Season Ticket

IBM

49 minutes ago, CaleyThistle said:

Could someone marketing ST's in the town centre be an idea? I wonder if the Inverness public in general has any exposure to these being on sale, and surely someone in the Eastgate/High Street handling out leaflets, talking to people etc. might be an idea? 

An excellent idea. Even if it's just for a couple of hours on certain afternoons though I note what OCG says about lack of interest. Shouldn't stop them from trying. Maybe do a tie in with local business as well to help drum up some interest. Get a season ticket and collect a free dream ring from Harry Gows :laugh: 

30 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

I got mine! Interestingly it's no longer a book and tickets it's the scannable card, like a lot of clubs have. Make it a lot easier to get in matchday and easier to carry about 

Very interesting! I used my pals scannable card at Pittodrie over the weekend. Didn't work at all but I'm putting that down to the turnstiles getting stuck and then the machine not letting me scan the card again.

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

An excellent idea. Even if it's just for a couple of hours on certain afternoons though I note what OCG says about lack of interest. Shouldn't stop them from trying. Maybe do a tie in with local business as well to help drum up some interest. Get a season ticket and collect a free dream ring from Harry Gows :laugh: 

Very interesting! I used my pals scannable card at Pittodrie over the weekend. Didn't work at all but I'm putting that down to the turnstiles getting stuck and then the machine not letting me scan the card again.

Certainly not saying they shouldnt try! Tying in with strip launch could be an idea? Unveil new strips in say Eastgate? 

• Agree 1

Ross County have the cards without the scanable entry system (expensive install)...you just show it to the person in the turnstile.  That's all good until you start getting people passing the cards back out for someone else to use as there's no system to record multiple uses.  It's why cards hadn't been phased in previously at our place and hopefully we've got the scanners or the scam covered off.

16 minutes ago, RiG said:

Maybe do a tie in with local business as well to help drum up some interest. Get a season ticket and collect a free dream ring from Harry Gows :laugh: 

How does that tie in with the healthy fans initiatives....

Anyway for a free dream ring id buy rwo!

??

12 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Ross County have the cards without the scanable entry system (expensive install)...you just show it to the person in the turnstile.  That's all good until you start getting people passing the cards back out for someone else to use as there's no system to record multiple uses.  It's why cards hadn't been phased in previously at our place and hopefully we've got the scanners or the scam covered off.

According to the guy there this morning, they are awaiting scanners being fitted? Pretty sure he said that anyway, he also mentioned about some exciting or big news coming up this week at the club, but wouldn't tell us what that was, but did confirm it wasnt Vigurs related :D

Edited by CableGuy

1 minute ago, CableGuy said:

According to the guy there this morning, they are awaiting scanners being fitted? Pretty sure he said that anyway, he also mentioned about some exciting or big news coming up this week at the club, but wouldn't tell us what that was, but did confirm it was Vigurs related :D

Cool...even if just hand scanners and not full entry system it's a step forward.

Don't start with rumoured announcements, you'll have Charlie Bannerman stalking you ?

1 minute ago, CaleyD said:

Cool...even if just hand scanners and not full entry system it's a step forward.

Don't start with rumoured announcements, you'll have Charlie Bannerman stalking you ?

Hahahaha, to make matters worse too I just noticed I typed WAS Vigurs related initially!!!! Doh

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

Certainly not saying they shouldnt try! Tying in with strip launch could be an idea? Unveil new strips in say Eastgate? 

Maybe have a random draw of season ticket holders every week until it's released and they win a new strip?

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

It will be hand scanners according to the lady in the shop. Each will only scan once per game to avoid passing them to others. Presumably the person at the turnstile can manually allow entry if there's some malfunction or breakdown.  

why cant ictfc get a card with the holders picture on it and season ticket details no scanning needed and cant be used by others save a fortune on printing season tickets and can be done with a pc at the stadium in minutes.

6 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

why cant ictfc get a card with the holders picture on it and season ticket details no scanning needed and cant be used by others save a fortune on printing season tickets and can be done with a pc at the stadium in minutes.

Based on say 1400 Season Ticket holders....3 minutes per person....that's 4200 minutes, or 70 hours of work.  One person/camera/machine working full time for 2 weeks....or it would be if you got everyone to show up in a nice organised way at 3 minute intervals and didn't suffer any glitches, hold ups or down time.

still got to be cheaper than the cost of printing season tickets that may or may not be used as well as the environmental cost of using 1400 paper based season tickets..  Then there is the possibility of designing them so they can be used every year and updated to show renewals. Plus if renewing or buying online sending in your own photo would reduce this time. Also it wont take much longer than the current process or buying or renewing.

Edited by MorayJaggie

6 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

still got to be cheaper than the cost of printing season tickets that may or may not be used as well as the environmental cost of using 1400 paper based season tickets..  Then there is the possibility of designing them so they can be used every year and updated to show renewals. Plus if renewing or buying online sending in your own photo would reduce this time. Also it wont take much longer than the current process or buying or renewing.

I admire your environmental credentials but producing much less paper, which can be recycled after all, than a single run of the Inverness Courier is the least of our concerns just at the moment.

14 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

I wasn't making a case for paper books.  Cards are a good idea, I was pointing out that photo cards weren't the easy/quick option you suggested.

9 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Apart from looking like they are trying it doesnt work. 

Ive been involved in stuff like this before including on one occasion giving away free adult tickets to the derby. It was a struggle even to do that. 

Mind you if this was done every weekend in the Town Centre close season, coupled to Season Tickets on installment plans, and maybe cluster ticket packages (2-3 games/family bundles booked at the same time at a small discount) you might get the drip-drip effect, constant publicity building interest, and allowing a long lead-in for that buying decision.

I accept it's hard work though, but small targets say 200- 500 extra purchases over time could make quite a difference.

Edited by Eagle4Caley

53 minutes ago, RiG said:

What advantage would photo cards have over just, erm, normal cards?

The only possible difference for the extra hassle would be that people can't pass their ST card to others when they can't make it. Which actually might put some folk off. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Fraz said:

The only possible difference for the extra hassle would be that people can't pass their ST card to others when they can't make it. Which actually might put some folk off. 

It would put me off, I have 2 kids tickets and my daughter never comes so it means my son can pick a friend to come instead, this friend will generally spend money on merchandise and could well be persuaded to be the next generation of fan. I also work a Sat every so often and if it falls on a home game day and I can't go I give it to one of a selection of friends of mine who again generally get persuaded by the excitement and the atmosphere (OK taken that too far now) and will then buy tickets themselves for subsequent games. Always better having bums on seats, even if its not the right ones 

• Agree 5

10 hours ago, Fraz said:

That would put me off as well. The massive number of postponements and rearranged games last season meant I missed more games than usual but I was able to pass on my ticket to pals who otherwise wouldn't have been able to go themselves so at least it got used.

• Agree 2

Club have now removed info on free Betfred Cup games from website.

At 9.27am they published the article....

20180508_112936.jpg

At 10.31am it said free entry to Betfred Cup games....

Screenshot_20180508-104426_Chrome.jpg

At 11.03am it had been removed....

Screenshot_20180508-113300_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Season Tickets to include Betfred Cup games.

The Betfred Cup information was put up in error. This was brought to our attention and was immediately rectified. The Club apologise for this error.

• Agree 2
  • Facepalm 2

Interesting to note that the underlying  provider of the ticket technology is Ticketmaster .... While I am no great fan of TM for concerts, especially the exorbitant 'service' fees for basically no services, my experience of them for football has been the complete opposite and I have nothing that is not positive to say about it. If that's the way that ICT are going then its a good thing IMHO.

At TFC our season tickets are sent to us as normal paper tickets but many (like me) prefer to keep these pristine in the overall package that we get with our season ticket stuff. The package is usually commemorative or artsy in nature and the tickets are often well worth framing or keeping for posterity (or for our kids or grandkids to sell later !) . As part of our season ticket "membership" we have an online account manager which is provided by Ticketmaster (and is separate to any personal login you may have for TM). This gives you access to your account to print, sell, transfer or give away your tickets. I have been printing PDFs of my tickets since 2007 and it works great. 

Last year the TFC app for iOS and Android added a section to access and manage your season tickets. You can now save them to your iPhone wallet (or Android equivalent) and just have them scanned at the gate with hand scanners or you can use the app to show the gate staff the same thing. It works great (as does taking a screenshot and sending to a friend in a text if they want to use tickets). Its a single use barcode so once its scanned its done. From next year, the option to print tickets on paper is going to be removed (in an effort to discourage touts) and all tickets will be electronic entry. Not sure how they will address those with old style phones, or if there are other concerns but for me and all my friends its a really user friendly and easy system to use. 

I am sure there may be teething troubles ... but once up and running this will be a great thing. I would hope the club do however make it clear you can send your tickets on to friends (if they eventually go down the account manager route) or that you can pass the card to a friend (in the same ticket category) to use as the ticket is already paid for so there should be no harm in 'someone' using it.