Jekyll or Hyde?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44129307

So what will Rangers' defence be here? The one they use to absolve themselves of their previous debts as opposed to the one they use to "justify" the continuation of their titles, I imagine? In other words "we are now a different club so it's nothing to do with us" as opposed to "we are still the same club so we keep the titles"?

Edited by Charles Bannerman

The old Wimbledon, now MK Dons have returned  the FA cup trophy and the Amateur cup trophies they won as the previous franchise to the  Merton District Town Hall   (  which takes in Wimbledon )  as they feel it was inappropriate  to keep them.

I do wonder, Charles will know ?,  Are the trophies won by our two former clubs,  residing in The Inverness museum, or similar place  - If the example to be followed by Wimbledon, is the correct approach or not  ? 

16 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44129307

So what will Rangers' defence be here? The one they use to absolve themselves of their previous debts as opposed to the one they use to "justify" the continuation of their titles, I imagine? In other words "we are now a different club so it's nothing to do with us" as opposed to "we are still the same club so we keep the titles"?

People associated with the Ibrox set up just get more and more  vile and hypocritical.  It is reported today that lawyers for The Rangers have informed the Solicitor representing a man who claims he was sexually abused at Ibrox in the 1980s that he should contact the liquidators as the duty of care is not with the current owners.

The current club is happy to take ownership of the record of success of the previous club and it's employees, but not of  the actions of it's employees which have caused financial and personal suffering to others. The lawyers in this latest case may well be legally correct in the response they have given, but if so, then surely it is time that the SFA played them at their own game and made it clear that none of the trophies and titles of the previous club belong to the club currently occupying Ibrox.  

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

My goodness. I find myself in concurrence with Charles Bannerman. I sincerely hope that it's not habit forming.

? Only a lawyer could find themselves "in concurrence with" what they would presumably also refer to as "another party"! 

But to remain with Rangers......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44126217

....presumably any queries about how many titles they've won should also be referred to the Liquidators?

• Agree 1

I take it then that the team now playing as  "Rangers" , is a new Limited Company, and as no connection with the team, formerly known as " Rangers",   . If so can the media stop referring to  past matches and  records of the former " Rangers ".

If it is a new club as we all believe including the Rangers board,. Then  all previous records etc. of  the old club  should not be referred too  i.e.  Talking of the number of cups won, or wins against Celtic.  Maybe it is the media who need to wake up to the fact that  old club playing as "Rangers", is gone. 

• Agree 1