Season Ticket

IBM

7 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Will we scan the tickets this doing away with the need of a turnstile operator? 

Yes to scanning...but it will be scanned by a turnstile operator.

Unmanned entry has caused a lot of clubs a lot of issues and most maintain a human presence at turnstiles as a result.

• Agree 1

Scanned tickets in all sorts of sports and events over here ... and whether its PDF, real ticket or a QR code on a smartphone ... the one constant seems to be that its hand scanned with a simple barcode reader. Dont think I have entered a sporting event or a concert without that.  

Only place I recall scanning any form of entry card or paperwork in an unmanned fashion is in a few airports where they have those gates to get from one area to the next and half the time those entry gates still dont work .. requiring manual intervention from the (usually bored) staff member nearby for just such an occurrence. 

21 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Scanned tickets in all sorts of sports and events over here ... and whether its PDF, real ticket or a QR code on a smartphone ... the one constant seems to be that its hand scanned with a simple barcode reader. Dont think I have entered a sporting event or a concert without that.  

Only place I recall scanning any form of entry card or paperwork in an unmanned fashion is in a few airports where they have those gates to get from one area to the next and half the time those entry gates still dont work .. requiring manual intervention from the (usually bored) staff member nearby for just such an occurrence. 

Several clubs in Scotland have scanning turnstiles Scotty. There is always a steward on hand to assist though. 

I guess they just dont totally trust the technology over here then .... although it may also - in part - be a security issue too. As most of the professional leagues  (MLS, MLB, NBA, and of course NFL) are American run then they have this over-riding 'september 11' mentality that makes entry to a sporting event almost tighter than airport security !!! The same rules apply in Canada despite the more relaxed laws. 

... I am always that guy who the turnstile or airport gate or other automated entry method doesnt work for .... which reminds me we do have the automated entry to the subway (tube) here and that sometimes gives me hassle too !!! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mcdonnell761 said:

Just so everyone is aware, there is a mis-print on the letter with the season tickets. The address to register your card is https://ictfc.tickethour.co.uk not the address printer on the back of the letter.

I could be wrong here but I don't think that is a link to activate the actual card, that's been done already. The link is simply to activate your online account so you can order tickets for cup games early etc so unless you can't buy at the club it's not really necessary 

52 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

My 2 kids got there's last week mine however has still not shown up any1 else had problems?

No.

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Ye picked it up was sent back from my old address happy days COYC!

Thank goodness for that. I have been worried all week about it. 

Quick question if anyone can help. I’ve just bought the ticket for the Raith game using this method it’s classed as a mobile ticket does that mean it’s added to my season ticket card or do I show my mobile phone at the checkout 

an oldies question for all you young uns? 

1 hour ago, jagster said:

Quick question if anyone can help. I’ve just bought the ticket for the Raith game using this method it’s classed as a mobile ticket does that mean it’s added to my season ticket card or do I show my mobile phone at the checkout 

an oldies question for all you young uns? 

You will need to go into your ticket account online and you will find your e ticket for the Raith game there in the form of a QR code. It will not be added to your season ticket. I thought this is what happened but Minique in the shop explained that they haven't quite got everything set up properly just yet. So yeah, make sure you have your phone on you for the game next Tuesday.

• Agree 1

I’ve gone online and under orders/reservations it says order confirmed at the top and the picture I’ve enclosed is the bottom half but if I touch on eticket nothing happens and the Guide just opens a blank page I’ve tried this on an iPhone and iPad with no success no sign of a qr code 

3245989A-981D-4FA2-AB52-30C2BC31A03A.png

16 hours ago, jagster said:

I’ve gone online and under orders/reservations it says order confirmed at the top and the picture I’ve enclosed is the bottom half but if I touch on eticket nothing happens and the Guide just opens a blank page I’ve tried this on an iPhone and iPad with no success no sign of a qr code 

3245989A-981D-4FA2-AB52-30C2BC31A03A.png

Hmm, maybe it doesn't generated until the day of the game? If it's not somewhere in your profile on the day of the game pop down to the club shop before the game and they will help you out.

IBM..? But you are an oldie aren't you?

Remember when we did not even possess any kind of phone, like in the 1950's.  Nor a  T.V.  Nor a bike. And a bus ride to the Academy cost me a penny . And I got in to the Caley Park at Telford Street for 6 pence.  And a poke of fish and chips was about 6 pence to one shilling.

Goodness, how I miss those days …………...?