The Pre-Season Thread

Renegade

Currently 1-1 at Nairn, with them levelling an early Oakley goal. Largely a young team, with only Tremarco, McCart, Trafford, Elbouzedi, Whyte and Oakley starting of our likely first 18.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

A strong team this for the Clach game this afternoon, and Tim Chow is a starter......

Was Chow any good? He gave away the foul that led to Clach goal I see. 

Thought Chow was decent enough, kept the ball and made some decent runs and passes. I would take him. Decent performance from all, especially young Daniel what a player he is and that goal was sublime. Massive player for the future. Doran had a great game too and bossed the midfield and directed the guys well. Thought polworth was shocking today, I can't remember him connecting one pass or playing a decent set piece. He is great at mazy runs but he very quickly runs himself into trouble and passes to the opposition every time. Thought Rooney looked good and played the RB role well, whilst still playing up the park and pushing forward. Silly tackle from Brad, and then even sillier reaction to the player he fouled. Can't expect not to get a reaction from a 2 footed jump in. Great promising play from the youngsters too, especially Cameron harper and Ross Gunn. 

I thought the team played well enough today, once they got into their stride. Ìt was interesting to see some of the players for the first time. Harper had a good solid game at left back and I thought Chow looked decent in the middle, Rooney had some good runs down the right, but his final ball needs to be better. The man of the match for me has to be Daniel Mackay. This lad is going to be some player, his runs off the ball and his control on the ball is fantastic. I think he will be a big player for ICT this season. Austin looked sharp as well, he has good feet and can turn on a sixpence. It will be interesting to see what starting eleven will start the first competitive match of the new season. Also great to see Doran getting a good pre season injury free, he was captain today and had a good solid game.

9 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I thought the team played well enough today, once they got into their stride. Ìt was interesting to see some of the players for the first time. Harper had a good solid game at left back and I thought Chow looked decent in the middle, Rooney had some good runs down the right, but his final ball needs to be better. The man of the match for me has to be Daniel Mackay. This lad is going to be some player, his runs off the ball and his control on the ball is fantastic. I think he will be a big player for ICT this season. Austin looked sharp as well, he has good feet and can turn on a sixpence. It will be interesting to see what starting eleven will start the first competitive match of the new season. Also great to see Doran getting a good pre season injury free, he was captain today and had a good solid game.

I agree. Daniel McKay is going to be some player and will, no doubt, move onwards and upwards to further his career but it will be a privilege to watch him develop and would be great if when he left it was after helping us back into the Premiership and for a seven figure fee.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

I agree. Daniel McKay is going to be some player and will, no doubt, move onwards and upwards to further his career but it will be a privilege to watch him develop and would be great if when he left it was after helping us back into the Premiership and for a seven figure fee.

Daniel McKay reminds me so much of a young Charlie Christie he even runs in a similar fashion 

7 minutes ago, Downinthedumps said:

Daniel McKay reminds me so much of a young Charlie Christie he even runs in a similar fashion 

Yes and to the same extent Ryan, your right he runs exactly like they did and actually looks very much like Ryan from a distance quite uncanny 

I always feel we should play stronger teams pre season.

Invariably ICT do a Highland tour : other teams are playing teams a few levels above the HL (no disrespect). Surely puts us at a wee bit of a disadvantage and perhaps contributes to our far too often slow start?

On 6/21/2018 at 6:56 PM, Downinthedumps said:

Home to Aberdeen July 11th fiver to get in 

I can't see many fans turning up for this one now, especially as a good chunk of our support these days seems to be English. 

8 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I can't see many fans turning up for this one now, especially as a good chunk of our support these days seems to be English. 

English, Scottish or from Mars. Doesn't matter if they support ICT and back the team. Surely the fact that incomers  to the area develop a loyalty to the local football club can only be a good thing.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hearach said:

Has anyone heard that Brora game being changed to 18th?  Hope not as was looking forward to my fish supper in Golspie beforehand.

We play at Cowdenbeath on the17th in the Betfred Cup.

Brora is not on the list of friendlies on the club website.

Brora Rangers is in pre season fixtures announcement. 7.30pm kick off. If it has been postponed it would be good of the Club to let the fans know. Communication I think it’s called. 

I was working off the list on the club website, posted on 28 June.

It just shows two more to play, the midweek games this week: 1945 at Buckie on Tuesday and 1930 at home to Aberdeen on Wednesday.

Edited by Robert

Apologies guys, my bad if you're checking it off the calendar on here... if it's the official site then blame somebody else ?

I volunteered to copy Scotty's fixtures onto the calendar as he was going on holiday. Forgot it would need updated for any fixture changes. Now sorted to take account of the changes.

Edited by TheMantis

• tm4tj unpinned this topic