Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if there will be a new kit for 2018-19 and, if so, when it will be released?

I'm figuring that there will be given the discounts available on the old kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be a potential change of manufacturer?  The club has put out an image of Daniel McKay officially signing his contract and I couldn't help notice he was in a Macron polo shirt with the ICT badge on it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youth's had Macron (generic) kit.

The Errea deal is for 4 minimum years.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaleyD said:

Youth's had Macron (generic) kit.

The Errea deal is for 4 minimum years.

Ah, that makes sense.  Need to get that young out of youth kit however.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes indeed, seems both strips are changing. Not a huge fan of that, feels needless. Much prefer changing the home one year then away the next (unless of course you have to with a manufacturer change). Feels a wee bit like trying to milk the fans imo. 

Please let's stick with some form of stripes for the home kit. 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hiro said:

Ah, that makes sense.  Need to get that young out of youth kit however.

Errea pay good money to supply first team kit....so a bit of a slip by whoever's responsible for such things these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Please let's stick with some form of stripes for the home kit. 

Depends how big you like your stripes 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an advert in the Courier Executive magazine which says the new strip will be delivered on 23/5/18 at the stadium.  Make of that what you will.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kind of Blue said:

There's an advert in the Courier Executive magazine which says the new strip will be delivered on 23/5/18 at the stadium.  Make of that what you will.

Sounds like the new strip will be coming in around the 23rd of May this year.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cif73 said:

Does anyone know if there will be a new kit for 2018-19 and, if so, when it will be released?

I'm figuring that there will be given the discounts available on the old kit.

If there is a new kit, lets NOT have red, white & blue on the home strip, please!! Too reminiscent of a certain dysfynctional club from Govan for my liking...

The stripes are good though...just have black, instead of white (like our home top from a few seasons ago, looked good with red, blue & black stripes).

By all means, have white on the away top....just not the home one!

By the way, having bought a Macron Scotland Rugby top, their sizing is on a par with Errea.....think Italians must be the skinniest people on Earth!

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caley and Palace have certainly come up with quite a few variations of the red and blue and stripes over the years...here's Palace's new kit, the white 'sash' kit also appears every so often, and always has our fans dribbling with desire. The yellow trim on the home kit is somewhat controversial, although the history of it goes back to the 60's.

I liked all of Caley's recent home kits.

Palace home 2018_19.png

Palace away 2018_19.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

palace style seems ok to me

As long as we don't look like a The Rangers tribute group as we all too often have in the past.

A stylish variation on red and blue vertical stripes with black trim will do nicely and reflect our heritage and, at least as far as Scotland is concerned, unique identity.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Home kit - 50% blue, 50 % red. Green, purple and gold piping representing eagle and thistle from club badge. Fair split of colours.

Away kit - same but black and white as main colours. 50% split of those also. Same piping as above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

As long as we don't look like a The Rangers tribute group as we all too often have in the past.

A stylish variation on red and blue vertical stripes with black trim will do nicely and reflect our heritage and, at least as far as Scotland is concerned, unique identity.

I really don't think we've had many if any shirts that could be seen to be a rangers top. 

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2018 at 9:34 AM, Eagle4Caley said:

Caley and Palace have certainly come up with quite a few variations of the red and blue and stripes over the years...here's Palace's new kit, the white 'sash' kit also appears every so often, and always has our fans dribbling with desire. The yellow trim on the home kit is somewhat controversial, although the history of it goes back to the 60's.

I liked all of Caley's recent home kits.

Palace home 2018_19.png

Palace away 2018_19.png

I quite like the home Palace top - it would be ideal, just swap the yellow for black!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I really don't think we've had many if any shirts that could be seen to be a rangers top. 

We've had several! Stripes do help, though...

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only one I can think of would be the championship winning shirt from 2003-04 being similar to one of theirs from the season before. All the rest I don't see a resemblance.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never really got the 'we look like Rangers' thing either. 

That said have stripes as a consistent thing does help create an identity that is unique in Scotland as far as I know. Plus if done right they look better than some random mess akin to the upholstery on a D&E coach. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I've never really got the 'we look like Rangers' thing either. 

That said have stripes as a consistent thing does help create an identity that is unique in Scotland as far as I know. Plus if done right they look better than some random mess akin to the upholstery on a D&E coach. 

The 2003-04 looked pretty much like a Rangers top from a few years earlier, and the top from 2008-10 was a bit like it could have been Rangers too. 

For me, red and blue stripes act as a differentiator. 

That said, the white Palace strip, with the red/blue sash would be a cracking away strip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be happy with the Palace home and away kits too. As said above, just replace the yellow piping with black.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

The only one I can think of would be the championship winning shirt from 2003-04 being similar to one of theirs from the season before. All the rest I don't see a resemblance.

When wearing our 1st premier league top in Aberdeen once, I was asked if I was a Rangers fan! Luckily it was a friendly old boy, but could have been nasty.....

In fairness, I was wearing a jacket over the top which obscured the red sleeves...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see red and blue stripes for home and black with thin red stripes for away.

As much as I like my white away tops I do feel like its copying Clach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.