New Board Member

DoofersDad

A fan and long term sponsor of the club. Don't know him personally but sounds like a great board appointment to me. 

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I see that Liam Dalgarno, the chap behind the local Subway franchises has joined the Board.  

https://ictfc.com/news/club-news/2221-liam-dalgarno-joins-the-ict-board

I can't comment on the appointment other than to say that a Board of only 4 Directors was certainly too small.  Hopefully this is a positive move for the Club.

I think this has to be a generally positive move. As far as the size of the board is concerned, in my view, the quality and expertise of the board members is more important than the number and I do think there remains room for improvement in that regard.

• Agree 1

Agreed, that would be teams of Dalgarno & Oliver (commercial), Fyfe & Crook (PR & Marketing), Robbo & Danny (Football) with Rae (management/business development) Mackenzie (legal) and McPhee (financial).    What other skillset or oversight is required?  

Matchday experience?  We seem to be well represented in terms of adverts and sales.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Glover said:

Agreed, that would be teams of Dalgarno & Oliver (commercial), Fyfe & Crook (PR & Marketing), Robbo & Danny (Football) with Rae (management/business development) Mackenzie (legal) and McPhee (financial).    What other skillset or oversight is required?  

Matchday experience?  We seem to be well represented in terms of adverts and sales.

People/fan engagement!!

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Glover said:

McPhee's background is in HR, not finance.

• Disagree 1

Yes, the board may be small but on the other hand do we want it turned into something top-heavy and bloated with people. The main thing is that we have people on it who have experience and business acumen gained in the world of modern business.

21 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

McPhee's background is in HR, not finance.

Ah - I stand corrected.  Then probably/perhaps any other member would be financial.  

People/Fan engagement is what is needed, definitely.  We are sailing into the Carlisle United or Crawley Town model of having a fan rep on the board.  The former had a board approved shortlist + vote on social media, the latter £8000 gift from the supporters' trust and a member only vote.  Their remit was engagement.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 2:10 PM, Glover said:

as far as i am aware Danny isn't a board member

21 hours ago, Glen Mhor said:

Yes, the board may be small but on the other hand do we want it turned into something top-heavy and bloated with people. The main thing is that we have people on it who have experience and business acumen gained in the world of modern business.

that being the case tell me where Gordon Fyfe gets his business acumen from?

• 2 weeks later...

Hope the newbie Board members like the lineup of the new players.

These signings show  forward thinking and creativity from the Board and the Manager. Hope the source of the money is solid....?

. Looking good for this season which I think is going to be exciting. 

54 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Hope the newbie Board members like the lineup of the new players.

These signings show  forward thinking and creativity from the Board and the Manager. Hope the source of the money is solid....?

. Looking good for this season which I think is going to be exciting. 

the manager's job is to get the player and the board finds the funding. the creative thinking is down to robbo.

But we must remember, Caleboy,  that if the Board don't agree with the Manager's assessment they might JUST decline to support him with sufficient money. However I think that , having kept Robbo on, they have little choice but to support him and it seems that's what happened through  season 2017/2018 and will be repeated this term as well. But this starting season we are in  a much better position to compete than that of a year ago and, frankly, I am really upbeat about our prospects. Could be dynamic.

If they don't, he might be off at season's end leaving only a demoralised bunch of players and fans behind in his cloud of dust. If you treat him with negative girning most of the time it will demoralise him at first and then disappoint and anger him and that is what I'm afraid of because I don't see how we can get in a better manager than him at the end of the season if he quits.

Meantime back at the ranch we will be off at the toot. Right?        :dog:

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

• 3 weeks later...

Do we really need new board members and how quick were they to announce them yet when it comes to important news like Gary Warren not a peep until the fans call the board out on lack of communication. What relationship has this one got to Mr Rae, friend or relative?

5 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I dont know Ross personally but hearing good things about him. He is a supporter of the club and also a member of the community charity board. 

I actually think this is a positive appointment personally.

Don't spoil it for the mob!

• Funny 2

40 minutes ago, roarer said:

Don't spoil it for the mob!

With one or two exceptions, I don't see much of a mob. I do see a large number of faithful fans concerned about the direction of travel the club has been on probably ever since our cup triumph.