New kit?

cif73

34 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Why are we having a kit launch and a meet and greet thing at 9am on a Wednesday?  Most people will be at work apart from nightshifters and the unemployed and kids (who kits and these events are mainly aimed at) will be at school?

Assume its when Errea lorry available? Was same last year with one day provided only. 

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

Why are we having a kit launch and a meet and greet thing at 9am on a Wednesday?  Most people will be at work apart from nightshifters and the unemployed and kids (who kits and these events are mainly aimed at) will be at school?

Mind your back....Kingsmills will be after you for turning a positive in to a negative ?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

I said a similar thing on Facebook. Great that they're doing a launch with meeting the players etc. However, I'd love to take my kids along but 9am on a Wednesday? Maybe possible in the holidays but as much as I like ICT I won't be take a day off work and my kids out of school for it. Very odd time imo. 

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Renegade said:

9A4FAA90-81AC-4A25-BD3B-908D866970A4.jpeg.d8265b6553b73632be2882b0073049c7.jpeg

Quite a radical new design which will take some time getting used to.  I'll give it  ? for the moment.

The launch is on from 9am to 5pm so maybe the school kids can get there after school.

Edited by Kind of Blue
  • Agree 2

at first glance I would say I like it, although the small picture makes it hard to tell close up. My biggest question would be why we are changing both kits in the same year? If it is some kind of 're-jig' to get back into sync after the Carbrini debacle then fair enough, but if it is for any other reason then thats wrong !

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

Quite a radical new design which will take some time getting used to.  I'll give it  ? for the moment.

The launch is on from 9am to 5pm so maybe the school kids can get there after school.

Whilst I would have preferred stripes, I actually like both the home and away kits. Pleased to see the use of blue, red and black on the home kit. A thumbs up from me.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Scotty said:

at first glance I would say I like it, although the small picture makes it hard to tell close up. My biggest question would be why we are changing both kits in the same year? If it is some kind of 're-jig' to get back into sync after the Carbrini debacle then fair enough, but if it is for any other reason then thats wrong !

Agreed and I said the same earier, smells a bit like milking the fans. Other than a manufacturer change (which this isn't) there's no need to change both. Hope we don't do the same again at the end of this season. 

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Agreed and I said the same earier, smells a bit like milking the fans. Other than a manufacturer change (which this isn't) there's no need to change both. Hope we don't do the same again at the end of this season. 

I have no problem adding a replica top purchase to my season ticket every year even though I may be way too old for it. There is a feel good in a new kit and the club's money has to be supplemented from somewhere. 

44 minutes ago, Scotty said:

somebody is in trouble ... the pictures were supposed to be embargoed until midnight !

A journalist put the picture up but soon took it down however not before it was shared by a number of other accounts. The club have since revealed the kit a bit earlier than planned it seems! 

Just now, cif73 said:

I have no problem adding a replica top purchase to my season ticket every year even though I may be way too old for it. There is a feel good in a new kit and the club's money has to be supplemented from somewhere. 

What the club should have done in my opinion is do a tie in with the new strip. Buy a season ticket on the day and, for a limited period, get X% off the new strip. I know ST get this anyway but maybe it would encourage some more folk to sign up for a ST. 

In addition, anyone who has bought a season ticket gets entered into a weekly draw to win either the new home or away strip. 

Maybe they're doing this and I've just not noticed of course!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Good on you. Yes, 'A' replica strip not two new ones plus 2 shorts and 2 pairs of socks plus in my case times 2 kids (don't buy for myself anymore, too old). I would buy a polo shirt for myself in place of that but the Errea ones are always too small. 

• Agree 1