Season Ticket

IBM

1 hour ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

IBM..? But you are an oldie aren't you?

Remember when we did not even possess any kind of phone, like in the 1950's.  Nor a  T.V.  Nor a bike. And a bus ride to the Academy cost me a penny . And I got in to the Caley Park at Telford Street for 6 pence.  And a poke of fish and chips was about 6 pence to one shilling.

Goodness, how I miss those days …………...?

That's a bit of a debate, while I am slightly older than jagster but a lot younger than Scarlet and still pay full price for my season ticket and I am of course young at heart :lol: 

We did have a TV in the late 60's but didn't get a phone installed in the house till the 70's and were all told we were not allowed to use it as it was for other people to phone us ?

23 hours ago, IBM said:

That's a bit of a debate, while I am slightly older than jagster but a lot younger than Scarlet and still pay full price for my season ticket and I am of course young at heart :lol: 

We did have a TV in the late 60's but didn't get a phone installed in the house till the 70's and were all told we were not allowed to use it as it was for other people to phone us ?

my first bike was from the scrappies  and my grandpa put racing handlebars on it. i thought I was Archie.

My first bike was one which my father built for me and  then, one fine day, a brand new Vindec appeared on my birthday to my complete astonishment.

Was I ever chuffed because it was a cross between a standard bike and a racer. And according to my mammy I went like the wind up and down Dunain Road. Whee! . i.e Until that fateful day at the end of WW2 when on a rainy day I was careering down the street on what I remember to be "VICTORY DAY" and hit the manhole cover covered in rain near the carse. Rammed on the brakes and catapulted head forward for a very unpleasant meeting with the tarmac and a bloody nose. The lesson I learned that day was  a good one "Go faster, boy, and don't hit the brakes!!"?   YESS!!!!!

11 hours ago, caleyboy said:

my first bike was from the scrappies  and my grandpa put racing handlebars on it. i thought I was Archie.

I thought you were Archie too. Are you his brother?