Gary Warren told he can leave

Glover

On 6/10/2018 at 8:26 PM, Northern_jaggie said:

Ding dong the witch is dead! (the witch is dead!!) 

Close the door on your way out and don’t come back! Woohoo! 

*dances on grave*

*High fives Scarlett Pimple*

I think you are wrong to imply that Scarlet Pimple had any wish to force Charles Bannerman to withdraw from these forums. That sort of thing is I think way beneath his dignity.

It is true that Charles seems to have lost his way a bit, and was maybe less aware of what is acceptable and what is not, and Mr Pimple merely offered him guidance.

The faux outrage at some of Charles' more controversial posts was particularly distasteful.

Although I didn't always agree with Charles' point of view, and we occasionally crossed swords, I regret his decision to withdraw as his posts were generally insightful, sometimes inciteful and always well presented, and I do hope that once he's cooled down a little, perhaps researched what is acceptable and what is not, that he will resume his valuable contributions to these forums.

• Agree 3

I think some posters may 'have it in' for Bannerman based on his vociferous criticisms of Scottish Independence in the politics thread. I actually don't think it's a good idea to have politics sections on football forums for that very reason. It's divisive and polarizing. Football is supposed to be an escape from that kind of thing. 

Back on topic, rumours that County are interested in Warren as a 'like for like' replacement for Andrew Davies. Out of the 2 I'd say Warren would actually be an upgrade for them.

1 hour ago, buckett said:

I think you are wrong to imply that Scarlet Pimple had any wish to force Charles Bannerman to withdraw from these forums. That sort of thing is I think way beneath his dignity.

It is true that Charles seems to have lost his way a bit, and was maybe less aware of what is acceptable and what is not, and Mr Pimple merely offered him guidance.

The faux outrage at some of Charles' more controversial posts was particularly distasteful.

Although I didn't always agree with Charles' point of view, and we occasionally crossed swords, I regret his decision to withdraw as his posts were generally insightful, sometimes inciteful and always well presented, and I do hope that once he's cooled down a little, perhaps researched what is acceptable and what is not, that he will resume his valuable contributions to these forums.

I'd agree with that.

I've enjoyed many interesting and thought provoking debates with Charles over the years.  It's only more recently when he's chosen to attack the poster instead of the points being made that, that has changed.

28 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

I'd agree with that.

I've enjoyed many interesting and thought provoking debates with Charles over the years.  It's only more recently when he's chosen to attack the poster instead of the points being made that, that has changed.

Whilst this should not become a debate about any individual poster, I have to disagree. CB has long attacked and attempted to bully individual posters particularly those who he perceives to be less intelligent or less articulate than himself. 

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Whilst this should not become a debate about any individual poster, I have to disagree. CB has long attacked and attempted to bully individual posters particularly those who he perceives to be less intelligent or less articulate than himself. 

Maybe the moderators should have stepped in and dealt with it sooner then?!

4 hours ago, AlexJones said:

I think some posters may 'have it in' for Bannerman based on his vociferous criticisms of Scottish Independence in the politics thread. I actually don't think it's a good idea to have politics sections on football forums for that very reason. It's divisive and polarizing. Football is supposed to be an escape from that kind of thing. 

Back on topic, rumours that County are interested in Warren as a 'like for like' replacement for Andrew Davies. Out of the 2 I'd say Warren would actually be an upgrade for them.

If anyone 'had it in' for Bannerman, it would be purely down to his style of trying to make himself sound so much better than anyone else on here.

• Agree 2

As Harry S Truman once said to me "Johndo, if you cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen" and then the man from Everest who was drinking with us added "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". And then this woman sitting at the bar beside us - who I later learnt was a certain J.M Richards butted in with "Boys if it happened to me I would say - If you want to call it quits, just tell me. Man up and say it to my face. Don’t just skulk around"

Anyway I am reliably informed that a trimmed down Caley D has turned to CB for jogging advice and they have been out running together as virtual harriers.

See the source image

• Funny 2

On 6/14/2018 at 1:45 PM, Kingsmills said:

I can attest that distain for this individual is certainly not confined to the realms of CTO.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Morgan Spice said:

Well no because you attest your distain for him and others here on another popular forum don't you? ? 

Renegade holds everyone and everything in disdane on P&B and social media, especially if he thinks the other big boys will like it and let him hang with them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Morgan Spice said:

Talking about the real world aye. Funny statement to make when your opinions are on people you haven't met and have a hypothetical opinion of by the looks of it.

This thread seems to have gone entirely off course so is now locked.