advertised with a view to securing the best candidate in the interests of the club ? Jobs for the girls is no better than jobs for the boys. If Ms Cook was the best qualified for the job after an open recruitment process then well and good and nobody could complain. However, now we will never know whether there might have been a better qualified person interested.Undertakings seem to have been made and not adhered to.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2