The Pre-Season Thread

Renegade

Just now, Kingsmills said:

Can rely on the Dins to snap up our best players for nothing when they are out of contract but it seems we can't rely on them to honour their commitment to a pre season friendly.

Think we might have dodged a bullet personally. Crowd would have been poor considering...

1 hour ago, Hearach said:

Brora Rangers is in pre season fixtures announcement. 7.30pm kick off. If it has been postponed it would be good of the Club to let the fans know. Communication I think it’s called. 

Brora has the 16th on its twitter. Assume it has been changed then. 

15 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

...and if we did have a crowd, no idea where we'd have parked them as the circus are using the carparks!

More than one clown in Inverness that night then 

Dougal 

• Funny 1

28 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Brora has the 16th on its twitter. Assume it has been changed then. 

So we play Brora the night before cup game against Cowdenbeath? Crazy

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

English, Scottish or from Mars. Doesn't matter if they support ICT and back the team. Surely the fact that incomers  to the area develop a loyalty to the local football club can only be a good thing.

This wasn't a dig towards our English fans, just a realisation. I've really been enjoying this World Cup and wouldn't miss a semi final for a home friendly fixture against Aberdeen. 

39 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

This wasn't a dig towards our English fans, just a realisation. I've really been enjoying this World Cup and wouldn't miss a semi final for a home friendly fixture against Aberdeen. 

I am the odd one out not watched a game but would have gone to watch us play Aberdeen.  I have seen enough on the news after England's last win and shudder to think what it might be like if they were to win the cup!

• Agree 2

What a farce but doesn't change my plans for Wednesday - I was always going to see Paul Simon at The Hydro. So wasn't giving a monkey's chuff about playing the Dons or watching Ingerland. Two better teams playing the night before anyway.

Aberdeen have messed up their pre-season badly and have a 12 day gap between St Johnstone (yesterday) and WBA (20th) with only Cove (15th) in between before the Burnley game (26th).  

They have also lost 10 players and brought in only 3 with a few already injured.  They needed better opposition than Cove but left it too late to fit/find any.  Their U20s are away too.  

WC semi-final and no parking wasn’t ideal but moot now.  Wonder why RC, St Johnstone and Aberdeen pre-season friendlies aren’t more of an occurrence/planned.

Aberdeen have been caught out badly by being paired with Burnley.   Their pre-season in preparation for that game is shambolic.  No wonder they tried to add a test closer to their first team level.  How Cove did against Falkirk is all power to their elbow but Cove & WBA in the two weeks prior to a Europa League fixture is hugely unbalanced and a poor show from the SPFL representatives in the Europa league.

29 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

So is Esson  still going to be playing as well as coaching?

No. He's a man. Unlike us women he can't multi task. ?

Edited by Guest

• tm4tj unpinned this topic