Confirmed

Bronson

Very disappointed to see Vigurs leave, he has been outstanding this season.

Of course the "fans" who constantly shouted abuse at him in the first half of the season will be happy now and can turn their rancid hatred back to Polworth who will no doubt follow......

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

We have also signed Walsh from Dumbarton and Beith swap in replacement for Mulraney. Money freed up and two young players who will want to prove their worth and have experience at this level. Cant see the negative here.  But yes I agree Vigurs did well for us over the season and goes with my best.

• Agree 1

Yes, I agree with Caman, discipline should be better.  We just need Polworth and Warren to keep their cool and it should be miles better than this season.  Couldn't be a lot worse mind you.  I think it was the main thing which contributed to our dismal first half of the season.

So, onwards and upwards!

Mulraney has over the last 2 years unfortunately failed to improve, when the Premiership may have been to high a level he hasn't lit up the Championship either. Blistering pace but lack of final product lets him down. Might be a coup for Hearts if they can introduce technical skills and worth the gamble at their level - pace isn't something you can teach but technique is, its whether he has the temperament to learn it. From what we've seen the money may be better used elsewhere.

Vigurs has patchy form but over the tail end of the season did show that he is an asset, but if the decision comes down to money then we cant compete with RC and as an individual he has to do his best for his family. He's not a player that cant be replaced and I think given time Trafford may be the man who steps into those shoes. The biggest loss this summer (so far) but we should still be able to progress over last season.

Those citing Polly to leave then its not a huge loss. He's had a significant number of games over the years and at times looks lost on the park. While capable of lighting up games it doesn't happen often enough, perhaps we need to find him a position that suits him. I'm not sure he's a central mid as he doesn't track back so its whether he would be better further forwards as a number 10 but then does that suit our formation. We have given him much more game time than any other youngsters over the last 5 years and I'm not sure he is delivering on the early promise - he needs to step up more and show his real ability otherwise he will end up spending much of his career jobbing along like many Scottish players in the Championship. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 4

3 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Yes, I agree with Caman, discipline should be better.  We just need Polworth and Warren to keep their cool and it should be miles better than this season.  Couldn't be a lot worse mind you.  I think it was the main thing which contributed to our dismal first half of the season.

So, onwards and upwards!

Thank you my good man. But,

pretty sure Brad Mckay came very close to matching Vigurs card wise last season. Last ditch clumsy tackles mainly to blame as opposed to mouthing off. 

Not too bothered to see jake go, he hasn’t done a himuge amount in his time with the club so no loss there. 

Vigurs will be badly missed though! Clearly our best player throughout the season and very disappointed he is going, especially to county. No doubt he was offered more money and money talks! It would be poetic justice if we go up and county don’t next season. 

• Agree 1

I truly despair at folk on here's views of Vigurs.  He is a superb footballer and will be a huge loss to us - anyone who thinks otherwise clearly doesn't really get football at all.  More worryingly this appears to be a very visible attempt by our neighbours to lay down  a marker for next season and beyond.   A much as I enjoyed their demise on Saturday I fear they will be going large on an immediate return to the Premiership.  We appear to be shopping at Aldi and they are clearly intent on melting their plastic in M&S. 

Edited by ymip
  • Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, ymip said:

I truly despair at folk on here's views of Vigurs.  He is a superb footballer and will be a huge loss to us - anyone who thinks otherwise clearly doesn't really get football at all.  More worryingly this appears to be a very visible attempt by our neighbours to lay down  a marker for next season and beyond.   A much as I enjoyed their demise on Saturday I fear they will be going large on an immediate return to the Premiership.  We appear to be shopping at Aldi and they are clearly intent of melting their plastic in M&S. 

We can't spend money we don't have even though we would rather him stay!

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, ymip said:

I truly despair at folk on here's views of Vigurs.  He is a superb footballer and will be a huge loss to us - anyone who thinks otherwise clearly doesn't really get football at all.  More worryingly this appears to be a very visible attempt by our neighbours to lay down  a marker for next season and beyond.   A much as I enjoyed their demise on Saturday I fear they will be going large on an immediate return to the Premiership.  We appear to be shopping at Aldi and they are clearly intent of melting their plastic in M&S. 

Penny wise, Pound foolish. 

Aldi is value for money and sufficient. A shop for the people.

M&S is pretentitious, snobby and thinks it's 'it'. Financially secure? Mmmmm? A shop being run on false pretences?

I know where I'd rather go.  

Edited by Guest

Just now, Caman said:

Penny wise, Pound foolish. 

Aldi is value for money and sufficient. Well run and has a solid financial base. A shop for the people.

M&S is pretentitious, snobby and thinks it's 'it'. Financially secure? Mmmmm? A shop being run on false pretences?

I know where I'd rather go.  

Completely agree, for the club to compete with the offer County have given Vigurs, wed effectively have nothing left to sign anyone else. We cannot compete with the level of finance that county have especially at this point in time. The Championship, as we've all realised is a different beast completely and the type of player that flourishes in it, is the young hungry enthusiastic and most importantly cheap players, who are fighting for their recognition. PL stalwarts like Vigurs, still want to play the slow paced tactical ball retention play, whereas teams like STM and Livi were displaying early on, just how quickly they could break from a mislaid ball and quickly get up the park and score. I don't want this to sound like sour grapes, I liked Vigurs too and would really have preferred him to stay, but it is what it is, he's made his decision, the club were powerless to stop him, its what he wanted and even if they had offered him more or somehow got him to stay, we'd effectively end up with the same situation we got from Tansey after his initial move to Aberdeen was blocked. Is that really what anyone would want?

• Agree 3

Vigurs was a great player for us last season, deserved his Player of the Year awards but he was always going to take a bigger offer.  He's 30 years old, this could likely be his last long term deal.  

19 minutes ago, ymip said:

We appear to be shopping at Aldi and they are clearly intent on melting their plastic in M&S. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/aldi-whisky-world-best-ranking-glen-marnoch-speyside-single-malt-scotch-glenlivet-a7896116.html

?

• Agree 1

I'm sorry to see both Vigurs and Mulraney go... but we'll get over it, Vigurs has obviously been offered a better deal and he lives in Dingwall, so good luck to him. However can it be said that either Draper or Tansey have pulled up trees at RC?

Angus Beith could be a canny move, and Trafford/Chalmers/Polworth/Calder are a decent mix as well

Mulraney is more of a player who didn't really perform at the level or at a consistency I felt was in him....but we'll get to see more of Elbouzedi, and Doran is a more effective and potent player than Jake.... plus Walsh seems highly rated.

We seem to have pretty much sorted things out good and early...bodes better for next season, compared to the shambles last year.

BTW 50p says Vigurs gets sent off at least once against us!

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, AncientMariner said:

Of course the "fans" who constantly shouted abuse at him in the first half of the season will be happy now and can turn their rancid hatred back to Polworth who will no doubt follow......

Disappointing news and it's never good to hear players being abused by our own fans.

However, Vigurs did not move to County because of a bit of stick from the stands. At the age of thirty, he moved for more money and an equally long deal without having the upheaval of having to relocate.

I have no issue with him doing that but I sincerely hope that he is playing lower league football for at least a year longer than those who have chosen to remain.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, AncientMariner said:

Couldn't agree more - those who have spent the last couple of seasons hurling abuse at Vigurs must be feeling proud now...who could blame him for not staying!

Yes, I'm hacked off that he's going over the bridge...but I don't blame him for doing so. He is getting a 3yr deal, on (probably) more cash & he doesn't have to move away - it's a no brainer for him!

Vigurs is the beneficiary of Uncle Roy's endless desire to get one over on us!!

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Disappointing news and it's never good to hear players being abused by our own fans.

However, Vigurs did not move to County because of a bit of stick from the stands. At the age of thirty, he moved for more money and an equally long deal without having the upheaval of having to relocate.

I have no issue with him doing that but I sincerely hope that he is playing lower league football for at least a year longer than those who have chosen to remain.

We should focus on welcoming Tom Walsh & Angus Beith - 2 young midfielders - to the club & not get ourselves worked up about Vigurs leaving..

Vigurs is gone - all the best, Iain & hope we're back in the top flight before you are...

• Agree 3

13 minutes ago, SMEE said:

For the record,  I think both can and will be replaced

Of course they can be replaced, no one is irreplaceable.

However, we will be hard pushed indeed to find another player of Vigurs quality and commitment on the level of salary we can now afford. He is, without doubt, a loss.

• Agree 1

Doom and gloom merchants follow this post. Bump your gums about the past and those departed.

Positive thinking chaps and chapesses follow my Angus Beith and Tom Walsh post and rejoice the future.

?

Edited by Guest