Who wants Gary Warren to stay?

caleyboy

17 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Robbo doesn't see big Warren as a starter next season and thinks he could use the money saved to strengthen other areas of the team simple as that!

Well in that case Robbo should know better about how it works and its not just that simple - as to get rid of Warren he will have to pay him off with part or all of what he would be due for the remainder of his contract then pay for a.n. other player - therefore in real terms any replacement will actually cost more this season so not acually cost cutting at all!!!!

• Agree 3

16 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Well in that case Robbo should know better about how it works and its not just that simple - as to get rid of Warren he will have to pay him off with part or all of what he would be due for the remainder of his contract then pay for a.n. other player - therefore in real terms any replacement will actually cost more this season so not acually cost cutting at all!!!!

He's just testing the water ain't he putting it out there that warren can leave on a free no takers he's still gonna be with us Robbo nos exactly what he's doing !

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's been over 3 wks now and there's no indication he is away. If we are trying to free up funds for other players, we are in danger of missing out on targets - at what point do the club decide that they have to backtrack and look to make plans with GW at the club? Or do we go right up to the start of the season hoping he leaves then throw the cash at whatever targets are milling around looking for a club? Lets hope that not leaving isn't held against him by the management and some fans like it has been for OFW.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Yeah, can't have a thread which might aim criticism at the club, manager or board .................or after crap performances any players. Seems this forum is only wanting to welcome fake, positive happy posts and anything that prompts questioning or contrary opinion get frowned upon?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Well that's been over 3 wks now and there's no indication he is away. If we are trying to free up funds for other players, we are in danger of missing out on targets - at what point do the club decide that they have to backtrack and look to make plans with GW at the club? Or do we go right up to the start of the season hoping he leaves then throw the cash at whatever targets are milling around looking for a club? Lets hope that not leaving isn't held against him by the management and some fans like it has been for OFW.

Hes under contract. He can sit it out. Maybe hes not bad the right offer? Who knows? 

I hate the way all this is being conducted in public esp to a real good guy 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Yeah, can't have a thread which might aim criticism at the club, manager or board .................or after crap performances any players. Seems this forum is only wanting to welcome fake, positive happy posts and anything that prompts questioning or contrary opinion get frowned upon?

Problem is that there's too many who don't know the difference between criticism and being abusive.  Not a CTO problem only, it's a product of the anonymous/faceless nature of social media which removes the accountability.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Problem is that there's too many who don't know the difference between criticism and being abusive.  Not a CTO problem only, it's a product of the anonymous/faceless nature of social media which removes the accountability.

And often the chance of balanced debate as well.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

P&J confirm that Warren has left the building. A sad day. 

Link to the story or tweet? Not seen anything online myself yet but I've probably missed it!

I guess we can add the Gary Warren memorial trophy to the Duncan Shearer Cup then?

Edited by RiG

44 minutes ago, RiG said:

Link to the story or tweet? Not seen anything online myself yet but I've probably missed it!

I guess we can add the Gary Warren memorial trophy to the Duncan Shearer Cup then?

It's in the paper edition Of the P&J

Gary has obviously negotiated a better settlement.   An agreed departure means we say farewell to a player of 7 years, 220 appearances [ 6th most 'capped' player in ICT history].  

When I say we say farewell, we don't actually.  We just do it on a fans forum.  We also don't get to applaud him off at the end of the season, there won't be an interview, he won't give a speech in hospitality, nada.  I know Huisdean and co won't be bothered, and that is their prerogative, but I for one feel a little deflated.

We also find this out in the print version of P&J.  This means while ICT Twitter were advising us to watch the Irn Bru draw on Facebook yesterday this news was being transmitted to the P&J.  Nothing as of yet on ICT Twitter or website.  I will just take an excerpt from our Chairman's inaugural statement to show that while this move certainly ticks off his 'sustainable business model' priority, he has done little else to achieve the others:

Winning back your trust, improving your match experiences and building a side that can get us back into the Premiership are my key priorities as I begin my new role as Chairman of this proud club.  All of the above are underpinned by adopting a sustainable business model that makes the club more resilient going forward.

At the heart of achieving these goals is improved communication and collaboration with you, the fans, our most important and valuable asset.

This will be the first of regular messages from me and we will complement this with regular newsletters about what is happening on and off the pitch, updates on the first team and our exciting and high achieving youth squads as well as improvements at the ground, personnel changes and our work in the community.

https://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1979-chairman-s-message-24th-august 

Edited by Glover
  • Agree 2

I agree with above. An official tweet, comment on club website or similar direct message should have been the way this was communicated. 

Reading it in the morning paper is very dated and not the right way to treat our Captain and respected player. 

It may be fitting for the likes of Susan or someone who was a misfit and not here for very long, but not someone of the stature of Gary Warren. 

Mr Chairman and ICT, you have failed with your communication, and failed your fans here. 

PS - A statement from the Chairman thanking Gary etc will no doubt appear shortly. Too little, too late!!

Edited by Guest
Spelling

Must say I would have expected a statement on the club website thanking Gary for his loyalty to us over the past seven seasons.  Our best ever signing in my opinion.  For him to just go without even a mention seems a poor way to treat our club captain.

I did think he might have had a chance of Rice's job, but apparently not.  Good luck to him wherever he ends up. Top man.

• Agree 1