The Pre-Season Thread

Renegade

here's hoping our goal scoring feats can be taken to the much higher level of league football. a good headache for robbo in deciding his starting eleven. the cup is another good opportunity to try out various options but i think he will already have a good idea of his starting eleven.

Edited by caleyboy

22 hours ago, Gregor said:

As I said on other thread 

31 goals scored in the friendlies by 14 different players, they all have had decent minutes on the park so hopefully future is bright.

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades. ?

One of the forwards will need to be on a 20-goal run if promotion is to be on the cards, and that is not in the history of any player not even by half, at this level.  Not to say it isn’t in any of them, I think it could be, but that’s what the season hinges on, that and assists from Polworth.

2 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Saturday's crowd against cove will be worse than normal since no access to car parks. Although club have put on a free shuttle bus.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ICTFC/status/1017451881482866688/photo/1

The club have taken a fair bit of flak over some of their actions recently but this seems a really good offer on the face of it. I'd like to see them do something like this for all home games as well so folk can have a pint in town if they want then hop on a bus from the city centre around 1430 or 1440 then zip out to the ground.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, RiG said:

The club have taken a fair bit of flak over some of their actions recently but this seems a really good offer on the face of it. I'd like to see them do something like this for all home games as well so folk can have a pint in town if they want then hop on a bus from the city centre around 1430 or 1440 then zip out to the ground.

Have we sold thousands? Looks like very little seats for sale on online system??? 

10 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Have we sold thousands? Looks like very little seats for sale on online system??? 

A lot of seats will be "reserved" in the booking system for season ticket holders.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

A lot of seats will be "reserved" in the booking system for season ticket holders.

Season ticket and hospitality seats were reserved until lunch time today. Should now be released

Delighted that this thread is almost redundant. The season proper is just over three hours away and with a full pre season with no upheaval or disruption let's hope for a far far better start to the season than a year ago.

Very best wishes to John Roberston, the coaches, the players and everyone working hard behind the scenes. Let's have such a successful season that we start the next one back in the Premiership.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• tm4tj unpinned this topic

Are we playing Brora tomorrow night? There was something on a thread saying it had been changed but can't find anything to confirm that. Although with tonight's game it would be mostly youngsters. 

Brora 1-3 ICT

DiafPNqX4AIy9W-.jpg1-0 Kyle Macleod, cut back from Brindle and Kyle side foots home.

1-1 Our lead didn’t last long. Sean Welsh levels from the penalty spot.

1-2 Jamie McCart forces the ball home following a corner.

1-3 Sean Welsh with his 2nd following a corner.

Chalmers shot, held by Malin. 1-3

HT @brorarangers 1 @ICTFC 3

Diag5xEW4AA4wIN.jpg

Brindle almost pulls a goal back, his shot goes just wide

James Ross shot tipped over by Hoban

Another great save from Hoban to deny Macleod

Brindle header wide, we certainly are pushing for a goal.

Sean Welsh debut turns sour as he is red carded for a headbutt

on Kyle MacLeod. :shrug:

Full Time 1-3

Thanks to Brora Rangers FC for the tweets.

He needs to be taken into the manager's office first thing in the morning and told that that sort of conduct will not be tolerated. We paid heavily for poor discipline last season and can't afford to again. An apology to Brora, his victim and his own team mates would not go amiss either.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, Glover said:

In a friendly, on your debut, against an amateur team, with 7 youth players on the pitch alongside you - mad.  

Brora are not amateur, they are part time professional but, that pedantic observation apart, I agree entirely. Everyone deserves a second chance but he needs to change that attitude and change it now.

56 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Brora are not amateur, they are part time professional but, that pedantic observation apart, I agree entirely. Everyone deserves a second chance but he needs to change that attitude and change it now.

probably one of those footballer head butts where it could be mistaken for nose to nose kissing