Season Ticket

IBM

37 minutes ago, jimmyo said:

The Betfred Cup information was put up in error. This was brought to our attention and was immediately rectified. The Club apologise for this error.

Fair enough. We're already getting a welcome discount from last year's season ticket price. I don't imagine that the club is in any place to give away freebies in a cavalier fashion. I'm more than happy to help the club and pay for cup tickets as one would naturally normally expect. I'd be disappointed if I was alone in that sentiment.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, cif73 said:

Fair enough. We're already getting a welcome discount from last year's season ticket price. I don't imagine that the club is in any place to give away freebies in a cavalier fashion. I'm more than happy to help the club and pay for cup tickets as one would naturally normally expect. I'd be disappointed if I was alone in that sentiment.  

Agreed.

Although, season tickets did include a free Betfred Cup match last season, so removing that this season does cancel out a sizeable chunk of the value from the discount.

It's a bit like taxes....they'll get it out of fans one way or another ?

Saint Johnstone have a partnership with Stagecoach where you can get a half price day ticket on the day of a home game provided you show your season ticket. Maybe ICT could arrange a similar tie up? I know not that many buses go by the ground but it might help fans get into the "city" before the match and get home after it.

41 minutes ago, RiG said:

Saint Johnstone have a partnership with Stagecoach where you can get a half price day ticket on the day of a home game provided you show your season ticket. Maybe ICT could arrange a similar tie up? I know not that many buses go by the ground but it might help fans get into the "city" before the match and get home after it.

I'm not sure what the ST 'benefits' are next season. The letter mentioned it I think but wasn't specific. I assume it's the usual club shop discount and kids Christmas Party.

I've always been surprised we didn't link in with some local businesses and perhaps we could have offered ST holders a discount at their place and offered a free ad hoarding if they pay for it to be made. No cost to the club (plenty spaces), links with local businesses and additional reasons to encouage ST purchase. 

2 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I'm not sure what the ST 'benefits' are next season. The letter mentioned it I think but wasn't specific. I assume it's the usual club shop discount and kids Christmas Party.

I've always been surprised we didn't link in with some local businesses and perhaps we could have offered ST holders a discount at their place and offered a free ad hoarding if they pay for it to be made. No cost to the club (plenty spaces), links with local businesses and additional reasons to encouage ST purchase. 

I've raised a number of suggestions with the club via @RedCard but sadly I don't think too many were followed through. Maybe it was a cost thing or a resource issue but I agree that more tie ins with local businesses would be good be it pubs, bars, bakers, travel firms etc.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

I've raised a number of suggestions with the club via @RedCard but sadly I don't think too many were followed through. Maybe it was a cost thing or a resource issue but I agree that more tie ins with local businesses would be good be it pubs, bars, bakers, travel firms etc.

Don't see how it could be a resource issue these days as we seem to (not that it's been made clear) now have a FT person doing Project Brave, a new COO (Yvonne?), 2 Marketing companies plus someone doing the social media. On top of the previous staff. Jim Oliver I guess is replacing Iain Aulds position. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Fraz said:

Not too upset mysel. £250 over 19 games is £13 a game if all 3 of us make all games (which won't happen) it's about £4.40 each. 

Which is exactly what it was when we were in the premiership as it included one more game ?

7 hours ago, RiG said:

Stagecoach Inverness weren't interested when approached a couple of seasons back.

On 5/8/2018 at 1:38 AM, CableGuy said:

It would put me off, I have 2 kids tickets and my daughter never comes so it means my son can pick a friend to come instead, this friend will generally spend money on merchandise and could well be persuaded to be the next generation of fan. I also work a Sat every so often and if it falls on a home game day and I can't go I give it to one of a selection of friends of mine who again generally get persuaded by the excitement and the atmosphere (OK taken that too far now) and will then buy tickets themselves for subsequent games. Always better having bums on seats, even if its not the right ones 

On 5/8/2018 at 3:40 AM, RiG said:

That would put me off as well. The massive number of postponements and rearranged games last season meant I missed more games than usual but I was able to pass on my ticket to pals who otherwise wouldn't have been able to go themselves so at least it got used.

To add to my previous posts .... just went to print my tickets for tonight's TFC game and this is what TFC offer as options for each ticket, works well

2018-05-09_12-10-47.jpg

Ticketmaster's old system was an absolute joke and I think we've been waiting about 2.5 years for this promised new system (if not longer).

The re-sell probably isn't going to be a big feature for us as we're not selling out games to create the need for it, but if we make use of things like Print at Home etc, then not only will it make it easier for fans, but it should reduce pressure on ticket office on match days (and other times).  That will mean a possible reduction in footfall in the shop...but if there's fewer people crowding the place out with ticket issues, then hopefully it encourages people to come in for a browse (and buy) that might otherwise have just walked past and not risked the crush.

See for match days it might be worth putting up a merchandise shop inside the north stand at the corner of the main stand as a lot of folk come from the car park and under the bridge and head straight inside the ground.  A small tent with some basic merchandise like scarves, hats etc.

Edited by MorayJaggie
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

The re-sell probably isn't going to be a big feature for us as we're not selling out games to create the need for it, 

Dont think its a big thing for TFC fans either ... The club and TicketMaster both take a cut so the ticket holder gets pennies and its applied to your account as a credit for next year !!!  Anyone selling just does it on the fan forums with all supporters groups agreeing that the rickets are sold at face value or less. Club are supportive of this it seems. I have electronically transferred tickets a few times (most times i just email the PDF) and I have donated a couple of times but mainly I just use the print option ... although this year I have made more use of the QR code based ticket that comes in the phone app. 

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

Stagecoach Inverness weren't interested when approached a couple of seasons back.

Disappointing to hear that. might encourage more people to actually use their services in Inverness.

4 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

See for match days it might be worth putting up a merchandise shop inside the north stand corner or the main stand as a lot of folk come from the car park and under the bridge and head straight inside the ground.  A small tent with some basic merchandise like scarves, hats etc.

I have always thought that multiple food sellers should be allowed to sell their wares in the gaps at each end of the various stands. More vendors means more competition and (if you are lucky) better quality and perhaps lower prices .... as well as shorter queues. Adding small merchandise stands where fans enter in larger numbers is also a good idea. Maybe a stall that just sells scarves and hats or one that has other limited merchandise. 

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I have always thought that multiple food sellers should be allowed to sell their wares in the gaps at each end of the various stands. More vendors means more competition and (if you are lucky) better quality and perhaps lower prices .... as well as shorter queues. Adding small merchandise stands where fans enter in larger numbers is also a good idea. Maybe a stall that just sells scarves and hats or one that has other limited merchandise. 

Prices wouldn't change. One of the vendors there was told to put his prices up by the club to be more in line with the club's own fare. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Prices wouldn't change. One of the vendors there was told to put his prices up by the club to be more in line with the club's own fare. 

then maybe they should re-think it ? I am sure someone will correct me if wrong but I understood that the current mob pay a fee to the club regardless of how much or little they sell? They rent the space, the rest is up to them. The club really has no risk involved so I dont see why the would be setting prices?  

If that is not how it works then perhaps it should? rent out multiple retail spaces within the stadium on a matchday for a fee and let the vendors fight it out in terms of price or quality.

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:

then maybe they should re-think it ? I am sure someone will correct me if wrong but I understood that the current mob pay a fee to the club regardless of how much or little they sell? They rent the space, the rest is up to them. The club really has no risk involved so I dont see why the would be setting prices?  

If that is not how it works then perhaps it should? rent out multiple retail spaces within the stadium on a matchday for a fee and let the vendors fight it out in terms of price or quality.

It must be in their contract that they can set prices stadium wide? One of the vendors told me he was so embarrassed about what he had to charge for drinks he went and bought bigger cups to try to make up for it! 

• Agree 1

The club have no say on prices, they rent the space/rights to sell food to fans to Centreplate....any other vendors on site sub let their space from them.  If there is any conditions placed on pricing, then they would be set by Centreplate.

No reason why it couldn't be renegotiated at renewal if the club felt there was a a deal which was as profitable (or better) and offered improved service to fans.

What I would add....stadium catering is not as attractive a proposition as it sounds.  20ish days a year....mostly at weekends when mobile vendors will possibly have the chance to do more lucrative events and festivals, which means you won't get a commitment to cover all games.  Larger concerns will want what Centreplate currently have in terms of an agreement that protects their position...working for pennies to compete with one man bands will be more hassle than it's worth for them.

17 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

The club have no say on prices, they rent the space/rights to sell food to fans to Centreplate....any other vendors on site sub let their space from them.  If there is any conditions placed on pricing, then they would be set by Centreplate.

No reason why it couldn't be renegotiated at renewal if the club felt there was a a deal which was as profitable (or better) and offered improved service to fans.

What I would add....stadium catering is not as attractive a proposition as it sounds.  20ish days a year....mostly at weekends when mobile vendors will possibly have the chance to do more lucrative events and festivals, which means you won't get a commitment to cover all games.  Larger concerns will want what Centreplate currently have in terms of an agreement that protects their position...working for pennies to compete with one man bands will be more hassle than it's worth for them.

Yes I knew it was Centreplate. Sorry didnt make that clear 

I thought we used Lindleys. Must have changed and shock horror nothing was said. 

Either way the club's serveries are appalling both in price and quality. At least the Tastyness guy supplies decent homemade food. 

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I thought we used Lindleys. Must have changed and shock horror nothing was said. 

Either way the club's serveries are appalling both in price and quality. At least the Tastyness guy supplies decent homemade food. 

Lindley were bought over by Centerplate a while back.

5 hours ago, CaleyD said:

We have opened talks with Stagecoach again. Early days but they are keen to do something

• Agree 3